BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Software update recall?

09-23-2023, 08:17 AM   #133
BlacMacJac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW '20 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcewaterPete View Post
BlackMacJac, Send an email request to BimmerCode and they will send you a link to TestFlight which will give you access to a beta version of their system and then you can access the head unit.

I just had the software updated by the dealer on my ‘21 and once BimmerCode got me the TestFlight link all was good. You can even use BimmerCode now to code full screen Apple CarPlay!
I saw mention of that in an earlier post but assumed when I saw "headunit" in my app it was now a working module and not a TestFlight thing. Thanks for the help.. email sent.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2023, 10:40 PM   #134
FractalFootwork
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C, X3 M40i

Garage List
Kicking myself that I let the dealership code this update today; should have skipped it, and I should have read this thread.

My few Bimmercode changes were easy to get back in...

But I lost fullscreen CarPlay, and now don’t know how to get it back.

I have previously programmed fullscreen CarPlay with someone called Wibbles / Craig / BRDiagnostics found on this forum who was very helpful way back in 2019, using a laptop with a wifi connection and a cable to the car. Unfortunately it seems he is now MIA as the email address I previously used to contact him now bounces. I also no longer have the laptop I used to program this 4 years ago, ugh.

I am having the same issue as at least 2 others in this thread ESB and Frank K with Bimmercode where the headunit is inaccessible. I have emailed Bimmercode too see if I can get the TestFlight app update ya’ll have mentioned.

Would love to be able to just reset the whole car software to get Bimmercode to work like it seems most others who haven’t done the complicated fullscreen CarPlay programming.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2023, 10:49 PM   #135
ESB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FractalFootwork View Post
Kicking myself that I let the dealership code this update today; should have skipped it, and I should have read this thread.

My few Bimmercode changes were easy to get back in...

But I lost fullscreen CarPlay, and now don’t know how to get it back.

I have previously programmed fullscreen CarPlay with someone called Wibbles / Craig / BRDiagnostics found on this forum who was very helpful way back in 2019, using a laptop with a wifi connection and a cable to the car. Unfortunately it seems he is now MIA as the email address I previously used to contact him now bounces. I also no longer have the laptop I used to program this 4 years ago, ugh.

I am having the same issue as at least 2 others in this thread ESB and Frank K with Bimmercode where the headunit is inaccessible. I have emailed Bimmercode too see if I can get the TestFlight app update ya’ll have mentioned.

Would love to be able to just reset the whole car software to get Bimmercode to work like it seems most others who haven’t done the complicated fullscreen CarPlay programming.
Good luck! I remembered they replied to me within a day or two.

Worst case scenario you can message kubax and buy his full screen CarPlay. Sucks to pay again for it if you had paid for it from a different vendor butttt he’s at least very reliable and fixed the bizarre issue I was having 1+ year after I first purchased from him. His method does require a windows laptop though and a ethernet ODB2 thing that his website links to.
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2023, 06:16 AM   #136
nismosao
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Toyota Tacoma, '21 M2C

If they updated your software, you don’t need to pay for it again. Just go into BimmerCode and turn on full screen CarPlay.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 07:46 AM   #137
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

yep, just message bimmercode, happened to me like it has happened to a lot of people. They send you an updated app and you are good to go.

However it is a useless update, my dealership updated it even though I told them not to. However the good thing is before with the other method of full screen car play there were some things that you could not do with bimmercode, it would not let us access them but now it does so I guess thats a good thing.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 09:02 AM   #138
BlacMacJac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW '20 M2C

like many I got the beta access (Test Flight) of Bimmercode that allowed me to turn full-screen back on (and I'd originally did it via Kubax) and they said this version will go live to everyone "very soon".
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 04:43 PM   #139
FractalFootwork
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C, X3 M40i

Garage List
Update of my post from yesterday.

Bimmercode sent me the TestFlight beta app today, and I was able to access the headunit and code on fullscreen CarPlay!

Honestly, now I’m almost happy that I had BMW install their software update during my service visit as the method to enable fullscreen CarPlay via Bimmercode is just way easier, and if BMW ever updates software on my car again the Bimmercode method will be there waiting.
Appreciate 1
MooMooM21819.00
      09-28-2023, 05:24 PM   #140
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by FractalFootwork View Post
Update of my post from yesterday.

Bimmercode sent me the TestFlight beta app today, and I was able to access the headunit and code on fullscreen CarPlay!

Honestly, now I’m almost happy that I had BMW install their software update during my service visit as the method to enable fullscreen CarPlay via Bimmercode is just way easier, and if BMW ever updates software on my car again the Bimmercode method will be there waiting.
when the dealer borked my software after I asked them not to install this, no xm radio or sat nav I took it back and the SA told me that they found german software on the car yada yada yada. I wonder wtf he was talking about but could this be the car play full screen code?

Made no sense he said my car had german software and they had to update it to US software. Car was never in europe, its a 1 owner US car.
Appreciate 0