BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Slightly strange feeling with clutch pedal

08-09-2022, 09:52 PM   #1
ESB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Garage List
Slightly strange feeling with clutch pedal

I first noticed this yesterday but thought it might be in my head. Then completely forgot and felt it again today. I just recently passed 22k miles and got the car in May 2020 (new). I'm pretty sure this is a new feeling and I'm not going nuts.

Basically when I have the clutch pedal pressed in, I get some amount of feedback. It's hard to describe … not exactly a vibration per se but it just feels a bit … bumpy? As if my left foot was snowboarding on marbles or something.

I think it's most pronounced when RPM is dropping and particularly between 1.5-3k or so. So for example a somewhat reliable repro is pressing the clutch in at 3k and letting RPM drop to around 2k.

Happens whether I'm moving or parked. Basically speed seems to be irrelevant.

Also seems to happen at any gear including neutral. Like I can be parked, put the car in neutral, press clutch pedal in and rev to 3k then let it decrease and I'll feel it.

Sometimes it feels more obvious than other times. I can't pinpoint what I can do to make it the most prominent. I'd chalk it up to randomness given the tests I've done .

I'm still almost like 40% wondering if this is in my head. But the fact that I noticed it again today without "looking for it" and remembering that I first felt it yesterday makes me think something may actually be going on.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 10:09 PM   #2
(K)
Captain
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT (R.I.P.)

I'm thinking maybe early signs of pilot bearing failure? It may start to rear itself a bit more with use as the bearing starts to wear out.

Try feathering the clutch in 1st (without throttle) to see if you can get it to repeat consistently.
Appreciate 1
ESB1045.00
      10-17-2023, 12:05 PM   #3
FriedChicken
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Hello, any updates in regards to this? Did you bring it in to a shop to take a look? I just recently started to notice it in my 21 M2C. Not sure if its a common bmw thing, or i should get it checked out.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 02:47 AM   #4
ESB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedChicken View Post
Hello, any updates in regards to this? Did you bring it in to a shop to take a look? I just recently started to notice it in my 21 M2C. Not sure if its a common bmw thing, or i should get it checked out.
It ended up going away on its own
Appreciate 0