BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Let's discuss the BMW "M2 CS" rumor: will there be a hardcore M2 variant 2019/2020 ?

02-27-2019, 11:05 AM   #2289
Gorro47
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 125d, FocusRs17,E39m5, etc

Went to my bmw dealer and spoke with them.
They donīt know more besides whatīs been said here.

My car will arrive in two months, they say if there is more info on it, they gladly sell me a cs a take my m2 competition because they are easy to sell atm.

I was so happy about the m2c until i saw this late news about the cs.

This pursuit for the newer/better itīs a disease.

Just hope itīs crazy expensive with no manual so i can rest in competiton.

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 11:21 AM   #2290
grl.racr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, MK8 R, RS6 Avant

I don’t see how it even makes sense to take delivery of an m2c at this point if you might want the CS - just be patient. I’m glad I didn’t jump onto the comp bandwagon so fast.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 11:35 AM   #2291
Gorro47
Private
Rep

I will only want Cs if itīs manual and not gt4 priced.

I didnīt know the Cs was going to happen on the M2 so i thought i wanted a M2C.

But itīs all good, just car stuff.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 11:57 AM   #2292
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorro47 View Post
Just hope itīs crazy expensive with no manual so i can rest in competition.
Quote:
I will only want Cs if itīs manual and not gt4 priced.
M2 CS = 6MT stock and M-DCT optional (alike the original M2 and M2 Competition).
      02-27-2019, 12:04 PM   #2293
Gorro47
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
M2 CS = 6MT stock and M-DCT optional (alike the original M2 and M2 Competition).
How can you be certain of the manual option. Itīs crazy that people say something like this when no dealers have info.

But iīm glad somebody knows so i can be ready.

Thankīs for all the info.

Best regards
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 12:11 PM   #2294
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.boost View Post
I don’t see how it even makes sense to take delivery of an m2c at this point if you might want the CS - just be patient. I’m glad I didn’t jump onto the comp bandwagon so fast.
Some people can't afford the big price difference.
      02-27-2019, 12:12 PM   #2295
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
How can you be certain of the manual option. Itīs crazy that people say something like this when no dealers have info.
But iīm glad somebody knows so i can be ready.
Thankīs for all the info.
Best regards

Name:  Dancing.jpg
Views: 1127
Size:  35.9 KB
Poochie9099.00
      02-27-2019, 12:19 PM   #2296
grl.racr
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_F87 View Post
Some people can't afford the big price difference.
We don’t know what the difference is yet, and we are a ways out which gives plenty of time to save some extra cash.

Makes more sense than buying a comp now and either trying to mod it to be like the CS (ultimately spending more on parts/labour and simultaneously voiding warranty/tanking resale value) OR accepting you did want the CS and taking a bath on the first year depreciation curve when you trade it in.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 12:26 PM   #2297
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
We don’t know what the difference is yet, and we are a ways out which gives plenty of time to save some extra cash.

Makes more sense than buying a comp now and either trying to mod it to be like the CS (ultimately spending more on parts/labour and simultaneously voiding warranty/tanking resale value) OR accepting you did want the CS and taking a bath on the first year depreciation curve when you trade it in.
Considering the cost of all of the parts that will be included on the car (763M wheels, CS lip, CS spoiler, carbon diffuser, carbon roof, carbon hood, and adaptive suspension) all of these parts add up to about $18,000+ and that is not even mentioning add ons like the CCB and steering wheel. This car will be quite a jump higher than the Competition, so it is only fair to assume the price difference is unattainable to some people.

I currently have a comp on order, but do plan on waiting for the CS depending on the price jump; but I don't think it's fair to assume everyone is able to go out and buy a much more expensive CS version of a car that everyone considers to be a hell of a price bargain from BMW. The M2C is an absolutely fantastic car and anyone that has one should consider themselves lucky.

Last edited by Project_F87; 02-27-2019 at 12:34 PM..
Appreciate 3
AlpsRider2857.50
goku7173.00
M-Pilot4859.00
      02-27-2019, 12:33 PM   #2298
grl.racr
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Considering the cost of all of the parts that will be included on the car (763M wheels, CS lip, CS spoiler, carbon diffuser, carbon roof, carbon hood, and adaptive suspension) all of these parts add up to about $18,000+ and that is not even mentioning add ons like the CCB. This car will be quite a jump higher than the Competition, so it is only fair to assume the price difference is unattainable to some people.

I currently have a comp on order, but do plan on waiting for the CS depending on the price jump; but I don't think it's fair to assume everyone is able to go out and buy a much more expensive CS version of a car that everyone considers to be a hell of a price bargain from BMW. The M2C is an absolutely fantastic car and anyone that has one should consider themselves lucky.
Maybe it will end up being unattainable for some, but you’re no worse off waiting to see where things end up. Nobody is getting a smoking deal on an m2c right now since it’s the best model. Wait until something better comes out and you’re likely to find more of them on the market at a discount. Unless you don’t care at all about what the CS has to offer, I still don’t see how it makes sense to buy a new M2C right now. Most people upset about the CS just regret buying the comp when this is around the corner with more desirable options.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 01:00 PM   #2299
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
M2C is a bargain at $59K USD over OG M2 at $54.5K. Getting the S55, much better brakes, M seats, extra cooling, CF strut brace etc for only $4.5K is one heck of a deal. CF roof, hood, splitter, diffuser, CS wheels and the tune can be added to M2C for $13K including parts and labor. The biggest advantage of CS is the warranty and as I said before, if BMW offers it for anything below $80K, it would be no brainer to get the CS. Otherwise, M2C will continue to be the best bang for the buck.
Appreciate 1
AlpsRider2857.50
      02-27-2019, 01:08 PM   #2300
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

Quote:
Dealers generally know less about a specific model than an enthusiast/buyer. Keep in mind they need to know some info about the entire BMW lineup as they don't just sell F87's. You have to consider they likely get 100x as many questions about the lower tiered non-M models (i.e. 330) than they do about these CS/GTS/CSL/ABC models. And BMW is always coming out with something new...so it's got to be hard to keep up on all the newest info.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 01:11 PM   #2301
grl.racr
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
M2C is a bargain at $59K USD over OG M2 at $54.5K. Getting the S55, much better brakes, M seats, extra cooling, CF strut brace etc for only $4.5K is one heck of a deal. CF roof, hood, splitter, diffuser, CS wheels and the tune can be added to M2C for $13K including parts and labor. The biggest advantage of CS is the warranty and as I said before, if BMW offers it for anything below $80K, it would be no brainer to get the CS. Otherwise, M2C will continue to be the best bang for the buck.
We’re not talking about the OG though. And many OG’s are heavily discounted now making them more of a bargain to some anyway.

You think someone wants to buy your comp for market value after you’ve hacked the factory roof off? It’s the warranty and the resale value. I mean, you mentioned you sold your OEM brakes. I don’t know many people who would want to buy a car without those. Spending that much money in mods to compensate for what you didn’t get from the factory won’t necessarily land you ahead financially. Bang for your buck is subjective to what you value, I guess.
Appreciate 1
flyaway140.50
      02-27-2019, 01:21 PM   #2302
No Boost
enthusiasm > practicality
United_States
Rep
Drives: 987 CS | G35x

Garage List
Levels of knowledge regarding upcoming models:

1) forum insiders
2) forum members thanks to forum insiders
10) dealers
Appreciate 6
JustChris17423.00
seis-speed2426.00
csbear1118.00
02M3ForMe4255.50
      02-27-2019, 01:47 PM   #2303
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
We’re not talking about the OG though. And many OG’s are heavily discounted now making them more of a bargain to some anyway.

You think someone wants to buy your comp for market value after you’ve hacked the factory roof off? It’s the warranty and the resale value. I mean, you mentioned you sold your OEM brakes. I don’t know many people who would want to buy a car without those. Spending that much money in mods to compensate for what you didn’t get from the factory won’t necessarily land you ahead financially. Bang for your buck is subjective to what you value, I guess.
Firstly, I'm talking about what's possible. Secondly, not interested in CF roof unless it comes from the factory. Love the look but not worth the hassle. So everything can easily be put back to stock when you are about to sell. Lastly, you keep bringing the resale value but I personally couldn't care less about resale value. I buy my cars to enjoy both on the street and the track not store them in garage year along except for a few weekend drives hoping they will keep their value. In other words, someone could say even tracking a car takes away from the resale value so putting OEM M performance parts on a car least of my concerns. I even went ahead and invested in better and lighter brakes as well as a coilover system, which already improves over what CS is rumored to have. That being said, let's wait for the CS pricing and we'll see if the comp still makes sense or not.

On a separate note though, I'm really surprised and glad at the same time that you are very interested in the CS. I thought there were plenty of other cars for you out there that can put the power down and not sound like garbage
Appreciate 3
AlpsRider2857.50
TProfit81.50
      02-27-2019, 02:08 PM   #2304
grl.racr
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Firstly, I'm talking about what's possible. Secondly, not interested in CF roof unless it comes from the factory. Love the look but not worth the hassle. So everything can easily be put back to stock when you are about to sell. Lastly, you keep bringing the resale value but I personally couldn't care less about resale value. I buy my cars to enjoy both on the street and the track not store them in garage year along except for a few weekend drives hoping they will keep their value. In other words, someone could say even tracking a car takes away from the resale value so putting OEM M performance parts on a car least of my concerns. I even went ahead and invested in better and lighter brakes as well as a coilover system, which already improves over what CS is rumored to have. That being said, let's wait for the CS pricing and we'll see if the comp still makes sense or not.

On a separate note though, I'm really surprised and glad at the same time that you are very interested in the CS. I thought there were plenty of other cars for you out there that can put the power down and not sound like garbage
Looks like you’re taking this awfully personally, when my comment started out as a general observation to those who do NOT currently own the comp. Of course you will justify why the comp makes sense, you’ve already bought it!

I still think the sound is the biggest downfall of the s55, but some exhaust systems have come out now that seem to make it more tolerable. It’s not great and will never sound as nice as the N55, but it does have more power and that’s the sacrifice. I don’t want to wait until the next generation, or waste thousands modding my OG to try to be something it isn’t.

Thank god I have a Porsche for my aural satisfaction anyway.
Appreciate 1
flyaway140.50
      02-27-2019, 02:23 PM   #2305
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Looks like you're taking this awfully personally, when my comment started out as a general observation to those who do NOT currently own the comp. Of course you will justify why the comp makes sense, you've already bought it!

I still think the sound is the biggest downfall of the s55, but some exhaust systems have come out now that seem to make it more tolerable. It's not great and will never sound as nice as the N55, but it does have more power and that's the sacrifice. I don't want to wait until the next generation, or waste thousands modding my OG to try to be something it isn't.

Thank god I have a Porsche for my aural satisfaction anyway.
If you read my comments, you'll see that I actually even consider upgrading to CS in a couple years depending on pricing. So nothing personal and nothing to justify. I just try to look at it from both sides CS is great and a better package then M2C as it should be. All it matters is the pricing at this point. I don't care about OG, Comp, CS, GTS etc. I didn't develep these cars so have no deep connection and will probably be in a different car in 2-3 years anyway. So neither yours nor others' comments hurt me in any way lol. This is not a sports team that I'm passionately rooting for.

Edit: Btw same thing can be said about you as well about justifying something that you already bought Anyways it's always fun to witness how shit talking can turn into admiration lol.

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
Appreciate 1
      02-27-2019, 02:40 PM   #2306
grl.racr
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butthurt View Post
If you read my comments, you'll see that I actually even consider upgrading to CS in a couple years depending on pricing. So nothing personal and nothing to justify. I just try to look at it from both sides CS is great and a better package then M2C as it should be. All it matters is the pricing at this point. I don't care about OG, Comp, CS, GTS etc. I didn't develep these cars so have no deep connection and will probably be in a different car in 2-3 years anyway. So neither yours nor others' comments hurt me in any way lol. This is not a sports team that I'm passionately rooting for.

Edit: Btw same thing can be said about you as well about justifying something that you already bought Anyways it's always fun to witness how shit talking can turn into admiration lol.

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
You say you’re not taking it personally but taking the time to screenshot my post from last year
Appreciate 1
JustChris17423.00
      02-27-2019, 03:14 PM   #2307
goku7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C ED 08/2019

Do we know how many units will be produced ? If it's like 1000 they might be hard to get. The color choices are bland. The whole package is not just as desirable compared to when m2 comp happened.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 04:47 PM   #2308
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku7 View Post
Do we know how many units will be produced ? If it's like 1000 they might be hard to get. The color choices are bland. The whole package is not just as desirable compared to when m2 comp happened.
It sounds like these aren't going to be limited. Maybe a full two year run. Will be factory limitations if M2C and M2CS are built along side each other. My guess is two year run of the CS with a special edition CS during last year.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 05:14 PM   #2309
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
It sounds like these aren't going to be limited. Maybe a full two year run. Will be factory limitations if M2C and M2CS are built along side each other. My guess is two year run of the CS with a special edition CS during last year.
Lmao a special edition of the special edition? Do you mean the CSL? hahaha
      02-27-2019, 05:55 PM   #2310
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Lmao a special edition of the special edition? Do you mean the CSL? hahaha
A different color and/or interior, but same car. The CS isn't special. It's right in line with BMW's released marketing for M vehicles. That's like saying a Corvette Z06 is special.
Appreciate 1