BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > President Trump. [ Hits and Misses Scorecard Thread ]

07-16-2019, 07:04 PM   #6513
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Thumbs up

The epitome of a HIT for everyone is the unprecedented transparency of the current administration's cabinet (and other) meetings. Arguably this is an even more important hit for people concerned about the administration's competence. Anyone can just go on YouTube and watch meetings with the President! This should gain universal approval from lovers and haters alike.

All this being said... Why is my confidence so high that TDS will prevent reason here? 🤔

As an example of the real information gained from watching these meetings is qued up in the video below. The video will start when the President calls on Jared Kushner to present the administration's plan for dealing with immigration (legal and illegal). Needless to say, this is an extremely timely topic.

A really interesting fact in Kushner's presentation: Only 12% of people coming into the US and becoming legal residents or citizens are filling the economic needs we have. This lags far behind peer countries we compete with for trade and talent, with Canada 53%, New Zealand 59%, Australia 63%, and Japan at 52%. Under President Trump's proposal, we would improve to 57%.

Last edited by Dog Face Pony Soldier; 07-16-2019 at 07:10 PM..
Appreciate 3
Run Silent13198.00
SakhirM49988.00
Eriphill1512.50

07-17-2019, 12:46 AM   #6514
jmg
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
I guess by now I shouldn't be surprised the haters can't even accurately quote. Let me help correct the record. This is the relevant quote:

"Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came."

You can debate if the correct quote is better/worse/indifferent, but get the facts straight. He never said go back "to their own country."
This is the side you are standing on:

"This is the kind of WHITE NATIONALISM we elected him for. And weíre obviously seeing it only because thereís another election coming up. But Iíll tell you, even knowing that, it still feels so good."

https://dailystormer.name/trump-tell...eir-shitholes/
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 1
minn196543.50

07-17-2019, 12:49 AM   #6515
jmg
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Of course that was the case That was my point. I think the president knew where they were born and was not referring to where they were born.
That doesn't seem to be better by any measure. He is then inferring that ethic background can be used to dismiss one's opinion, regardless if they are natural born citizens or not.
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 1
minn196543.50

07-17-2019, 12:53 AM   #6516
jmg
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post
You asked "Did a Caucasian ancestry play a role in him dressing down a white opponent?". I answered. Then things went on a random tangent lol
Actually, her claimed Native American ancestry was the point of ridicule and contention. He called her Pocahontas after all. Regardless, that is a different enough situation that it doesn't really show that he doesn't have a biased against non-white Americans, just that he has a bias against this woman, regardless of her background.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 12:58 AM   #6517
jmg
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
And just like that "well if you don't know why they clearly you are (insert favorite phone or ism). What did I say? Like fucking clock work. I already knew this would be the response.

Liberal cannot answer question so instead tries to flip the script by point out that the person asking the question is obviously racist.

So I will ask again, point out the racism in Trump's statement?
I do not give a fuck how you feel about us just answer that question that was asked.
I've already answered that question.

Last edited by jmg; 07-17-2019 at 01:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 01:40 AM   #6518
jmg
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I guess by now I shouldn't be surprised the haters can't even accurately quote. Let me help correct the record. This is the relevant quote:

"Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came."

You can debate if the correct quote is better/worse/indifferent, but get the facts straight. He never said go back "to their own country."
Except I didn't use quotation marks.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 03:39 AM   #6519
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Well isn't this interesting....

Republican support for Trump rises after racially charged tweets: Reuters/Ipsos poll

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1UB2UD

The national survey, conducted on Monday and Tuesday after Trump told the lawmakers they should "go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came," showed his net approval among members of his Republican Party rose by 5 percentage points to 72%, compared with a similar poll that ran last week.

Trump's overall approval remained unchanged over the past week. According to the poll, 41% of the U.S. public said they approved of his performance in office, while 55% disapproved.
      07-17-2019, 04:38 AM   #6520
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I've already answered that question.
No you posted typical emotionally charged BS about how we are racist for supporting him. You never actually answered the question.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 04:42 AM   #6521
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Well isn't this interesting....

Republican support for Trump rises after racially charged tweets: Reuters/Ipsos poll

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1UB2UD

The national survey, conducted on Monday and Tuesday after Trump told the lawmakers they should "go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came," showed his net approval among members of his Republican Party rose by 5 percentage points to 72%, compared with a similar poll that ran last week.

Trump's overall approval remained unchanged over the past week. According to the poll, 41% of the U.S. public said they approved of his performance in office, while 55% disapproved.

The left cries racism so much that no one gives a fuck any more. To them a white person smirking at a POC is racist. Now the cold dose of reality is setting in, people had enough of this shit.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 07:12 AM   #6522
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Voted Dem/Independent for awhile, but my hatred for Clinton made me go for DJT in 2016. I've said for years I'd vote for Biden if he gets the nod, and would have in 2016.

I wasn't a fan of a lot of what Obama did, but I don't think anybody can deny he's essentially a good man, a good family man with no scandals, and he was very professional.
No scandals? Good lordy.

He was a family man and very professional. Scandals aside:
* Jets Eric Holder to St. Louis with nothing more than a kids word that his friend was shot in the back with his hands up. Didn't bother to even talk to the police.
What happened next?

* Google visited him an average of 4.45 times a month for every month of his 8 years in office. 427 times in total.
Where are we at?

* Green lighted the weaponization of the FBI and DOJ.
What happened and where are we at?

Other than lighting the country on fire, I guess he was okay.

Last edited by gonzo; 07-17-2019 at 07:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 08:22 AM   #6523
SumBMWGuy
Major
Rep
Drives: A German Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Voted Dem/Independent for awhile, but my hatred for Clinton made me go for DJT in 2016. I've said for years I'd vote for Biden if he gets the nod, and would have in 2016.

I wasn't a fan of a lot of what Obama did, but I don't think anybody can deny he's essentially a good man, a good family man with no scandals, and he was very professional.
No scandals? Good lordy.

He was a family man and very professional. Scandals aside:
* Jets Eric Holder to St. Louis with nothing more than a kids word that his friend was shot in the back with his hands up. Didn't bother to even talk to the police.
What happened next?

* Google visited him an average of 4.45 times a month for every month of his 8 years in office. 427 times in total.
Where are we at?

* Green lighted the weaponization of the FBI and DOJ.
What happened and where are we at?

Other than lighting the country on fire, I guess he was okay.
There's a difference between President Obama doing things you don't agree with and a true scandal. I mean it's not like he used his charitable foundation pay his bills, or cheated on his pregnant wife, or used campaign funds to cheat on his wife, or left DC with 7 million dollar unpaid bill for his 1st or 2nd inauguration.
Appreciate 2
jmg7991.50

07-17-2019, 08:25 AM   #6524
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
There's a difference between President Obama doing things you don't agree with and a true scandal. I mean it's not like he used his charitable foundation pay his bills, or cheated on his pregnant wife, or used campaign funds to cheat on his wife, or left DC with 7 million dollar unpaid bill for his 1st or 2nd inauguration.
I had no idea that cheating on your wife was punishable by law. Funny how you cry about 7 million yet you wont say shit about billions that St Obama gave to Iran.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 08:52 AM   #6525
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
You just plunked a charging rhino with a Daisy Buck bb gun.
I didn't even bother listing his scandals either. I just listed things he did that set the country on fire and gave a mega power company instructions/guidance to shim those they disagree with. The weaponization of our justice system was his exiting cherry on top.

Most destructive president in history and it's not even close.

* BLM meetings inside the White House was special too. 'Kill the pigs' echoing through the night air was oh so special.

Last edited by gonzo; 07-17-2019 at 08:59 AM..
Appreciate 2
      07-17-2019, 09:11 AM   #6526
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 F150, 19 S5 SB 19 ZL1 1LE

Quote:
The epitome of a HIT for everyone is the unprecedented transparency of the current administration's cabinet (and other) meetings. Arguably this is an even more important hit for people concerned about the administration's competence. Anyone can just go on YouTube and watch meetings with the President! This should gain universal approval from lovers and haters alike.

All this being said... Why is my confidence so high that TDS will prevent reason here? 🤔

As an example of the real information gained from watching these meetings is qued up in the video below. The video will start when the President calls on Jared Kushner to present the administration's plan for dealing with immigration (legal and illegal). Needless to say, this is an extremely timely topic.

A really interesting fact in Kushner's presentation: Only 12% of people coming into the US and becoming legal residents or citizens are filling the economic needs we have. This lags far behind peer countries we compete with for trade and talent, with Canada 53%, New Zealand 59%, Australia 63%, and Japan at 52%. Under President Trump's proposal, we would improve to 57%.

Oh yeah, another meeting where he made a shit ton of false claims.......yah that's a hit?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 09:15 AM   #6527
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Quote:

Oh yeah, another meeting where he made a shit ton of false claims.......yah that's a hit?
Come on, Minn. You're better than that. He was obviously referencing the fact that the meeting was published and transparent, not the meeting details themselves.

Lots of things to pick on Trump for, this isn't one of them. Glad to see more transparency in government.
      07-17-2019, 09:17 AM   #6528
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Come on, Minn. You're better than that. He was obviously referencing the fact that the meeting was published and transparent, not the meeting details themselves.

Lots of things to pick on Trump for, this isn't one of them. Glad to see more transparency in government.
I'm sorry, but a meeting where a bunch more lies were broadcast is transparent? I guess from the fact it was aired sure.

We need the lawyer crew around here to get to the bottom of the real definition of transparent.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 09:25 AM   #6529
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I'm sorry, but a meeting where a bunch more lies were broadcast is transparent? I guess from the fact it was aired sure.

We need the lawyer crew around here to get to the bottom of the real definition of transparent.
Again, I feel you are being critical where it isn't warranted. Doesn't really matter if you like or hate a politician, doesn't matter what they say or do, doesn't matter if they lie, cheat, steal, or murder. All of that is it's own discussion on merit.

The comment here was the fact that it was transparent and available for all to view. The simple fact that you were able to call out the lies proves my point that it was a good thing.
      07-17-2019, 09:31 AM   #6530
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Again, I feel you are being critical where it isn't warranted. Doesn't really matter if you like or hate a politician, doesn't matter what they say or do, doesn't matter if they lie, cheat, steal, or murder. All of that is it's own discussion on merit.

The comment here was the fact that it was transparent and available for all to view. The simple fact that you were able to call out the lies proves my point that it was a good thing.
We will just have to disagree because to me and a lot of people it most definitely does matter. The “transparency” thing is a sham and part of his act to make it appear as such. In fact when Trump is called out on the lies/false claims it is one of his favorite things to go to. He doesn’t answer the question or his staff doesn’t and they say something along the lines that he is the most transparent Pres in history blah blah blah. Except of course when comes to those pesky taxes/financial records. So even that is a lie.
Appreciate 3
jmg7991.50
Deniz45.50

07-17-2019, 09:34 AM   #6531
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Since he is the most transparent President in history why are his Putin meeting so secret that even his staff isnít allowed to be in on?
Appreciate 3
      07-17-2019, 09:44 AM   #6532
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Since he is the most transparent President in history why are his Putin meeting so secret that even his staff isn’t allowed to be in on?
Sorry. Could you point out where I said Trump is a saint, or that he is the most transparent president in history?
      07-17-2019, 09:47 AM   #6533
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sorry. Could you point out where I said Trump is a saint, or that he is the most transparent president in history?
Never said you did on either, just continuing my general train of thought on the topic.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent13198.00

07-17-2019, 10:30 AM   #6534
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
...a meeting where a bunch more lies were broadcast is transparent? I guess from the fact it was aired sure.
Seems like you're complaining only for complaining's sake. Any additional transparency is a good thing, especially for those whom hold this administration is low regard. I realize these meetings are dry and for the political geeks, but even if you ignore them, Resist allies like Media Matters and the like can watch and pick them apart for you.

The other point I'll bring up is related personal belief.

I contend that a mature and knowledgeable approach to a topic of opposition requires true understanding of the logic/beliefs behind the position opposed. In other words, you should try and understand the opposition's reason/logic/belief that formed their position. To be clear, this understanding often doesn't change your beliefs, but it does provide an understanding. This understanding can often even reinforce your opposition. This understanding may even assist you in crafting a rebuttal.

For all these reasons, having this unprecedented transparency is a HIT for everyone. I can only hope the next administration continues this practice in 2025.