BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > To whoever beat me to Monrovia BMW this evening for the MY17 MG

06-08-2017, 08:11 PM   #1
lax01
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

To whoever beat me to Monrovia BMW this evening for the MY17 MG

Well done...car would have been mine if I was 45 minutes early. Snooze you lose. Well done
Appreciate 1
ORIGIN M.3159.50
      06-08-2017, 09:07 PM   #2
bartginger
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

That sucks; I hope you find another one quickly. Maybe in the future this will turn out to have been a fortunate event -
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2017, 10:12 PM   #3
M2 Blur
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Sorry to hear... If you find the car, put a hold on it with a credit card. That's worked for me twice. The car is marked sold, pending paperwork.

I've gone as far as working with the loan officer over the phone, completing the paperwork, less the signature. The dealer drove the car to me, I signed the paperwork and had my car the same day.

It's a new car. You don't need to see it. You know what you're getting. Jump on it and explore all of your options.
Appreciate 1
ORIGIN M.3159.50
      06-08-2017, 10:15 PM   #4
lax01
Major
Rep

Hah I offered to put a deposit via CC to hold the car. They had too much interest in the car and claimed first one to sign the papers got the car.

I have an existing Week 25 build allocation with another dealer so it's not a huge deal. I just thought it was funny that it came down to a 30 minute time difference
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 09:55 AM   #5
bartginger
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
Hah I offered to put a deposit via CC to hold the car. They had too much interest in the car and claimed first one to sign the papers got the car.

I have an existing Week 25 build allocation with another dealer so it's not a huge deal. I just thought it was funny that it came down to a 30 minute time difference
Oh, I get it now. I was feeling really sorry for you and did not know about these other facts. So you had an allocation (which means a deal) for an M2 at another dealer (meaning the car had been all spec-ed out and most likely you put a deposit down). If you had snagged the car from dealer #2 you would have then had to call the other dealer to cancel the allocation you had and ask them for your money back, and they would have had to find another buyer for the car. People complain about dealership "shady tactics" all the time but never want to take a look at their own behavior.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 10:07 AM   #6
lax01
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartginger View Post
Oh, I get it now. I was feeling really sorry for you and did not know about these other facts. So you had an allocation (which means a deal) for an M2 at another dealer (meaning the car had been all spec-ed out and most likely you put a deposit down). If you had snagged the car from dealer #2 you would have then had to call the other dealer to cancel the allocation you had and ask them for your money back, and they would have had to find another buyer for the car. People complain about dealership "shady tactics" all the time but never want to take a look at their own behavior.
lol wow...how is that being shady? The deposit is refundable...I didn't sign anything saying I was obligated to buy the car. In fact, the car is still configurable at this point.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 10:13 AM   #7
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

What was the price of the car?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 10:15 AM   #8
bartginger
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
lol wow...how is that being shady? The deposit is refundable...I didn't sign anything saying I was obligated to buy the car. In fact, the car is still configurable at this point.
I didn't say you were shady. I said people complain that dealerships are shady. You had an allocation. You had a car coming. You had an agreement with a dealership and your M2 was on the way. Yet, you would deprive someone else of their right to buy a car and that dealership the right to sell them one, and then give up your allocation. I waited six months to get my allocation so I could get the car I wanted in the configuration I wanted. I had a deal, in writing, for a car and would not have bought a car elsewhere while I waited. All I meant to say to you is I felt sorry for you before I had knowledge of all the relevant facts. Now I don't feel sorry for you any more.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 10:22 AM   #9
CommitConfirm
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: The Bus

Garage List
Lol. I can see both sides of the debate..... all is fair in love, war, motorcars & property.
Appreciate 2
      06-09-2017, 10:27 AM   #10
lax01
Major
Rep

Quote:
I didn't say you were shady. I said people complain that dealerships are shady. You had an allocation. You had a car coming. You had an agreement with a dealership and your M2 was on the way. Yet, you would deprive someone else of their right to buy a car and that dealership the right to sell them one, and then give up your allocation. I waited six months to get my allocation so I could get the car I wanted in the configuration I wanted. I had a deal, in writing, for a car and would not have bought a car elsewhere while I waited. All I meant to say to you is I felt sorry for you before I had knowledge of all the relevant facts. Now I don't feel sorry for you any more.
hah and I really wasn't looking for pity (it was more of a joke thread, seriously)...and I actually wasn't upset at all.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 10:27 AM   #11
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
I kinda of agree. Being bitter about not buying an M2 because of being 45 minutes late when the OP has already an M2 on order! Little selfish hehe.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 11:34 AM   #12
mike in o.c.
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 M / 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
I doubt that dealer would have any trouble selling that car.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 12:17 PM   #13
lax01
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
I kinda of agree. Being bitter about not buying an M2 because of being 45 minutes late when the OP has already an M2 on order! Little selfish hehe.
I guess I should have made it more obvious that I wasn't bitter...
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 01:38 PM   #14
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

The same thing happened to me but I didn't have a allocation. However, I had the opportunity to get the car weekend before. I wasn't satisfied with what they were going to offer for my trade (2016 M235i) and had made up my mind, before test driving; that I wasn't going for a deal like that.

I remember sitting in my car down the road and almost going back.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 05:25 PM   #15
bartginger
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
On reflection, I apologize for all of my remarks about this situation and sincerely hope you will forgive me. I had the feeling I should have just shut up and not hit the "send" button after I had typed all that but I just hit the button anyway. It was wrong of me. I am truly sorry...
Appreciate 1
Ramos857.00
      06-09-2017, 08:44 PM   #16
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

Quote:
Quote:
On reflection, I apologize for all of my remarks about this situation and sincerely hope you will forgive me. I had the feeling I should have just shut up and not hit the "send" button after I had typed all that but I just hit the button anyway. It was wrong of me. I am truly sorry...
That has got to be the first apology on a forum in the history of the internet!

Well done sir!
Appreciate 3
      06-09-2017, 11:13 PM   #17
lax01
Major
Rep

Quote:
No worries man! It all worked out in the end...the dealer I had my allocation with also had an available PE and they were willing to sell for MSRP (minus $2k USAA rebate)

With yesterday's semi-disappointment, came's today's success:

Appreciate 6
      06-09-2017, 11:42 PM   #18
bartginger
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That sucks; I hope you find another one quickly. Maybe in the future this will turn out to have been a fortunate event -
Looks like it did!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 04:43 AM   #19
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Quote:
He read you correctly. Just as you implied then you try to worm out of it.

They can sell his allocation easily someone else.
Appreciate 0