BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > ☛ MHD Flasher F Series (F87) discussion ☚

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-11-2019, 05:33 PM   #221
M&M
Captain
M&M's Avatar
South Africa
77
Rep
724
Posts

Drives: Boosted Beemers!
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungman View Post
Today I mapped my GTS TCU for my car, N55 M2. Then my instrumental panel which initially showed D1 now changed to C1. Even when I converted to sports plus, my car changes shift during low RPM. Also when I accelerate, my down shift doesn't work. I feel like original comfort mode is way faster and better. So I changed it back to stock map. How should I fix this problem?
Yeah, had the same issue. I don't think the GTS flash is for the N55 M2. It shouldn't have allowed it to flash. I had to get the gearbox programmed back to stock and it's fine now.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 05:59 AM   #222
MVersi
XSS11V
Australia
112
Rep
90
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI - Mineral Grey
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungman View Post
Today I mapped my GTS TCU for my car, N55 M2. Then my instrumental panel which initially showed D1 now changed to C1. Even when I converted to sports plus, my car changes shift during low RPM. Also when I accelerate, my down shift doesn't work. I feel like original comfort mode is way faster and better. So I changed it back to stock map. How should I fix this problem?
Yeah, had the same issue. I don't think the GTS flash is for the N55 M2. It shouldn't have allowed it to flash. I had to get the gearbox programmed back to stock and it's fine now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungman View Post
Today I mapped my GTS TCU for my car, N55 M2. Then my instrumental panel which initially showed D1 now changed to C1. Even when I converted to sports plus, my car changes shift during low RPM. Also when I accelerate, my down shift doesn't work. I feel like original comfort mode is way faster and better. So I changed it back to stock map. How should I fix this problem?
Yeah, had the same issue. I don't think the GTS flash is for the N55 M2. It shouldn't have allowed it to flash. I had to get the gearbox programmed back to stock and it's fine now.
What's the CS flash difference? Anyone done it?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 04:30 PM   #223
Yellowflash21
First Lieutenant
Slovenia
351
Rep
360
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Slovenia

iTrader: (0)

After very long time, and thinking to either go with custom tune or bootmod3 or mhd.

I've decided to go with MHD option as their OTS maps seems to be little bit less agressive compared to bootmod3 and it would give me a little bit piece of mind.

The only downside was a very long initial flashing process which took 24 min. and I'm sure this is fixed now with the upcoming wifi adapter.

But, after reflash was completed I'm very pleased with overall results!

My stock FBO without remap 100-200 was around 10.5 (manual
Also, 3rd gear pull 100-150km/h was flat 4 seconds.

With their Stage2+ 93/98RON, I got the following results on the same rode in similar conditions:

100-150 km/h flat 2.99seconds
100-200 km/h around 9.4 seconds!

If I would be little bit on shifting from 3rd to 4th, I'm sure I could get to 9s without prob!

Thank you! MHD Tuning
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 08:12 AM   #224
MHD Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
MHD Tuning's Avatar
Germany
1644
Rep
1,221
Posts


Drives: M3F80#M5F90#340iF31#SupraA90
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowflash21 View Post
After very long time, and thinking to either go with custom tune or bootmod3 or mhd.

I've decided to go with MHD option as their OTS maps seems to be little bit less agressive compared to bootmod3 and it would give me a little bit piece of mind.

The only downside was a very long initial flashing process which took 24 min. and I'm sure this is fixed now with the upcoming wifi adapter.

But, after reflash was completed I'm very pleased with overall results!

My stock FBO without remap 100-200 was around 10.5 (manual
Also, 3rd gear pull 100-150km/h was flat 4 seconds.

With their Stage2+ 93/98RON, I got the following results on the same rode in similar conditions:

100-150 km/h flat 2.99seconds
100-200 km/h around 9.4 seconds!

If I would be little bit on shifting from 3rd to 4th, I'm sure I could get to 9s without prob!

Thank you! MHD Tuning
Thank you, feel free to send us a datalog!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 03:10 PM   #225
Cristian135
Private First Class
7
Rep
102
Posts

Drives: Bmw m2
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Barcelona

iTrader: (0)

Will there be an improved stage 2+ map for m2 n55?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 06:19 AM   #226
MHD Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
MHD Tuning's Avatar
Germany
1644
Rep
1,221
Posts


Drives: M3F80#M5F90#340iF31#SupraA90
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristian135 View Post
Will there be an improved stage 2+ map for m2 n55?
ST2+ already runs on the edge of the the stock fuel system.

We like to keep the OTS maps a bit on the safer side but a great upgrade for the M2 is a B58 HPFP and custom tune to max out the stock turbo.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 04:28 PM   #227
MVersi
XSS11V
Australia
112
Rep
90
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI - Mineral Grey
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD Tuning View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristian135 View Post
Will there be an improved stage 2+ map for m2 n55?
ST2+ already runs on the edge of the the stock fuel system.

We like to keep the OTS maps a bit on the safer side but a great upgrade for the M2 is a B58 HPFP and custom tune to max out the stock turbo.
If I upgraded to the B58 HPFP, what would be the best turbo upgrade to suit? TTE/Pure?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 06:29 PM   #228
F87source
Captain
F87source's Avatar
Canada
386
Rep
984
Posts

Drives: 2017 Bmw M2 6mt
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVersi View Post
If I upgraded to the B58 HPFP, what would be the best turbo upgrade to suit? TTE/Pure?
The B58 hpfp has 2 variants B and C, the B variant is available in NA and on most b58's and only flows slightly more than the F series n55 hpfp. The C variant found in the new Z4 m40i (mostly Euro spec) and supra is a Bosch hpd6 Evo 3.5 bar pump which flows significantly more than the F series n55 pump.

So depending on which pump you have, you may or may not require additional fuelling to Max out a turbo upgrade.


I personally prefer the pure upgrade since they've been around for awhile and are quite reputable. But imo I would skip the hybrid turbos and go straight for a "stage 3" turbo to remove the restrictive factory turbo fold.
__________________
Follow me on Instagram @f87source
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 12:32 PM   #229
MHD Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
MHD Tuning's Avatar
Germany
1644
Rep
1,221
Posts


Drives: M3F80#M5F90#340iF31#SupraA90
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVersi View Post
If I upgraded to the B58 HPFP, what would be the best turbo upgrade to suit? TTE/Pure?
on B58 OG pump you can max out the pump with the stock turbo so both are then maxed out.

If you want 480+ then go with Pure Stage 2 and XDI HPFP.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 03:35 AM   #230
D CHOI
Captain
D CHOI's Avatar
539
Rep
799
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW M2
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (0)

I noticed you guys don't offer ACN tunes like BM3 does for the west coast people? Is it because your tunes aren't as aggressive as BM3?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 08:43 AM   #231
F87source
Captain
F87source's Avatar
Canada
386
Rep
984
Posts

Drives: 2017 Bmw M2 6mt
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D CHOI View Post
I noticed you guys don't offer ACN tunes like BM3 does for the west coast people? Is it because your tunes aren't as aggressive as BM3?
The best way to find out if your gas is good enough quality to run the tune is to data log it, buy a map pack that suits your mods. Then data log the lowest octane rating first, look for knock and of course afrs and other variables, then move your way up in terms of octane. But first look to see how the stock tune is doing.

The best option is to use a custom tune, you can't always rely on ots maps to perfectly suit your car....
__________________
Follow me on Instagram @f87source
Appreciate 1
      12-21-2019, 03:43 AM   #232
oranzada_m2c
New Member
Czech_Republic
9
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: M2C 2019
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: https://www.instagram.com/carsisfun/

iTrader: (0)

I need just coding M2C with stock map from factory:
1)VMAX limiter
2)cold start off
Is it possible?
Thanks mark
Appreciate 1
      12-27-2019, 09:09 PM   #233
///Monika
Private First Class
United_States
64
Rep
185
Posts

Drives: '18 X3 M40i & '18 M2
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Just loaded S2+ using the OBD WiFi black. Unlock and load took approx. 3 1/2 minutes. Haven't had a chance to drive it yet but being able to kill the cold start (MPE exhaust rattle here) was well worth it. Will gen a log once we get back into town.

Awesome job MHD...
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 10:11 AM   #234
///Monika
Private First Class
United_States
64
Rep
185
Posts

Drives: '18 X3 M40i & '18 M2
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Will there be support for Spool FX-150 in a future release or is this something that a customer tuner will have to implement ?

http://spoolperformance.us/index.php...&product_id=77
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 11:27 AM   #235
cecaa850
Lieutenant
United_States
206
Rep
549
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2
Join Date: May 2018
Location: South East TX.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Monika View Post
Will there be support for Spool FX-150 in a future release or is this something that a customer tuner will have to implement ?

http://spoolperformance.us/index.php...&product_id=77
According to their site, they'll provide data to whatever tuning platform you might be using.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 11:43 AM   #236
prompt
Private
prompt's Avatar
United Kingdom
70
Rep
87
Posts

Drives: M2 COMP
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Midlands UK

iTrader: (0)

asking for a friend
Will MHD work for a 2019 bmw M2 Competition?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 11:44 AM   #237
///Monika
Private First Class
United_States
64
Rep
185
Posts

Drives: '18 X3 M40i & '18 M2
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Yes, read that too. Was hoping we wouldn't have to go the custom tuning route until we do a Pure Stage 2 upgrade here in a couple of months. We see support in the MHD app for the XDI so we're hoping they implement the 150 as well. So much easier to do these upgrades in incremental stages.

So until then, finger on the purchase button (FX-150) if/when MHD intends on expanding support. Otherwise I guess we do everything all at once and have it tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecaa850 View Post
According to their site, they'll provide data to whatever tuning platform you might be using.

Last edited by ///Monika; 12-29-2019 at 12:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 04:56 AM   #238
oranzada_m2c
New Member
Czech_Republic
9
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: M2C 2019
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: https://www.instagram.com/carsisfun/

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prompt View Post
asking for a friend
Will MHD work for a 2019 bmw M2 Competition?
its not possible, because locked DME... you have to visit some tuner and tuner have to take ecu from engine and flash dme.

Appreciate 1
prompt70.00

      01-08-2020, 01:32 PM   #239
///Monika
Private First Class
United_States
64
Rep
185
Posts

Drives: '18 X3 M40i & '18 M2
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

We contacted Spool Performance yesterday and inquired about 2 of their kits (HPFP, Ethanol Analyzer, micron inline filter and long line kit) which we'll probably order in the next week or so. Spool indicated that MHD and BM3 will be rolling out support within their next update.

MHD Tuning , can you please confirm support of the FX-150 in the near future ?

For others, they indicated that the harness is definitely PNP - no cutting of the OEM harness. More questions went their way today so I'll post updates once my husband forwards me their response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Monika View Post
Will there be support for Spool FX-150 in a future release or is this something that a customer tuner will have to implement ?

http://spoolperformance.us/index.php...&product_id=77
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 08:51 AM   #240
MHD Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
MHD Tuning's Avatar
Germany
1644
Rep
1,221
Posts


Drives: M3F80#M5F90#340iF31#SupraA90
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Two nice dyno results from our European customers, both are running our ST2+ E20, DP + FMIC.



Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 11:00 AM   #241
AmuroRay
Second Lieutenant
61
Rep
274
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranzada_m2c View Post
I need just coding M2C with stock map from factory:
1)VMAX limiter
2)cold start off
Is it possible?
Thanks mark
Yes.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 03:37 PM   #242
besjamin
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: BMW M2
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

I've just installed a DP and tuned with Stage 2+.

Fellas, care to share your burble settings? Thanks
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
flash, mhd, tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST