BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > KW Clubsport 3-way Coilovers

03-12-2016, 08:29 PM   #23
Hoonigan808
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: VF620 E90 M3

I know you wont be able to see it much unless you really look for it but the yellow and purple is going to look sick on the LBB.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 11:02 AM   #24
KGun
Buffalo Bills Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: (2019 X2 M35i) (2022 Z4 M40)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonigan808
I know you wont be able to see it much unless you really look for it but the yellow and purple is going to look sick on the LBB.
Yea, if you're a big prince fan.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-18-2016, 03:21 PM   #25
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
JRZ won't last very long either but they are much higher performance and you will have good support.
JRZ will last, they are built extremely well. I had my JRZ RS at 18,000 street miles and to be honest I'd need to have a brand new set swapped in to see the difference in performance/comfort.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 03:53 PM   #26
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris82 View Post
JRZ will last, they are built extremely well. I had my JRZ RS at 18,000 street miles and to be honest I'd need to have a brand new set swapped in to see the difference in performance/comfort.
Mine failed, my track buddies failed, and the shop near me switched to MCS because of all the issues (multiple failures in the same way). Quick forum search shows others with the same issues.
Appreciate 2
      03-18-2016, 04:53 PM   #27
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Mine failed, my track buddies failed, and the shop near me switched to MCS because of all the issues (multiple failures in the same way). Quick forum search shows others with the same issues.
Oh, what about them failed? i'm curious. mine made some noise but the fact that they made it to 18k miles on the street without the performance/comfort changing much has to mean something.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 04:55 PM   #28
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris82 View Post
Oh, what about them failed? i'm curious. mine made some noise but the fact that they made it to 18k miles on the street without the performance/comfort changing much has to mean something.
Started making clunking noises and ride quality got worse. They perform really well though when they are fresh, I just think that these dampers are race spec and if you are using them on the street you will need to rebuild fairly often. That goes for any higher performance coilover. I mean they don't even come with dust boots.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 09:03 PM   #29
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Started making clunking noises and ride quality got worse. They perform really well though when they are fresh, I just think that these dampers are race spec and if you are using them on the street you will need to rebuild fairly often. That goes for any higher performance coilover. I mean they don't even come with dust boots.
Yea they definitely are race spec. Even if I go 18k miles on them, shit that's a rebuild every year for me at this point.

Oh well, back on topic, didn't want to bring it off track too much
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 01:16 PM   #30
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: GR Yaris GT4RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris82

Quote:

Well, mine failed 6 times, and yes, It was all repaired under warranty, I must admit the road compliance was outstanding (if functioning). JRZ did all their best, but will I buy it again?

No thanks

Wil I buy the KW coil over?

No thanks

I`ve learned my lesson, I`ll stick to original
Appreciate 1
      03-26-2016, 04:08 PM   #31
dawgdog
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2016 GT3

Quote:
My brother is on his 3rd set of JRZ on his Cayman S. Problematic so far.
      03-26-2016, 04:41 PM   #32
dawgdog
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2016 GT3

Quote:
      04-30-2016, 11:34 AM   #33
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgdog
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 01:08 PM   #34
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
Well, mine failed 6 times, and yes, It was all repaired under warranty, I must admit the road compliance was outstanding (if functioning). JRZ did all their best, but will I buy it again?

No thanks

Wil I buy the KW coil over?

No thanks

I`ve learned my lesson, I`ll stick to original
What about the M-Performance ones? At least that'll be covered by the stealerships (I would hope)
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 02:10 PM   #35
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
What about the M-Performance ones? At least that'll be covered by the stealerships (I would hope)
Well, the JRZ where covered for life, so the KW will not in any way contribute to that.

As a matter of fact I do have more confidence in JRZ than KW although they failed again and again, yes that was annoying to say the least, but the way JRZ resolved things where outstanding, they never broke any promise they made. I had the opportunity to look in their producing facilities in the Netherlands and I can assure you how dedicated they are, the best machinery world wide available are being used, but you for sure must know, JRZ in the USA is BIG and has an outstanding name in racing.

I have the M2 for 2 days now, I do think the current standart M2 damper-spring set up is very very close to the JRZ RS1, there is virtually no rolling and diving, it is by far the best set up compared to al my previous BMW M cars (E46 M3, E92 M3, E82 1M, the last had the JRZ -RS1 coil over) so I definatly pass on the KW-M Performance coil over set.
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2016, 06:59 AM   #36
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
Well, the JRZ where covered for life, so the KW will not in any way contribute to that.

As a matter of fact I do have more confidence in JRZ than KW although they failed again and again, yes that was annoying to say the least, but the way JRZ resolved things where outstanding, they never broke any promise they made. I had the opportunity to look in their producing facilities in the Netherlands and I can assure you how dedicated they are, the best machinery world wide available are being used, but you for sure must know, JRZ in the USA is BIG and has an outstanding name in racing.

I have the M2 for 2 days now, I do think the current standart M2 damper-spring set up is very very close to the JRZ RS1, there is virtually no rolling and diving, it is by far the best set up compared to al my previous BMW M cars (E46 M3, E92 M3, E82 1M, the last had the JRZ -RS1 coil over) so I definatly pass on the KW-M Performance coil over set.
Great feedback. yea, I'd be super happy with the M2 as is. I really would not be that bothered to lower it. Can't say the same for the M3, but at least the 20" wheels fill the arches just a tad better than the 18 or 19"
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2016, 03:14 PM   #37
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I might actually just get camber plates and try out the stock suspension, it also feels quite good to me.
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2016, 09:19 AM   #38
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Great feedback. yea, I'd be super happy with the M2 as is. I really would not be that bothered to lower it. Can't say the same for the M3, but at least the 20" wheels fill the arches just a tad better than the 18 or 19"
+1

Ground clearance stock is just excellent !! Also wheel gap, no complaints IMHO

My 1M on the JRZ-RS1 had only 105mm ground clearance left, it was difficult not the scrape it....
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 05:20 PM   #39
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Beautiful looking kit!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 04:54 AM   #40
jcrb
Not-So-New Member
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 02 E46 M3, 16 F87 M2

Please PM on the price, thanks!

Core of WrongFitmentCocks
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 02:04 AM   #41
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW GENIUS View Post
Who is willing to bet that they aren't hardly any different from the V1/2/3's they currently produce for the 2/3/4er's? Lol
Not even close.
V1-3 are for the street and bling. Nothing wrong with that. The M2 looks so much better lowered a little, IMO.
Clubsport is much more track oriented with comfort being compromised.
The V1-3 have progressive springs and are twin tube shocks. The Clubsports have camber plates and have a linear spring that you can change out to your liking. They're also monotube from everything I've read on them.
The V1-3 have a "life time warranty" while the Clubsports do not.
On top of that, this is a THREE way coilover.

One word of advise for anyone getting coilovers. WAIT a while. For the E9x M3, they all tried to rush to market and they all pretty much had problem and required revisions. MCs, JRZ, KW all had some issues that popped up on the forums. Things seemed to get much better, after a while, but it was a pain for the owners to have to ship parts back and forth and then wait for the manufacturer to fix the problem and then have to install the suspension again and get another alignment.
Also, keep in mind, most of the smaller companies are just using an existing strut and trying to match an acceptable spring and strut valving to the strut. It wasn't necessarily MADE for the specific car.

In the end, who has solid data showing one suspension is "faster" that another? My buddy had Ohlins Road and Track was stuck at a time at a few tracks, so he swapped out to JRZ, hoping to shave off some time... there was minimal difference. He has a data logger and showed how one tire was faster than another for him, but not much difference in the two coilovers.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 06-07-2016 at 02:45 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2018, 09:07 AM   #42
pal
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Bringing this back from the past to see if anyone is running KW’s Clubsport 3 Way setup on their M2 and has some feedback on street and track driving?

I’ve had great luck with KW Coilovers (KW Clubsport 2 Way on my Z4M Coupe for 5 years and countless track days, same setup on my TT RS and about 10-15 track days on it already). Also know others running the same and they love it for the most part. So I am considering the Clubsport 3 Way for the M2.
Appreciate 0