BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Msrp jump

08-01-2020, 08:40 PM   #1
maxrev30
Private
Rep
Drives: LBB M2C, 85 1uz v8 yota pickup

Msrp jump

After looking for a m2c to buy for the past few months now. where do these dealers get such a large jump in msrp? if the car is in the 58k range bare bone, and say you add the exec package(under 2k) , a color(500 bucks), and the dct (under 3k). How are some of these dealers advertising these cars for like 74-78k?

I assume if you order the MPE exhaust it makes a decent difference but what else is being added to these cars to make them almost 20k higher than base?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 09:04 PM   #2
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
They are ordering a lot of M Performance parts that are port installed. My M2 had $18,000 of port installed options. When they are port installed the parts are added to the sticker price of the car. The good thing is if you lease or finance the car, they are included.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 09:04 PM   #3
MrOhnoez
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 GLI, '79 beetle, '99 M3

There's alot of M performance accessories you can slap on.
Everything from side wings, to carbon hood and rear decklid.
They are quite pricey.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 09:09 PM   #4
maxrev30
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
They are ordering a lot of M Performance parts that are port installed. My M2 had $18,000 of port installed options.
Awe gotcha that would make alot of sense. Do those numbers only come up when you are ordering your car or purchasing the M performance parts after you've obtained the car?

Also if you don't mind me asking what kinds of parts did you have added to your m2?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 09:13 PM   #5
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxrev30 View Post
Awe gotcha that would make alot of sense. Do those numbers only come up when you are ordering your car or purchasing the M performance parts after you've obtained the car?

Also if you don't mind me asking what kinds of parts did you have added to your m2?
They come up when you order the car. I have the M Performance package, M Performance interior kit, and M Performance diffuser. I am sure there are a few other things I forgot. They were port installed so they were on the M2 when it was delivered to the dealer. A complete list is in my garage along with pictures.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 09:19 PM   #6
maxrev30
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

They come up when you order the car. I have the M Performance package, M Performance interior kit, and M Performance diffuser. I am sure there are a few other things I forgot. They were port installed so they were on the M2 when it was delivered to the dealer. A complete list is in my garage along with pictures.
sweet I'll take a look!

edit: any things you wish you had gone without or things you wish you had gotten and didn't originally?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 09:51 PM   #7
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
sweet I'll take a look!

edit: any things you wish you had gone without or things you wish you had gotten and didn't originally?
Added the M Performance steering wheel trim and the red stop/start button and ASD bypass harness. I don’t regret any option I bought.
Appreciate 1
      08-01-2020, 10:47 PM   #8
xxyion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition xDrive

I think what makes it annoying is that a lot of the websites dont obviously state what extra parts are added. When i was looking for my M2C, i saw the exact same car configuration as what i ended up getting (supposedly) but it was almost 12k more. The website (cargurus.com) didnt specify if it had any extra CF stuff and it didnt seem like it did from the pictures either. I think dealers in my area also like to mark up cars that seem limited.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 10:56 PM   #9
maxrev30
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyion View Post
I think what makes it annoying is that a lot of the websites dont obviously state what extra parts are added. When i was looking for my M2C, i saw the exact same car configuration as what i ended up getting (supposedly) but it was almost 12k more. The website (cargurus.com) didnt specify if it had any extra CF stuff and it didnt seem like it did from the pictures either. I think dealers in my area also like to mark up cars that seem limited.
yeah that's what i keep seeing and you'd assume if it has the M parts on it they would advertise it to make it more saleable. Cause in my case I'm not gonna buy a 74,000 dollar car unless its clearly written out that it has these specific parts. Especially when i can't see most of these vehicle's in person being as they're across the country.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 11:05 PM   #10
xxyion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition xDrive

Quote:
yeah that's what i keep seeing and you'd assume if it has the M parts on it they would advertise it to make it more saleable. Cause in my case I'm not gonna buy a 74,000 dollar car unless its clearly written out that it has these specific parts. Especially when i can't see most of these vehicle's in person being as they're across the country.
Yeah it made my search for my car a lot more annoying than it should have been. It was annoying seeing the exact car i want for 69k with no obvious reason why, when the HS car the dealership over with DCT and Exec package was going for 59k.

I ended up buying a car that was out of state and having the dealership ship it out to me. Managed to get BSM, MT, Exec Package for 60k OTD
Appreciate 1
chris7197334.00
      08-01-2020, 11:11 PM   #11
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

How are you adding M performance parts to the build , when I built my M2C a week back it would not allow me to add any M performance parts to the MSRP, I am told they are dealer installed parts
      08-01-2020, 11:21 PM   #12
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

M Performance parts are BS. If they want to raise the price of the car, then just raise it. It turns into a game of "find the car that dealers won't order". Other than the coilovers, they don't add performance, only profit.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 09:42 AM   #13
beMtroubleYou
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C '18

Garage List
2018 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Added the M Performance steering wheel trim and the red stop/start button and ASD bypass harness. I don’t regret any option I bought.
Red start stop is standard on m2c.

ASD bypass? Whats that? 3rd party connector to the headunit?
Why not just code it out and code it when you sell the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 10:47 AM   #14
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by beMtroubleYou View Post

The bypass harness requires no coding and is undetectable by BMW. They can upgrade your software and ASD is still bypassed. Here is the vendor link: https://technicpnp.com/product/asd-bypass-harness/
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 05:50 PM   #15
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Msrp jump

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by beMtroubleYou View Post

The bypass harness requires no coding and is undetectable by BMW. They can upgrade your software and ASD is still bypassed. Here is the vendor link: https://technicpnp.com/product/asd-bypass-harness/

Unfortunately, the bypass harness does cause issues if the dealer has to do a software update or part programming..

The system check me to see if each module on the vehicle order is there and active before it allows the update.

The bypass prevents this, since the module can't be detected.

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1260271

ECU software update /w Aftermarket Amp & ASD Bypass? https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1598607
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 06:31 PM   #16
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Unfortunately, the bypass harness does cause issues if the dealer has to do a software update or part programming..

The system check me to see if each module on the vehicle order is there and active before it allows the update.

ECU software update /w Aftermarket Amp & ASD Bypass? https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1598607
Your example was with an aftermarket AMP. The technician couldn’t get an appropriate signal from the amp. The ASD bypass harness does nothing to the stock amp.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2529.50
      08-02-2020, 06:50 PM   #17
Mavallone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328Xi, Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyion View Post
Quote:
Yeah it made my search for my car a lot more annoying than it should have been. It was annoying seeing the exact car i want for 69k with no obvious reason why, when the HS car the dealership over with DCT and Exec package was going for 59k.

I ended up buying a car that was out of state and having the dealership ship it out to me. Managed to get BSM, MT, Exec Package for 60k OTD
Just curious.. with tax or without? OTD to me is with, but if thats so, great deal!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 06:52 PM   #18
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Quote:

Your example was with an aftermarket AMP. The technician couldn't get an appropriate signal from the amp. The ASD bypass harness does nothing to the stock amp.
It causes an error within the ISTA control tree, how do think it eliminates the ASD sound, bypassing the physical connections.

Look, it's just some friendly advice that I would like someone to share with me, had I used a bypass but whatever works for you guys..
Appreciate 2
///AVM2529.50
Davil6523.00
      08-02-2020, 07:05 PM   #19
mikewills
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ducati Hypermotard

Garage List
2008 Duc 848  [0.00]
For those looking.....if you happen to find an allocation with a bunch of carbon fiber added, you can reconfigure the vehicle as long as it hasn’t begun production. I did this several weeks ago for a week #32 car. I added a sunroof and removed close to $6k work of CF.
BMWCCA #454364
Appreciate 1
ADDONE230.00
      08-03-2020, 12:30 AM   #20
Fabb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C SO

Quote:
They are ordering a lot of M Performance parts that are port installed. My M2 had $18,000 of port installed options. When they are port installed the parts are added to the sticker price of the car. The good thing is if you lease or finance the car, they are included.
What do you mean by included?
      08-03-2020, 01:23 AM   #21
maxrev30
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabb View Post
Quote:
What do you mean by included?
meaning instead of paying say 5,000 out of pocket for the mpe exhaust you can add that 5,000 into your financing and pay for it in the monthly payments for the car itself. so the parts are included in the price
Appreciate 1
DRLane3988.50
      08-03-2020, 08:20 AM   #22
omasou
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Your example was with an aftermarket AMP. The technician couldn't get an appropriate signal from the amp. The ASD bypass harness does nothing to the stock amp.
It causes an error within the ISTA control tree, how do think it eliminates the ASD sound, bypassing the physical connections.

Look, it's just some friendly advice that I would like someone to share with me, had I used a bypass but whatever works for you guys..
I've seen posts that it doesn't cause issues with updates?

I believe the software can see the amp/module it only the output that is rerouted to nowhere.
Appreciate 0