BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Chasing the Ultimate Exhaust Setup Pt. 2- Remus Race vs. AA

11-25-2022, 04:36 AM   #89
M2C Rado
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcbrdriver View Post
Interesting outcome. Maybe it's because I have the valves defaulted to open, but I can definitely hear it inside in sport. I wouldn't say mine drones, but it's got a very deep sound.

I agree that removing the mid hanger from it's hook was a PITA. I applied a bit of grease to the new one that really made pushing it on easy though.
Hey there, do you have any updates/thoughts on your setup? I got the exact same setup (resonated AA single + Race Remus) AND catless downpipes... I figured "might as well give it a try" - a very expensive "try" to be sure and the answer is "WTF was I thinking?".

Needless to say, I'll be going back to stock DPs in the coming days and I'm very curious what to expect. Especially with valves closed on Efficient - is it bearable for long highway drives and is it civilized enough to keep the neighbors from stoning me or the car? I think we established the setup is LOUD with valves open in Sport and Sport+, but my concern is Efficient with valves closed.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 07:18 AM   #90
maxcbrdriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 535xiT; 2021 BMW M2C

IMO yes, Efficient mode is very manageable. I think you'll still get a decent startup roar, but it'll quiet down after a minute. I haven't driven on highway much so I can't comment on highway behavior.

I played with valve position in Carly and I'm going to upgrade to an Open/Close valve controller so I can keep it in Sport, but use controller to manage the sound. I did a long drive the other day like that and my sensitive ears were fine. Some companies say you shouldn't force valves permanently closed, but I think that's in relation to the restrictive stock exhaust. The Remus Race has Helmotz resonators so there is no restriction regardless of which path the exhaust takes.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 08:25 AM   #91
M2C Rado
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcbrdriver View Post
IMO yes, Efficient mode is very manageable. I think you'll still get a decent startup roar, but it'll quiet down after a minute. I haven't driven on highway much so I can't comment on highway behavior.

I played with valve position in Carly and I'm going to upgrade to an Open/Close valve controller so I can keep it in Sport, but use controller to manage the sound. I did a long drive the other day like that and my sensitive ears were fine. Some companies say you shouldn't force valves permanently closed, but I think that's in relation to the restrictive stock exhaust. The Remus Race has Helmotz resonators so there is no restriction regardless of which path the exhaust takes.
Thanks, good to know. I'll give it a try hopefully next week and will post in here with my thoughts. Also - I consider myself to also have sensitive ears, so let's see
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 10:22 PM   #92
CoffeeLife
Coffee Every Day
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [10.00]
Just wanted to add my latest update as I have spent a lot of money finding the ultimate exhaust lol

My current and Final Setup. Remus Race + BR Motorsports Equal Length

Perfect install and my easiest install to date. I have removed and installed maybe 20 exhausts on this platform so I'm pretty comfortable with it. Took me about 1hr alone to install it and about 1hr the following weekend to adjust the tips and rotate some of the exhaust clamps/ adjust sleeves a few mm.

What combos did I previously try?
  • Stock Midpipe + Remus Sport - (Better sound but still all of the of S55 rasp)
  • AA Single Middle + Remus Sport - (Better but still some rasp + drone with the 6MT)
  • Valvetronic Equal Length system - (Unique sound, 3800-4400rpm heavy "ping" rasp, great after 4500rpm. Bad quality, bad fitment. Added different resonators and rear muffler to mask and improve/calm the rasp. Was happy after that, but still not "perfect" due to the intermittent rasp that would appear 30% of the time during the RPM ranges mentioned above. Still 100% better than stock and you could definitely tell EL was the way to go.

Why didn't I got AA for the EL option? Ive used them in the past and had a bad experience regarding their Signature full exhaust on my N55 M2. Didn't want to risk something that requires tight tolerances and costs so much to ship to Korea again.

IMO the BR EL length is perfect for me(default package comes with the resonators). Not a single ounce of rasp. Its 101% eliminated. Doesn't matter if its cold start, hot start, revving, accelerating. I was super surprised. Also looks way better IMO.

Obligatory car and exhaust photos attached . Ended up throwing my Valvetronic EL in the trash. Didn't want to even donate it to anyone due to the quality.
Attached Images

-Recaro Pole Position , 2kBody Half Cage, Pinnacle Motorsports Half Cage (On order), CAE Shifter
-Remus Race + BR EL Mid
Appreciate 4
drp087233.00
inTgr8r2425.50
      11-26-2022, 05:04 AM   #93
drp087
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeLife View Post
Just wanted to add my latest update as I have spent a lot of money finding the ultimate exhaust lol

My current and Final Setup. Remus Race + BR Motorsports Equal Length

Perfect install and my easiest install to date. I have removed and installed maybe 20 exhausts on this platform so I'm pretty comfortable with it. Took me about 1hr alone to install it and about 1hr the following weekend to adjust the tips and rotate some of the exhaust clamps/ adjust sleeves a few mm.

What combos did I previously try?
  • Stock Midpipe + Remus Sport - (Better sound but still all of the of S55 rasp)
  • AA Single Middle + Remus Sport - (Better but still some rasp + drone with the 6MT)
  • Valvetronic Equal Length system - (Unique sound, 3800-4400rpm heavy "ping" rasp, great after 4500rpm. Bad quality, bad fitment. Added different resonators and rear muffler to mask and improve/calm the rasp. Was happy after that, but still not "perfect" due to the intermittent rasp that would appear 30% of the time during the RPM ranges mentioned above. Still 100% better than stock and you could definitely tell EL was the way to go.

Why didn't I got AA for the EL option? Ive used them in the past and had a bad experience regarding their Signature full exhaust on my N55 M2. Didn't want to risk something that requires tight tolerances and costs so much to ship to Korea again.

IMO the BR EL length is perfect for me(default package comes with the resonators). Not a single ounce of rasp. Its 101% eliminated. Doesn't matter if its cold start, hot start, revving, accelerating. I was super surprised. Also looks way better IMO.

Obligatory car and exhaust photos attached . Ended up throwing my Valvetronic EL in the trash. Didn't want to even donate it to anyone due to the quality.

Obligatory exhaust videos preferred!
Jokes aside, it must have been quite a ride to get to where you are at now! I guess BRM is relatively new in the game, and I hope they step it up in terms of maintaining high quality products and services for us, it can only drive AA to maintain or improve on their high quality products in their lineup.

After all, this is an informational thread- post some vids!