BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > do88 cooling products...any reviews?

06-15-2019, 11:52 AM   #1
HardanM2qa
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

do88 cooling products...any reviews?

While searching for cooling products (mainly IC) on this forum, I found number of reviews on (csf, er, vrsf, wagner…) but couldn't find anything about do88.

I found this chart on their website comparing it to wagner:

https://www.do88.se/en/artiklar/bmw-...tercooler.html

The quality seems good but not sure about the prices/performance comparing to other competitors.

Curious to know if anyone have any reviews on this?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 11:55 AM   #2
HardanM2qa
Rep

other products available at their website:

https://www.do88.se/en/artiklar/hose...f87/index.html
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 12:38 PM   #3
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

I’ve got their larger aux radiator. I doubt it does a whole lot, but I already had the CSF oil, radiator, and DCT coolers, so added the do88.

My shop said the fit & finish quality was very good.
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2019, 11:35 AM   #4
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardanM2qa View Post
While searching for cooling products (mainly IC) on this forum, I found number of reviews on (csf, er, vrsf, wagner…) but couldn't find anything about do88.

The quality seems good but not sure about the prices/performance comparing to other competitors.

Build quality has been excellent.

I have replaced all the coolers on my track E92 M3 with do88 coolers. When I started tracking I quickly started overheating the DCT with the car still stock & on street tires. I went ahead and replaced all the coolers at that time figuring it would be needed anyways in the Texas heat. The DCT has performed flawless since even though I am pushing much faster & on much stickier tires now so the do88 cooler has definitely done the job there.

I cannot directly compare before & after on the rest of the coolers since I didn't have engine temp issues before replacing the coolers. I can say that I have been happy with the temps of the car as it has progressed to its current state. This platform can have issues with heat when pushed pretty hard but until now the temps have been in check. We've gotten to the point now where we have outrun the stock cooling setup even with the better drop in coolers. Going to have to start getting a little creative now to keep temps where we want them for extended runs.

F87 specific - I'm having the do88 engine oil cooler, radiator, remote radiator, and intercooler installed this week. Also went ahead and got their pressure pipe & turbo outlet hose. This will be in addition to a bootmod3 tune and fabspeed downpipe. I'm then going to go out to COTA Saturday and Sunday and flog the crap out of the car. Will give my impressions after this weekend.
Appreciate 2
      06-16-2019, 12:06 PM   #5
HardanM2qa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Quote:

Build quality has been excellent.

I have replaced all the coolers on my track E92 M3 with do88 coolers. When I started tracking I quickly started overheating the DCT with the car still stock & on street tires. I went ahead and replaced all the coolers at that time figuring it would be needed anyways in the Texas heat. The DCT has performed flawless since even though I am pushing much faster & on much stickier tires now so the do88 cooler has definitely done the job there.

I cannot directly compare before & after on the rest of the coolers since I didn't have engine temp issues before replacing the coolers. I can say that I have been happy with the temps of the car as it has progressed to its current state. This platform can have issues with heat when pushed pretty hard but until now the temps have been in check. We've gotten to the point now where we have outrun the stock cooling setup even with the better drop in coolers. Going to have to start getting a little creative now to keep temps where we want them for extended runs.

F87 specific - I'm having the do88 engine oil cooler, radiator, remote radiator, and intercooler installed this week. Also went ahead and got their pressure pipe & turbo outlet hose. This will be in addition to a bootmod3 tune and fabspeed downpipe. I'm then going to go out to COTA Saturday and Sunday and flog the crap out of the car. Will give my impressions after this weekend.
This is helpful and great to hear...excited to hear your feedback about how it performs as I'm planning on getting their full pack too. 👍🏻👍🏻
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 12:19 PM   #6
M2C AW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C Alpine White

Don’t mean to highjack the thread but....I’ll be going to COTA this coming weekend also. This could be an interesting comparison. I’ll be there with all Oe coolers, except for an Evo 2 intercooler. This will also be my first HPDE weekend with an AEM water meth system installed. I’m hoping it will contribute to keeping engine oil and coolant temps in check, in addition to IATs. I haven’t had any operating temp issues so far to date, but this weekend should be a real test (been tracking the car since last October). The fact that I’m driving 8-9 10ths with this car helps as well. I hope the WMI supports the use PTF Stg 3 93, but I’ll reflash if there is are any issues. Try to run some logs and we’ll compare...second session each afternoon..should be the ultimate test...or maybe happy hour.

Last edited by M2C AW; 06-16-2019 at 12:43 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2019, 12:28 PM   #7
digimattic
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 6MT LBB M2

Quote:
This is helpful and great to hear...excited to hear your feedback about how it performs as I'm planning on getting their full pack too. 👍🏻👍🏻
I'd be very curious to see some comparisons of the IC as against some of the other brands. I will likely upgrade my intercooler and put a tune on the car next summer and would be happy to have another quality option to consider.
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2019, 02:13 PM   #8
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Will let you know how it does - ought to be a good test this weekend. Just saying mid to upper 90's for now but the humidity looks like it could be up there a bit. I might give up to the heat before the car does

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2MGM View Post
Don’t mean to highjack the thread but....I’ll be going to COTA this coming weekend also. This could be an interesting comparison. I’ll be there with all Oe coolers, except for an Evo 2 intercooler. This will also be my first HPDE weekend with an AEM water meth system installed. I’m hoping it will contribute to keeping engine oil and coolant temps in check, in addition to IATs. I haven’t had any operating temp issues so far to date, but this weekend should be a real test (been tracking the car since last October). The fact that I’m driving 8-9 10ths with this car helps as well. I hope the WMI supports the use PTF Stg 3 93, but I’ll reflash if there is are any issues. Try to run some logs and we’ll compare...second session each afternoon..should be the ultimate test...or maybe happy hour.
Sounds like a plan. When you log on the track do you just secure your laptop - or do you use one of the wifi devices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by digimattic View Post
I'd be very curious to see some comparisons of the IC as against some of the other brands. I will likely upgrade my intercooler and put a tune on the car next summer and would be happy to have another quality option to consider.
Will definitely give my impressions & will try to get some usable data posted. Might not be a good apples to apples comparison but should have some good data on how the two different setups handle the heat - going to be pretty toasty out there.
Appreciate 2
      06-28-2019, 02:32 PM   #9
OG Shark
Rep

Link to the post with the data log on it:

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=38

I was battling the heat all weekend. Half way through my warm up laps my IATs would already be above 130 and then would bounce between there and 160 consistently every lap. Even pulling power it was still pretty quick out there though, ton of grip. Looking into WMI and something else...
Appreciate 2
      06-30-2019, 03:59 AM   #10
HardanM2qa
Rep

do88 IC, CP and Turbo pipe...great quality.

Can't judge the performance without a dyno but definitely can feel the improvement on the street.

It might be only me but the exhaust sound increased slightly too.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      07-01-2019, 09:41 AM   #11
M2C AW
First Lieutenant
Rep

Any USA based vendors for do88 product line ?
Otherwise, anyone have good experience with a specific vendor they could recommend ?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 09:48 AM   #12
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Otherwise, anyone have good experience with a specific vendor they could recommend ?
www.eEuroparts.com

Search and you can probably find a coupon, as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 10:20 AM   #13
M2C AW
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
www.eEuroparts.com

Search and you can probably find a coupon, as well.
Thanks..but called and was informed they no longer carry do88 products.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 10:28 AM   #14
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks..but called and was informed they no longer carry do88 products.
Guess that’s pretty recent. Got my aux radiator from them a cpl months back.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 10:38 AM   #15
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
I deal straight with them through their site.

https://www.do88.se/shop/?funk=inst_...unk2=startsida

I ordered both of my full setups from them directly & have received both orders in great shape and faster then half the stuff I order stateside.

*Edited to add depending on what all you plan to purchase you might check to see if they do a Big Pack like they have on the E9x M3 side. They bundle the Big Pack with everything and lowers the price a bit. I didn't think to ask about it when I purchased everything for my M2 so not sure if they do it or not.

Last edited by OG Shark; 07-01-2019 at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 11:26 AM   #16
cecaa850
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

https://www.do88.se/dokument/bibliot...re_diagram.jpg

Look at the difference between this and the Wagner Comp.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 11:40 AM   #17
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecaa850 View Post
https://www.do88.se/dokument/bibliot...re_diagram.jpg

Look at the difference between this and the Wagner Comp.
Something to remember is when a bar & plate IC gets hot (like OG Shark at COTA), it won't shed heat very quickly b/n WOT pulls like the Wagner Evo 2 Comp fin & tube will.

Would that have helped OG Shark at COTA, no idea. I think it's too situational dependent to say which IC style is better. Depending on ambient temps and driving style, one will outperform the other at different times. Plus, when you're max'ing them out on track, they're both going to get very toasty.

I can say it is pretty amazing to see how quickly the Wagner Evo 2 Comp sheds heat after WOT pulls vs the Dinan bar/plate IC that I had previously.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 11:50 AM   #18
cecaa850
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Something to remember is when a bar & plate IC gets hot (like OG Shark at COTA), it won't shed heat very quickly b/n WOT pulls like the Wagner Evo 2 Comp fin & tube will.

Would that have helped OG Shark at COTA, no idea. I think it's too situational dependent to say which IC style is better. Depending on ambient temps and driving style, one will outperform the other at different times. Plus, when you're max'ing them out on track, they're both going to get very toasty.

I can say it is pretty amazing to see how quickly the Wagner Evo 2 Comp sheds heat after WOT pulls vs the Dinan bar/plate IC that I had previously.
Good point.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 12:55 PM   #19
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:

Yeah I'm not sure how much either style would have made a difference at that point on the track. I have a feeling that either would have a pretty tough time keeping up when pushing a bit in those temps and humidity. Not sure how much IAT drop to expect & how quickly but I was seeing a consistent 30 degree fluctuation each lap of 130 to 160.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 01:18 PM   #20
M2C AW
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

To say nothing about the weight difference between the two styles.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 01:32 PM   #21
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
To say nothing about the weight difference between the two styles.
Sure, the Wagner is 7-10lbs lighter based on some of the numbers I’ve seen floating around.

Considering IATs are the major weakness on our car (for those of us that aren’t WMI, yet ) temp performance is probably a more impt factor. If they perform about the same, less lbs is a little bonus.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 11:29 AM   #22
widetyres
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 DCT, 2012

Quote:
do88 IC, CP and Turbo pipe...great quality.

Can't judge the performance without a dyno but definitely can feel the improvement on the street.

It might be only me but the exhaust sound increased slightly too.
Thanks for posting your views - I am tempted by the do88 stuff and have had some exchanges with them - they are super helpful and know a lot of detail about their products.

Are you running stock, or tuned? If stock, do you find any noticeable lag from this IC? Do88 reckoned that there shouldn't be any lag introduced, due the flow characteristics, but I am a little concerned about the large volume increase (123%) compared to stock (e.g. more volume to pressurise, hence potentially more lag). Please can you share your experience?

Cheers.
Appreciate 0