BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > BimmerLink / Bimmer Code and Wi-Fi BT OBD Adapter

03-22-2018, 05:00 AM   #45
terrywang
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: OG F87 M2

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
A stupid question: do you guys buy both BimmerCode and BimmerLink (more for diagnostics)? I don't think they overlap much so if I need to read real-time statistics and check diagnostic messages, I'll need BimmerLink?

They will cost A$42 * 2 -_-z
      03-22-2018, 08:38 PM   #46
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

Hi terrywang,
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrywang View Post
A stupid question: do you guys buy both BimmerCode and BimmerLink (more for diagnostics)? I don't think they overlap much so if I need to read real-time statistics and check diagnostic messages, I'll need BimmerLink?
I have only used Bimmercode: until the recent posts on this thread, and the main Bimmercode thread, I'd not been aware of Bimmerlink.

I find that Bimmercode is useful for (re)programming most of the stuff that I'm interested in setting. I recently had to recode a bunch of settings following an ISTEP update the dealer performed ... and then I coded the comfort access with the seats.

Its a really useful application, particularly as it very easily gets rid of a bunch of nuisance alerts like that stupid legal warning that interferes with everything (except the reverse camera).

I can't speak for Bimmerlink: looks like its useful if you want to monitor settings or play around with alerts (as you've surmised). The good thing is that it seems to use the same VGATE adapter that Bimmercode uses.

Cheers,
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2018, 09:22 PM   #47
m34m
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

Is there one OBD adapter that works with both Bimmercode and Bimmerlink? Don't want to buy two.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 10:18 PM   #48
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Smurf View Post
Hi terrywang,

I have only used Bimmercode: until the recent posts on this thread, and the main Bimmercode thread, I'd not been aware of Bimmerlink.

I find that Bimmercode is useful for (re)programming most of the stuff that I'm interested in setting. I recently had to recode a bunch of settings following an ISTEP update the dealer performed ... and then I coded the comfort access with the seats.

Its a really useful application, particularly as it very easily gets rid of a bunch of nuisance alerts like that stupid legal warning that interferes with everything (except the reverse camera).

I can't speak for Bimmerlink: looks like its useful if you want to monitor settings or play around with alerts (as you've surmised). The good thing is that it seems to use the same VGATE adapter that Bimmercode uses.

Cheers,
What is the seat comfort access under? cant seem to find it

Quote:
Originally Posted by m34m View Post
Is there one OBD adapter that works with both Bimmercode and Bimmerlink? Don't want to buy two.
my wifi module work with both bimmerlink and bimmercode

use the link to get rid of errors caused during DIY (most recently, the airbag error caus I forgot to disconnect the battery) and to open/close the exhaust valve for some amusement.
      04-03-2018, 10:33 PM   #49
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Hi Who?,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who? View Post
What is the seat comfort access under? cant seem to find it
Comfort Access (aka seat coding) is discussed in the general Bimmercode thread, however there is a dedicated thread which is what I used when configuring it. I used the settings listed, but I seem to recall that there was another thread/post about how you could further customise the movement (to further control the amount of movement).

That said, you need to have Bimmercode in Expert Mode, which I recall means you need to pay for it. I paid for it anyway as I thought that it was a pretty good app and decided to support the developer who was super responsive when I asked questions

Oh, and you need to have electric seats - so unless you purchased the M2 Pure, you should already have these as standard.

Happy coding!

Last edited by V.Smurf; 04-04-2018 at 02:28 AM..
Appreciate 1
Who?484.50
      04-29-2018, 03:13 AM   #50
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Hi Who?,

Comfort Access (aka seat coding) is discussed in the general Bimmercode thread, however there is a dedicated thread which is what I used when configuring it. I used the settings listed, but I seem to recall that there was another thread/post about how you could further customise the movement (to further control the amount of movement).

That said, you need to have Bimmercode in Expert Mode, which I recall means you need to pay for it. I paid for it anyway as I thought that it was a pretty good app and decided to support the developer who was super responsive when I asked questions

Oh, and you need to have electric seats - so unless you purchased the M2 Pure, you should already have these as standard.

Happy coding!
Thanks mate

Just tried giving this a crack, but on bimmercode, after 3012 eah, there doesnt seem to be the options specified?
      04-30-2018, 06:57 AM   #51
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Hi Who?,
Quote:
Just tried giving this a crack, but on bimmercode, after 3012 eah, there doesnt seem to be the options specified?
You're right: I can't find it. I'm a bit perplexed - I found this easily last time, but this time around I've been unable to locate it..?

I've dropped the developer a note to see if there is something obvious I'm missing ... but when I coded it last (and this would have been in early March, so not that long ago) it was a snap, so maybe an updated Bimmercode version has removed it..?

I'll let you know if they come back with an answer

Cheers,
Appreciate 1
Who?484.50
      04-30-2018, 07:08 AM   #52
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Hi Who?,

You're right: I can't find it. I'm a bit perplexed - I found this easily last time, but this time around I've been unable to locate it..?

I've dropped the developer a note to see if there is something obvious I'm missing ... but when I coded it last (and this would have been in early March, so not that long ago) it was a snap, so maybe an updated Bimmercode version has removed it..?

I'll let you know if they come back with an answer

Cheers,
legend
      04-30-2018, 05:31 PM   #53
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Hi Who?,
Quote:
legend
The developer wrote back and told me that he hadn't changed anything, and suggested using the search feature in Expert mode. I can try this later tonight when I'm home, but in the meantime I did a search and I found the original post that I used to find the Bimmercode parameters.

As I was in a rush last night, I didn't look for the Expert mode button when I was fiddling around in the Seat Options, which is what the post suggests ... probably as it hides down the bottom of the screen and isn't obvious Its annoying as I spent plenty of time in Expert mode for the FEM and Head Unit! Anyway, the Seat Module Driver and Seat Module Passenger are found on the main Bimmercode screen: my recollection is that I coded both of these.

I'll report back when I've had a chance to check this further tonight.

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2018, 06:37 PM   #54
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Hi Who?,

The developer wrote back and told me that he hadn't changed anything, and suggested using the search feature in Expert mode. I can try this later tonight when I'm home, but in the meantime I did a search and I found the original post that I used to find the Bimmercode parameters.

As I was in a rush last night, I didn't look for the Expert mode button when I was fiddling around in the Seat Options, which is what the post suggests ... probably as it hides down the bottom of the screen and isn't obvious Its annoying as I spent plenty of time in Expert mode for the FEM and Head Unit! Anyway, the Seat Module Driver and Seat Module Passenger are found on the main Bimmercode screen: my recollection is that I coded both of these.

I'll report back when I've had a chance to check this further tonight.

Cheers,
yeah i went into expert mode, but the Seat Module Driver and Seat Module Passenger are limited in dropdown(?) menus

i wonder if its to do with the idrive update from the dealer cluster recall update
      04-30-2018, 07:00 PM   #55
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Hi Who?,
Quote:
yeah i went into expert mode, but the Seat Module Driver and Seat Module Passenger are limited in dropdown(?) menus
Ok - well, I didn't miss them last night then. I'll have a better hunt around tonight and see what I can find.

Quote:
i wonder if its to do with the idrive update from the dealer cluster recall update
I'm certain that this isn't the case as I coded my seat movement after I'd had the ISTEP update applied in FebruaryL: I fixed up a bunch of stuff that had been broken by the ISTEP update and took the opportunity to code the seat movement.

What I can't work out is where this has disappeared too as it was so easy to locate last time. My memory is that it was on an extended list of parameters when in Expert mode, but I just couldn't find it this time around. Have you tried using the Search feature to locate "EINAUSSTIEGSHILFE" or "3012" ...?

I'm sure something has changed, but I'm going to try the Search function the developer suggested to see whether it locates some of these parameters before I let Stephan know that the functionality seems to have disappeared.

Cheers,
Appreciate 1
Who?484.50
      05-02-2018, 03:32 AM   #56
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Hi Who?,
Quote:
Turns out that Expert mode is actually there I've taken a look tonight - its in the bottom left corner (so not always obvious).

Anyway, I decided to write some detailed instructions on how you do this - hopefully it'll guide you through the process.

If Expert mode isn't showing up on your Bimmercode app, then you probably are just using the free version

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 03:34 AM   #57
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Hi Who?,

Turns out that Expert mode is actually there I've taken a look tonight - its in the bottom left corner (so not always obvious).

Anyway, I decided to write some detailed instructions on how you do this - hopefully it'll guide you through the process.

If Expert mode isn't showing up on your Bimmercode app, then you probably are just using the free version

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
yeah i went into expect mode, as i paid for the app, but some of the options are missing. ill do a screen grab on the weekend
      05-09-2018, 11:59 AM   #58
rocke29
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2 M/T

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Who?,

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
yeah i went into expect mode, as i paid for the app, but some of the options are missing. ill do a screen grab on the weekend
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Who?,

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Same here. I got my car serviced and have to recode but much of the selections are now greyed out in BimmerCode. Yes I did pay for it.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 06:41 PM   #59
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocke29 View Post
Same here. I got my car serviced and have to recode but much of the selections are now greyed out in BimmerCode. Yes I did pay for it.
So the Devs responded to me stating I have the newer software, and BMW changed this with the most recent update..

I also uninstalled/reinstalled the app prior to this with no avail..

i guess we're out of luck on this one
      05-20-2018, 06:12 PM   #60
terrywang
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
Not planning to go back to dealership for services so I guess I am good for this ;-)
      05-30-2018, 12:56 AM   #61
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Just received my iCar ( Vgate ) Pro Bluetooth OBD Adaptor to connect with the BimmerCode app.

Got straight into coding and can't believe how simple this is for even a novice.

I can recall coding my 135i vert back in 2009 with a laptop program and it was a absolute nightmare
Appreciate 1
      05-31-2018, 12:25 AM   #62
terrywang
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Just received my iCar ( Vgate ) Pro Bluetooth OBD Adaptor to connect with the BimmerCode app.

Got straight into coding and can't believe how simple this is for even a novice.

I can recall coding my 135i vert back in 2009 with a laptop program and it was a absolute nightmare
That was the terrible E-Sys system I believe, poorly designed software (UI), not intuitive at all.
      05-31-2018, 03:49 AM   #63
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrywang View Post
That was the terrible E-Sys system I believe, poorly designed software (UI), not intuitive at all.
Yep..sure was.

On the bright side, Coding OFF the ASD is the absolute bomb.. What a friggen difference, especially with MPE
Appreciate 1
      06-10-2018, 08:34 AM   #64
kravz
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
On the bright side, Coding OFF the ASD is the absolute bomb.. What a friggen difference, especially with MPE
Second the asd off. sports is so much more bearable now lol
Been driving in mdm mode but with the weather it's slippery

I did the door lights on reverse then it threw errors like left high beam malfunction and my heart sank... luckily it was all good when I restarted the car lol
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2018, 03:21 PM   #65
Proctor750
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 M3

Can you still change the door open sound or seatbelt sound to rolls royce or did that go away with the newest istep version?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2018, 12:03 AM   #66
yawn
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Anyone had issues with bimmercode and warranty?
Appreciate 0