BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > ED Hotel Recommendations?

01-10-2019, 10:37 AM   #23
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Emailed Marriott near the welt, was on the Bmw card, yes I reserved a few nights on points 35k per, so after asking the special rate for those nights they declined to answer (because) I already have a reservation?

Secret info?

I gave my production # and dates, hoping maybe the cash rate is better than the use of points.

Why can't they say: yes your first night with our promotional rate is really aggressive but night 2-3 rates are higher, maybe points are best.

Update: I asked Marriot to call the hotel let me know the "secret" rate, it's 275 euro per almost $900 for 3 nights (mid February standard room)

hello Hilton...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 06:38 PM   #24
Aloha Joe
Hanapaa!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 6mt, LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceramic Rabbit View Post
Nah they say on the ED cards the hotels can't offer the rents during festivals, which is fair.

BTW I booked a place at the Royal Leonardo, seemed like a good all around option.
Good choice, stayed there for two nights prior to ED. One 15 minute Ubahn ride to the Marienplatz or one 5 minute ride to the Welt. 20 minutes if you want to walk to the Welt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Honestly most the hotels offered are overpriced anyway, only the Leonardo Royal is a good value and you can probably get as good or better rate booking on their website directly.
Exactly, that's the reason we chose the Leonardo vs some of the Marienplatz hotels.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 10:20 PM   #25
alavigne
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Joe View Post
Good choice, stayed there for two nights prior to ED. One 15 minute Ubahn ride to the Marienplatz or one 5 minute ride to the Welt. 20 minutes if you want to walk to the Welt.

Exactly, that's the reason we chose the Leonardo vs some of the Marienplatz hotels.
I also had a really good experience at the Leonardo - mine was the Olympiapark location. On top of the excellent service and low cost (Eur 99 per night), it was a pleasant 25 minute walk across the olympiapark to the Welt.

My hotel opinions fully described here on page 3 of my 17 page European Delivery Trip Report (GerM2ny 2018 Page 3) or at the 4:29 mark of the Movie version of the trip report (GerM2ny 2018 Movie Page)
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 07:27 AM   #26
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Make sure you confirm your pickup at the airport. My bmw premium drive ride no showed me so I had to take a 62 euro taxi ride to the welt
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 07:51 AM   #27
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Oh yeah bmw switched insurance back to Allianz as of Jan 2019 not sure if it covers the ring again
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 09:25 AM   #28
Ceramic Rabbit
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Honda Accord V6 Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Make sure you confirm your pickup at the airport. My bmw premium drive ride no showed me so I had to take a 62 euro taxi ride to the welt
I'm actually coming into Munich by train so it should be a short taxi or ubahn ride
Appreciate 0