BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > stock to fbo with dyno

11-06-2023, 11:43 AM   #23
Joebie
Grandmaster
Rep
Drives: 2018 ///M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianM2 View Post
I will change my plugs, the previous owner claimed they were two year old plugs but not many km driven on them. What does everyone recommend for plugs?
My friend says to use the NGK 97506 but spark plugs are often highly debated

FWIW

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=33
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2023, 03:55 PM   #24
Kiddvegas
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Did you actually look at your log? I’ll start this by saying that Intercooler is meh at best, and I stand by my recommendations to - Kiddvegas

Your street log shows you making basically 14psi (vs 16-17psi in the dyno log) so you likely ran it in comfort mode, but it still noted IAT increase towards the end of the run.

Next is the links I provided you in your prior thread where is shows in 30F weather, an increase of 17-20f+ over ambient. It only gets worse the longer the drive is, and the hotter it is outside.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2049782

FYI my car can be literally at ambient for 10-15 mins of my drive (ambients in the 70s to 80s) but after driving for 10-15 mis, under and around 10F. Not everyone needs what I have but I would pay the same money on the CTS vs another option that performs better.
Us Canadian boys do have that chilly cold air, but that air is getting warm quick.
I’d assume the cts core is just the usual AliExpress junk with their logo casted in the end tanks, I bought mine during the Covid craziness when no one had anything in stock, and because CTS headquarters is a few blocks away from my crib it made sense at the time, But it’s been sitting ever since.

On the topic of temperature rise though, I wanna say I read that in the development of Speedtech’s bottom mount N55 turbo kit, they ran the stock Intercooler and it actually did okay. It’s wild to see a full frame turbo make a substantial difference in keeping ait’s down with all that extra flow.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2023, 08:15 PM   #25
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddvegas View Post
Us Canadian boys do have that chilly cold air, but that air is getting warm quick.
I’d assume the cts core is just the usual AliExpress junk with their logo casted in the end tanks, I bought mine during the Covid craziness when no one had anything in stock, and because CTS headquarters is a few blocks away from my crib it made sense at the time, But it’s been sitting ever since.

On the topic of temperature rise though, I wanna say I read that in the development of Speedtech’s bottom mount N55 turbo kit, they ran the stock Intercooler and it actually did okay. It’s wild to see a full frame turbo make a substantial difference in keeping ait’s down with all that extra flow.
I believe it's possible. When CSF went with a bigger intercooler core, it flowed more than the stock core (this is on the B/S58) that it actually increased the efficiency of the turbo itself allowing it to run cooler. This was in addition to cooling efficiency being increased through the intercooler core itself.

The idea is that more efficient the turbo is, the cooler it can run.
      11-06-2023, 10:29 PM   #26
Mr_M//
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2/M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianM2 View Post
It was MST V2 for whoever asked!

Update on the car, seems to me my HPFP can’t keep up with the S2 91acn file, so a Dorch S1 upgrade is possibly in order.

https://bootmod3.net/log?id=65440fc5fd77326f26c902be

Also about the IC, I was just looking at a log out on the street and 3rd 3000rpm wot until the 6500rpm in 4th gear it raised from 46-54 Fahrenheit. Ambient temp was approx 40 degrees
Flex fuel kit is worth it, and Dorch stage 1.5 is definitely a good add on to what you have already, but I think you should do stage 2.5, it’s nice to get a hpfp that you would not change later on. I can definitely see an upgraded turbo in your future mods
Speedtech top mount G35|Motive| Reflex plus | Wagner EVO 3 | BMP manifold | Dorch Stage 2 HPFP | PI | Precision Racework stage 4V2 LPFP | BendCalibration Flex Fuel Kit |turner catch can| HRE 20” \Apex 18” wheels| ECUTEK tuned by bendCalibration|ohlins suspension
IG Modded_M2
Appreciate 1