BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > *** M2 Competition (S55) support now available with bootmod3 ***

01-14-2019, 06:39 PM   #111
808elise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: CB E46 and SG E92 M3s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokki View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808elise View Post
I didn't have a lot of miles on when I did it. But in comparison it is ridicules. If only my e46 turbo had a responsive mid range like this. I love it! I had DPs installed and went STG2 with GTS and burbles. This was directly after break in service. It burns out in third. I enjoy pulling up to mustangs and camaros and doing third gear burn outs and machine gunning them in my tire smoke with my exhaust. 😁 I'm doing intakes, charcoal delete, and hot/cold charge pipes tomorrow. After that doing custom unresonated mid pipe fashioned after aa pipe with a dump valve. That will give me an additional mode I will dub as "race mode". Next up is turbo upgrade and we will see how clutch holds up.
Are you 6MT or DCT? That sounds like a lot of fun.
Dct.
Appreciate 1
tokki203.50
      01-16-2019, 04:23 PM   #112
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaVargas View Post
I'm having the same problem with my car. However I'm not being able to flash it back to stock. I'm in contact with support but no solution so far.
Quick update as some have brought this to our attention, flash back to stock M2C DCT TCU has been fixed
Appreciate 1
FSociety3810.00
      01-18-2019, 08:10 PM   #113
DarkOdeus
Rep
Drives: On Order LBB 6MT

So just to be clear, no one is having issues running stage 2 with a DP on the stock clutch on the 6mt?

That and overheating are my two concerns as where I live I track my toys in 100+ weather a few times a year.

Is there any reason to wait to do this or is right after break in fine?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 10:18 PM   #114
808elise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOdeus View Post
So just to be clear, no one is having issues running stage 2 with a DP on the stock clutch on the 6mt?

That and overheating are my two concerns as where I live I track my toys in 100+ weather a few times a year.

Is there any reason to wait to do this or is right after break in fine?
So just to be clear, mine just got intakes and charges pipes too. After midpipe I am positive it will be more than 100hp difference. Doing dyno after midpipe to see where I am, exactly, before VTT turbos and maxpsi crankhub in May.

Everyone I have talked to abt clutch says 650-700whp on stock clutch. M2C is not going to have issues on STG2. No way. Temps have been steady and even turbo upgrade retailers are telling me not needed at 650whp.

Yes u need wait till after break in cause u not suppose to be beating it right now. Just get everything on order:

VRSF DPs, hot/cold charge pipes, and intakes (also consider midpipe). Yes put all that and BM3 on right after break in and enjoy. Not sure turbo upgrade is necessary but I have a screw loose and a 1200whp e46 m3 if that tells u anything and this m2c is a blast in the midrange. Top range could use some love the new turbo will help.

Don't be skurd.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 05:34 PM   #115
HOT M
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

So I just flashed my car to CS+, first ever and immediately received ‘CC msg Fuel System: Contin. Driving possible.’ Before even running the car. How to remove it and what does it mean?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 07:47 PM   #116
Kuervers
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C HS,6sp 16 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOT M View Post
So I just flashed my car to CS+, first ever and immediately received ‘CC msg Fuel System: Contin. Driving possible.’ Before even running the car. How to remove it and what does it mean?
Do an online recode think they might have a fix to stop it from coming up every flash
Appreciate 1
HOT M80.50
      01-20-2019, 01:54 PM   #117
DarkOdeus
Rep
Drives: On Order LBB 6MT

Quote:
So just to be clear, mine just got intakes and charges pipes too. After midpipe I am positive it will be more than 100hp difference. Doing dyno after midpipe to see where I am, exactly, before VTT turbos and maxpsi crankhub in May.

Everyone I have talked to abt clutch says 650-700whp on stock clutch. M2C is not going to have issues on STG2. No way. Temps have been steady and even turbo upgrade retailers are telling me not needed at 650whp.

Yes u need wait till after break in cause u not suppose to be beating it right now. Just get everything on order:

VRSF DPs, hot/cold charge pipes, and intakes (also consider midpipe). Yes put all that and BM3 on right after break in and enjoy. Not sure turbo upgrade is necessary but I have a screw loose and a 1200whp e46 m3 if that tells u anything and this m2c is a blast in the midrange. Top range could use some love the new turbo will help.

Don't be skurd.
That's great to hear! I don't have my M2C yet, dealer is offering me a great trade value on my 2013 TTRS but they don't have a M2C in stock nor do they have an allocation yet. Hoping to know more on Monday about how we can get one soon.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 05:15 PM   #118
brad65ford
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3

Quote:
That's great to hear! I don't have my M2C yet, dealer is offering me a great trade value on my 2013 TTRS but they don't have a M2C in stock nor do they have an allocation yet. Hoping to know more on Monday about how we can get one soon.
Interest regarding your trade in, had the rs3 and it was fun. Would have rather had the ttrs.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 08:24 PM   #119
808elise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Don't be skurd.
Well worth the wait!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 01:08 AM   #120
kvnchu
Private
Rep
Drives: z4m

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
same motor
went through several pages but didnt see anything relating to this
Does the bm3 work with non US spec cars? Car is based in Asia. Thanks.
Caterham S3 '01
Porsche 993 '96
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 02:05 AM   #121
Lukeni
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvnchu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
same motor
went through several pages but didnt see anything relating to this
Does the bm3 work with non US spec cars? Car is based in Asia. Thanks.
It does
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 10:27 AM   #122
HOT M
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuervers View Post
Do an online recode think they might have a fix to stop it from coming up every flash
done that all is good, thank you very much.
2019 M2C Sunset Orange/Black (Ohlins/swift coilovers, Ground Control Camber Plates, Dinan Heat exchanger, BM3 ECU tune, CF mirror caps, diffuser and rear spoiler, Vorsteiner V-FF 101 Patina Bronze wheels)
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 07:37 PM   #123
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
I've seen this sometimes right when it's done flashing but I just let the car go to sleep and never needed an online recode.

Quote:
done that all is good, thank you very much.
For anyone else, this can popup but just follow the on-screen instructions and let the car go to sleep for at least 30 seconds when dashboard is full black!

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 06:50 AM   #124
Spare°
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2C

Any news on the possibility to 'GTS flash' the DCT?
Upon my unsuccessful flash (couple of months ago), I was told that the flash doesn't play nice with the M2C display and we should wait for an update.
Has this been released in the meantime or is this unchanged and could still deliver an issue?

Bootmod3 indicates version 2.0, but no date, so not sure which version I flashed back then.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 03:45 PM   #125
HOT M
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spare° View Post
Any news on the possibility to 'GTS flash' the DCT?
Upon my unsuccessful flash (couple of months ago), I was told that the flash doesn't play nice with the M2C display and we should wait for an update.
Has this been released in the meantime or is this unchanged and could still deliver an issue?

Bootmod3 indicates version 2.0, but no date, so not sure which version I flashed back then.

Thanks!
+1
2019 M2C Sunset Orange/Black (Ohlins/swift coilovers, Ground Control Camber Plates, Dinan Heat exchanger, BM3 ECU tune, CF mirror caps, diffuser and rear spoiler, Vorsteiner V-FF 101 Patina Bronze wheels)
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 10:17 PM   #126
808elise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
U guys are funny we discussed this like one page back.

It's working great. Your going to live it.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 04:31 AM   #127
Spare°
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
U guys are funny we discussed this like one page back.

It's working great. Your going to live it.
Sorry, but it takes more than one random post, from one user to reassure me that this issue is no longer applicable.

If like me you've spent two consecutive days on remote access with the guys from Protuning manually recoding your car due to "limp mode", I suspect you would be somewhat hesitant as well.

On top of that, you have a US car, whilst I have a EU car. As we know, these are not identical (OPF). In fact we discussed this like one page back.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 11:07 AM   #128
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spare° View Post
Sorry, but it takes more than one random post, from one user to reassure me that this issue is no longer applicable.

If like me you've spent two consecutive days on remote access with the guys from Protuning manually recoding your car due to "limp mode", I suspect you would be somewhat hesitant as well.

On top of that, you have a US car, whilst I have a EU car. As we know, these are not identical (OPF). In fact we discussed this like one page back.
Hi Spare° ,
Sorry if you've missed it or if we weren't clear but the issues with M2C "TCU" flash back to stock were resolved about 2 weeks ago (see earlier post above). No limp mode and OPF/PPF ones are sorted as well.

Only issue remaining is a visual gear indicator display when in normal mode. Due to the updated M2C dash it won't show but its there in manual shift mode. Its a visual/display issue which is resolved when flashed back to stock TCU software if needed. Otherwise no performance issues of any sort once flashed to GTS TCU programming.

Please feel free to email us at support@protuningfreaks.com at any time for any other questions
Appreciate 2
FSociety3810.00
Spare°257.50
      01-30-2019, 12:23 PM   #129
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Let's say I flashed it back to stock and locked the DME. What happens when dealership or I update software (I-Step)? Do I just unlock and flash it again? I remember reading somewhere that I need to request a new map in that case due to the updated software. What are the steps for this specific use case? proTUNING Freaks
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2019, 12:32 AM   #130
Cycle Pilot
Second Lieutenant
Rep

proTUNING Freaks I'm about to pull the trigger on your tune but was wondering about this article on your site...

BMW F series (N55 / S55 / S63TU) Spark Plugs - What brand and which gap?

Should I replace the stock spark plugs with the NGK 97506 plugs in my S55 if I'm just planning on running a Stage 1 OTS or the OEM CS tune? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 12:53 AM   #131
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Let's say I flashed it back to stock and locked the DME. What happens when dealership or I update software (I-Step)? Do I just unlock and flash it again? I remember reading somewhere that I need to request a new map in that case due to the updated software. What are the steps for this specific use case? proTUNING Freaks
Most likely your car is already on latest iStep and if Dealer or you updates the software BM3 will know. If you encounter any issues you can email support@protuningfreaks.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycle Pilot View Post
proTUNING Freaks I'm about to pull the trigger on your tune but was wondering about this article on your site...

BMW F series (N55 / S55 / S63TU) Spark Plugs - What brand and which gap?

Should I replace the stock spark plugs with the NGK 97506 plugs in my S55 if I'm just planning on running a Stage 1 OTS or the OEM CS tune? Thanks!
U should be fine with stock plugs until you notice a misfire since you will be in STG1 or CS

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 04:49 AM   #132
Spare°
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

I flashed the car back to stock and locked it, as I had to bring in the car yesterday for a DCT issue for which the dealership needed to do a data read-out. They upgraded the car to the latest DCT software version and either didn't notice or didn't mention anything about any tuning/coding.

So, from personal experience, it seems that for a random check/software upgrade you are unlikely to have any issue with the dealership.
Appreciate 2
Karlosm2c290.50
CSBM52697.00