BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > End of an Era - The Final Few EDs Comprehensive Compilation

05-17-2020, 11:17 PM   #45
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN' View Post
Article is dated May 29, 2017?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 11:21 PM   #46
FLYIN'
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp, M550i, X545e

Ha - thought you would not notice that. Sounded like too much of a coincidence though. BMW NA keeps telling me the production is scheduled but no VIN numbers are getting issued. Looks like it's just a guessing game at when anyone can get a car. ED or stateside.
'21 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 11:24 PM   #47
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Ha - thought you would not notice that. Sounded like too much of a coincidence though. BMW NA keeps telling me the production is scheduled but no VIN numbers are getting issued. Looks like it's just a guessing game at when anyone can get a car. ED or stateside.
Really? A BMW guy not noticing something like a date on an article?
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2020, 11:29 PM   #48
FLYIN'
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp, M550i, X545e

Reuters has posted a news article that said "Other plants in Leipzig, Regensburg, and Rosslyn South Africa will open after May 18, starting with a one-shift system the carmaker said".
That was posted almost a month ago so anyone got any better update? One shift versus 2? How many M2's do they put out?
'21 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 11:40 PM   #49
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

I have ED request in and waiting on a 2021 M2C allocation. For now going with Hock Silver. Black wheels manual. And that’s it.

My requested dates are 9/11-9/18

For those that are interested in a group outing my itinerary is headed south for Monza and hopefully Imola then back north for the N24 (hopefully I’m driving) after that Scuderia S7 sectional training and then private track day at Spa and Zandvoort.
I can arrange insurance and even track rentals depending on needs.

Before all that can happen need to know if the car can actually get built and I can get into Germany. Lots of hope! Good luck to you all!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 11:51 PM   #50
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
I have ED request in and waiting on a 2021 M2C allocation. For now going with Hock Silver. Black wheels manual. And that’s it.

My requested dates are 9/11-9/18

For those that are interested in a group outing my itinerary is headed south for Monza and hopefully Imola then back north for the N24 (hopefully I’m driving) after that Scuderia S7 sectional training and then private track day at Spa and Zandvoort.
I can arrange insurance and even track rentals depending on needs.

Before all that can happen need to know if the car can actually get built and I can get into Germany. Lots of hope! Good luck to you all!
Added your build to the top post...don't know your stitching...I'll keep you posted if I can't get my dates...I'd be down for a group delivery.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 11:55 PM   #51
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82PRETEND View Post
Added your build to the top post...don't know your stitching...I'll keep you posted if I can't get my dates...I'd be down for a group delivery.
Oh blue I guess. Really hoping they throw in a new color for the last year.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 12:09 AM   #52
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
Quote:
Oh blue I guess. Really hoping they throw in a new color for the last year.
Me too! Either the CS Misano or better would be San Marino. Le Mans or interlagos would be cool too. Or one of the deep purples. A green would be a real Hail Mary.

Last edited by Fugly M3; 05-18-2020 at 08:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 01:17 AM   #53
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Me too! Either the CS Misano or better would be Dan Marino. Le Mans or interlagos would be cool too. Or one of the deep purples. A green would be a real Hail Mary.
yeah the CS Misano Blue. Laguna Seca would be sweet. Imola Red. hope BMW just says F@ck it and open up bmw individual. lol. we can dream right.

green would be nice. kinda partial.

05-18-2020, 06:30 AM   #54
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
🤔 posting an article that was dated 3 years ago to try and make the claim that this is what is happening today? Stop spreading rumors or at least caveat it with a note that this is a theory based on what occurred 3 years ago...

Regardless, that was a big mistake and I'm sure BMW and Bosch have learned and put in adequate controls to prevent this from occurring. Classic case of upgrading both parties business continuity plans.
      05-18-2020, 12:21 PM   #55
marshall834
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Comp

FYI -

My dealer reached out to the ED Team and then found out they are "no longer accepting fax" and dealers must email the pre-registration.

Apparently the fax is still on all of their internal systems but the folks that make the ED happen won't get it...seems a little backwards.
E46 323ci
B6 Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 12:26 PM   #56
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall834 View Post
FYI -

My dealer reached out to the ED Team and then found out they are "no longer accepting fax" and dealers must email the pre-registration.

Apparently the fax is still on all of their internal systems but the folks that make the ED happen won't get it...seems a little backwards.
This is becoming like a Hunger Games-Pan's Labyrinth from hell...if they make it through, we'll give them a car, but if not...muhahahah!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 01:30 PM   #57
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Just heard from dealer who said BMW (the Germans, not NA) has my reservation, but will not let me confirm a date without the allocation...this seems to be in line with the past and normal operating procedures...a little tough for me to plan the rest of my trip with this hanging out there though.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 02:05 PM   #58
mercury26
Lord of the Rings
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 Audi SQ5,05 BMW 330i ZHP

Garage List
Quote:
This is becoming like a Hunger Games-Pan's Labyrinth from hell...if they make it through, we'll give them a car, but if not...muhahahah!
So true! So sad, but so true.....
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 03:30 PM   #59
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Just heard from dealer who said BMW (the Germans, not NA) has my reservation, but will not let me confirm a date without the allocation...this seems to be in line with the past and normal operating procedures...a little tough for me to plan the rest of my trip with this hanging out there though.
Makes sense since no one has any allocations for '21 yet. And allocations for '20 have been halted.
      05-18-2020, 04:54 PM   #60
3geekfamily
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 Mini Hardtop JCW

Quote:
Updated top post with builds we have so far!
Absolute legend. Thanks for compiling all of this, and even more so for posting pics of the individual builds. Really awesome!

Spoke with my dealer today. He said that information is trickling out - hoping to hear more over the course of the next week. He also reminded me that BMW USA HQ is up in NJ, which was hit fairly hard, so they still aren't back up to full operations yet.

Fingers crossed! The waiting game is definitely the worst part!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 05:11 PM   #61
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Surprised how many members on here ordered their car with moonroof. Being on this forum, sometimes you think getting moonroof is sacrilege!

I for one I'm still debating whether I should have it remain or take out of my build. I do love the clean lines of the slick top. I change my opinion daily!
      05-18-2020, 05:17 PM   #62
mercury26
Lord of the Rings
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 Audi SQ5,05 BMW 330i ZHP

Garage List
Slicktop all the way.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 06:04 PM   #63
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3geekfamily View Post
Absolute legend. Thanks for compiling all of this, and even more so for posting pics of the individual builds. Really awesome!

Spoke with my dealer today. He said that information is trickling out - hoping to hear more over the course of the next week. He also reminded me that BMW USA HQ is up in NJ, which was hit fairly hard, so they still aren't back up to full operations yet.

Absolutely! It definitely is...especially not having the allocations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Surprised how many members on here ordered their car with moonroof. Being on this forum, sometimes you think getting moonroof is sacrilege!

I for one I'm still debating whether I should have it remain or take out of my build. I do love the clean lines of the slick top. I change my opinion daily!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury26 View Post
Slicktop all the way.
I am very close to switching out the moonroof for the driver's pack. The prospect of the moonroof is great when you're planning a decent bit of time in the Riviera and Southern France as I am, but once home I'm not sure I'll miss it. I think as far as long term value of the car goes, the moonroof may be a plus, but I can't see myself holding the car for 30 or 40 years.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 06:41 PM   #64
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3geekfamily View Post

Absolutely! It definitely is...especially not having the allocations!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury26 View Post
Slicktop all the way.
I am very close to switching out the moonroof for the driver's pack. The prospect of the moonroof is great when you're planning a decent bit of time in the Riviera and Southern France as I am, but once home I'm not sure I'll miss it. I think as far as long term value of the car goes, the moonroof may be a plus, but I can't see myself holding the car for 30 or 40 years.
@F82PRETEND interesting you're saying long term value of cars with moonroof will go up. Isn't it usually the slick tops that are more desirable? Just using the e46 as reference, the non-moonroof version seem to go for a premium.

And I hear so often on this forum that the M2C is such a great track car (which it isn't...), assume people would not want the weight of moonroof (which it doesn't matter...). I have posted this previously, but from a purely aesthetic point of view, you can argue the slick top might be more clean.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the value of moonroof and long term value.
      05-18-2020, 06:57 PM   #65
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
@F82PRETEND interesting you're saying long term value of cars with moonroof will go up. Isn't it usually the slick tops that are more desirable? Just using the e46 as reference, the non-moonroof version seem to go for a premium.

And I hear so often on this forum that the M2C is such a great track car (which it isn't...), assume people would not want the weight of moonroof (which it doesn't matter...). I have posted this previously, but from a purely aesthetic point of view, you can argue the slick top might be more clean.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the value of moonroof and long term value.
I think it depends on the age of the car. I'd say the M2/M2C is a great sports car that happens to be decent and fun on the track. In general, it's too portly to really be a track car without serious weight reduction. When I say long term, I'm thinking way, way long term...40-50 years, a la 60s-70s 2002s, 911s, etc., where the sunroof is usually an added plus. That could be different as we go forward, for sure, but I generally think once a car reaches that age level, the sunroof is a plus for value, especially considering it will be more rare than the slick top.
Appreciate 1
JCZ51482.50
      05-18-2020, 09:36 PM   #66
marshall834
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Comp

Quote:

I love me some early spring or late fall driving with the moonroof open, about 40-50 degrees at night with the seat warmer on and just enjoying the fresh and crisp outdoor air while not being blown away by having the windows down!
Appreciate 0