BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > CG VSC1 Valve Controller install question

10-20-2023, 06:29 PM   #1
luxo
Private
Rep
Drives: LBB 18' M2

CG VSC1 Valve Controller install question

In the installation instructions it notes to connect it to the exhaust hanger, but shows an exhaust hanger with two nuts whereas the M2 only has one nut. For those that have the valve controller installed, did you attach the box using the hanger nut or install it on top of the valve itself? This is for the OG M2 and I have a Remus exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 03:58 AM   #2
TheHaze
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2

I have the same exhaust and valve controller. I removed the nut for the exhaust hanger above the valve, installed the controller on the stud, and then ran the nut back on. Not sure if they changed the design in the past few years, though.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 05:47 PM   #3
luxo
Private
Rep
Drives: LBB 18' M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaze View Post
I have the same exhaust and valve controller. I removed the nut for the exhaust hanger above the valve, installed the controller on the stud, and then ran the nut back on. Not sure if they changed the design in the past few years, though.
Thanks. Just installed it the same way and it fit perfect.
Appreciate 0