BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Puzzling iDrive/Map question.....

06-08-2020, 12:44 AM   #1
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Puzzling iDrive/Map question.....

Ok-- 2020 M2C.

When I'm using the split screen function, on the right you can select various modes-- clock, map, arrow for direction, trip meter, etc.

However, it *appears* that when I select the map on the right side of the display, I ONLY get it with North up-- which is the most useless thing on the planet. I want to use it in Track Up mode since that's useful, but I can't figure out how to set it up. Maybe it's impossible?

Any ideas? I can't believe that it's not possible to swap the split screen (right hand side) to track up instead of North up-- I've looked through as many functions as I can find, and I'm out of ideas.

Not that they would be a lot of help, but my dealership whacked the Genius crowd due to costs related to the CV buffoonery, so no help there.

TIA-- this has been driving me nutty.

R.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 11:30 PM   #2
MrOhnoez
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 GLI, '79 beetle, '99 M3

Go all the way to the bottom of the split screen menu, If I remember correctly the settings are down there.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 05:11 PM   #3
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOhnoez View Post
Go all the way to the bottom of the split screen menu, If I remember correctly the settings are down there.
That did it-- thanks!

I was going nutty looking how to change it, but I never scrolled completely down-- and since it's only one line I missed it.
Appreciate 0