BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Pricing for M2 Comp

12-12-2018, 08:53 AM   #485
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 comp, X5 M50i ordered

Well, after countless hours of deliberating colour, placed an order for a m2 comp tonight!

- sunset orange
- black wheel option
- manual

Am super excited. Will be my first full-fat M car (coming from a m135i) and as great as the auto is in that, I can't wait to get back into a manual again.
Appreciate 2
Aust350z243.00
specka71.00
      12-12-2018, 04:31 PM   #486
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow29 View Post
Well, after countless hours of deliberating colour, placed an order for a m2 comp tonight!

- sunset orange
- black wheel option
- manual

Am super excited. Will be my first full-fat M car (coming from a m135i) and as great as the auto is in that, I can't wait to get back into a manual again.
Congrats!

I was going to say if you didn't want to wait there is a manual sunset orange M2 comp at Worthington BMW in stock.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 05:36 PM   #487
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks mate

Oh that's interesting how didn't realise that, so hard to find manuals in stock. I'm happy with the price I got though so don't mind the wait.

I say that now but will be refreshing the ship tracking site obsessively once it's built!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 11:59 PM   #488
miamidave
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

If anyone is interested I figured I'd put out feelers here first.

I'm selling my M2C (compliance Oct 2018) as I've got a job offer overseas next year.

Located in Melbourne.

5 YEAR MAINTENANCE package included.

-HS - DCT
-Orange stitching
-Shadow wheels
-Heated Seats, Steering wheel
-Wireless Charging
-Carplay for 3 years
-Blue (regular) brakes
-Perfect condition, 5024km (more as I'm driving it daily)
-Garage kept
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 03:23 PM   #489
bwhouse
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM M2C

Quote:
Thanks mate

Oh that's interesting how didn't realise that, so hard to find manuals in stock. I'm happy with the price I got though so don't mind the wait.

I say that now but will be refreshing the ship tracking site obsessively once it's built!
Quote:
Thanks mate

What price did you get? I'm curious now that they have been released what deals they are doing
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 06:33 PM   #490
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhouse View Post
Quote:
Thanks mate

Quote:
Thanks mate

What price did you get? I'm curious now that they have been released what deals they are doing
Approx 10% discount
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 06:47 PM   #491
bwhouse
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks mate

Quote:
Thanks mate

Approx 10% discount
That doesn't really mean much. Need to know the actual amount to do any form of comparison, assuming no trade in was made.

Dealer delivery, free servicing packages etc mean the dealer claim a 10% discount but in reality it the rack rate or close to it.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 07:12 PM   #492
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Well no, it's actually quite easy to work out RRP of a car on road/drive away. The reason I gave a percentage is because that amount will vary depending on which state you live in with the varied stamp duty etc.

But it would be somewhere in the 106-108k range depending on where one lives.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 11:38 PM   #493
bwhouse
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Well no, it's actually quite easy to work out RRP of a car on road/drive away. The reason I gave a percentage is because that amount will vary depending on which state you live in with the varied stamp duty etc.

My point is rrp on the website is not really the rrp for the above mentioned reasons. Ie. If you work for any large organisation you get the corporate program which gives you several thousand off without even asking.

106-108k depending on what options you got is a good price, but not really 10%. For context, without options, I paid -$113k with 5 years servicing for mine which was pre-ordered so effectively rrp. Hence I was curious if they were doing any deep discounts yet.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2018, 03:20 AM   #494
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

My point is rrp on the website is not really the rrp for the above mentioned reasons. Ie. If you work for any large organisation you get the corporate program which gives you several thousand off without even asking.

106-108k depending on what options you got is a good price, but not really 10%. For context, without options, I paid -$113k with 5 years servicing for mine which was pre-ordered so effectively rrp. Hence I was curious if they were doing any deep discounts yet.
I'm well aware that the RRP on the website is not what people actually pay, but that's not the point. It's an easily obtained figure and therefore an objective way to quantify discounts; I did get 10% off the drive-away RRP for the car in my state with the options I have (which will obviously vary based on stamp duty), plus 5yr free servicing. Nothing misleading about it, just simple math.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that, am happy with the price I got and if anybody wants further info, feel free to PM me
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2018, 05:44 AM   #495
bwhouse
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm well aware that the RRP on the website is not what people actually pay, but that's not the point. It's an easily obtained figure and therefore an objective way to quantify discounts; I did get 10% off the drive-away RRP for the car in my state with the options I have (which will obviously vary based on stamp duty), plus 5yr free servicing. Nothing misleading about it, just simple math.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that, am happy with the price I got and if anybody wants further info, feel free to PM me
All good, wasn't trying to say you were misleading.

Enjoy the new ride
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2018, 06:51 AM   #496
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah all good, sorry I just re-read my reply and it came out a bit more curt than I intended. Replied at a bad time and probably took it a bit too personally -my bad. End of the day I know we're all here to help each other get the best prices and enjoy our cars!

Thanks, can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2018, 08:51 AM   #497
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So anybody else placed an order recently? Looks like my build will either be late Feb or early March..will be the longest I've waited for a car! Have had builds with previous bm's but generally no delay in securing a build week so just the time from build to delivery.

I've already watched all of the reviews and read most of the technical documents..going to be a long 5+ months haha...
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2018, 07:23 PM   #498
ttimbo
Major
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25i AW; F20 M135i AW

My recollection is that the BMW factories have an extended shutdown at this time of year, and that the third week of January is the first week of production for 2019. That was the case in 2016, anyway, and you needed to have placed an order by early November to have a car made in Jan 2019
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2018, 10:48 PM   #499
Piets94
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 94 M3, AW 1M, M2 CS

Quote:
So anybody else placed an order recently? Looks like my build will either be late Feb or early March..will be the longest I've waited for a car! Have had builds with previous bm's but generally no delay in securing a build week so just the time from build to delivery.

I've already watched all of the reviews and read most of the technical documents..going to be a long 5+ months haha...
I got a deal done for an optioned HS late Oct, but wanted a '19 build. The dealer placed the order for me in Dec, with a build week apparently of 3 Jan 2019. Expecting a delivery of late March. Build week might depend on your dealer allocation. I'm hoping the Germans don't celebrate NYE too hard for my early Jan build!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2018, 11:46 PM   #500
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piets94 View Post
Quote:

I got a deal done for an optioned HS late Oct, but wanted a '19 build. The dealer placed the order for me in Dec, with a build week apparently of 3 Jan 2019. Expecting a delivery of late March. Build week might depend on your dealer allocation. I'm hoping the Germans don't celebrate NYE too hard for my early Jan build!
Oh nice that's not too long (relatively). Yeah both of my local dealers said March build for a manual, did speak to a couple of dealers interstate and they both said late Feb / early March was the earliest available as well. Not sure if me ordering a manual makes a difference, prob just all comes down to dealer allocation like you said.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 05:29 AM   #501
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Have been informed I've had a mid Feb build slot secured, so hoping for a late April delivery now! Can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 08:59 PM   #502
Piets94
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 94 M3, AW 1M, M2 CS

Quote:
Have been informed I've had a mid Feb build slot secured, so hoping for a late April delivery now! Can't wait.
That's good news! Unfortunately, mine has been delayed to March build now, I think because of a shortage of the M Sport brakes I've optioned. So probably May/June delivery for me. Though I've still got the 1m to keep me smiling
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 05:17 AM   #503
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piets94 View Post
Quote:
That's good news! Unfortunately, mine has been delayed to March build now, I think because of a shortage of the M Sport brakes I've optioned. So probably May/June delivery for me. Though I've still got the 1m to keep me smiling
Ahh yeah I didn't option the brakes. Hopefully yours gets built sooner rather than later. But yes, not a bad car to have whilst waiting!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 03:01 AM   #504
APH
Australia
Rep
Drives: HS M2C 6MT

Garage List
Another one joining the M2C club!

Ordered a 6 speed manual pure in HS this afternoon. Delivery timeframe to be confirmed but been told to expect it to be around May.

It's replacing a Mustang GT that I waited 15 months for, so unfortunately have form in waiting for cars!

It's going to be a long 4 months! Still, at least it gives me time to sell the mustang.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 03:39 AM   #505
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by APH View Post
Another one joining the M2C club!

Ordered a 6 speed manual pure in HS this afternoon. Delivery timeframe to be confirmed but been told to expect it to be around May.

It's replacing a Mustang GT that I waited 15 months for, so unfortunately have form in waiting for cars!

It's going to be a long 4 months! Still, at least it gives me time to sell the mustang.
Congrats mate! Thats not too bad if it's delivered in May, especially for a manual. I could have had mine quicker if went DCT but had heart set on the 6MT.

Can't wait for tomorrow so that I can say mine is being built "this month." Hahaha
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 06:36 AM   #506
APH
Australia
Rep
Drives: HS M2C 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Congrats mate! Thats not too bad if it's delivered in May, especially for a manual. I could have had mine quicker if went DCT but had heart set on the 6MT.

Can't wait for tomorrow so that I can say mine is being built "this month." Hahaha
Thanks!

Same here with wanting a manual. I test drove a DCT, and while it felt impressive, I just love manuals.
Appreciate 0