BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > LED turn signals strips causing hyperflash

01-04-2020, 12:29 PM   #1
M FUELED
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

LED turn signals strips causing hyperflash

I purchased the hex halo rings and switchback eyebrow from bavgruppe, along with demon eyes. They sent me all the harnesses required. I’m having a local shop do the install for me. They’ve successfully installed the halos and eyebrows. The shop also went ahead and deleted my stock Amber halogen bulb, built a small “wall” there to place two LED strips as a turn signal. These LED strips are also switchback so they match the switchback eyebrow. The only problem is that the LED strips hyper blink. He’s using resistors but that’s not solving anything. Any thoughts on this?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 05:31 AM   #2
Rick4345
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 WRX World Rally Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M FUELED View Post
I purchased the hex halo rings and switchback eyebrow from bavgruppe, along with demon eyes. They sent me all the harnesses required. I’m having a local shop do the install for me. They’ve successfully installed the halos and eyebrows. The shop also went ahead and deleted my stock Amber halogen bulb, built a small “wall” there to place two LED strips as a turn signal. These LED strips are also switchback so they match the switchback eyebrow. The only problem is that the LED strips hyper blink. He’s using resistors but that’s not solving anything. Any thoughts on this?
Have you coded your turn signals to LED using ESys? I don't know if you can do that with Bimmercode or not.
      01-24-2020, 11:02 PM   #3
M FUELED
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

The guy doing the install actually got them fixed, not sure exactly what he did but hyper flashing is no longer an issue. Thanks
Appreciate 0