BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > Dirtboy's 6th BMW

11-20-2017, 03:31 PM   #23
Dirtboy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87, F97

Well it finally happened; got my first rock chip. I was driving on the highway and some dumbass contractor had his tailgate down on his pickup. A bucket full of dried concrete and rocks fell out. I was far enough away to see it happen and I swerved to miss the bucket. Thought I missed it all but I guess some rocks hit the front right bumper. So I never followed the guy to get his info. I only noticed the rock chip when I got home, and it looks and feels like it went through the Llumar PPF.

That just pisses me off. I'm a contractor as well. I always make sure all the loose stuff in my truck is secured before I drive anywhere to avoid this kinda crap. This yokel was the stereotypical contractor and didn't give two sh!ts about what was in the back of his truck.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 10:48 PM   #24
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtboy View Post
Well it finally happened; got my first rock chip. I was driving on the highway and some dumbass contractor had his tailgate down on his pickup. A bucket full of dried concrete and rocks fell out. I was far enough away to see it happen and I swerved to miss the bucket. Thought I missed it all but I guess some rocks hit the front right bumper. So I never followed the guy to get his info. I only noticed the rock chip when I got home, and it looks and feels like it went through the Llumar PPF.

That just pisses me off. I'm a contractor as well. I always make sure all the loose stuff in my truck is secured before I drive anywhere to avoid this kinda crap. This yokel was the stereotypical contractor and didn't give two sh!ts about what was in the back of his truck.
I was in the far left lane on the highway going probably a little over 80 and there was a piece of debris in the road, not sure what but it was thin, bent, and twisted probably a foot high so I swerved into the the lane to the right of me to avoid it and a ton of small pieces of something got kicked up by my wheels and it sounded like a shotgun hit the right side of my car. Scratch on the passenger side door. Used Dr Color chip on that. Lower rockers got hit bad near the rear wheel but at least to me it's so low I don't generally see that when I look at the car, and then a big hit on the passenger side rear fender where I had a larger piece of Xpel Ultimate put on. Looks like it tore through the Xpel just like yours. Won't know if it got the paint until it comes off I guess. No way to really improve the look of it either like I could with the actual paint and Dr Color chip.

Sucks, but for me at least, I feel the worst when it's me doing something stupid. If it was pretty much out of my control then I don't feel so bad. I pretty much did what I could. I could have paid for more PPF but at the time I felt like I was spending enough after just buying a new car. So in this case it just feels like an act of god. Stuff is going to happen. I try to be careful but I can't control if when and where there is debris on the highway.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 05:05 AM   #25
bimmersky
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M2

好帥氣的 M2 :涼!:
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2017, 01:34 PM   #26
Dirtboy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Couple of daytime pics showing the 30% Hüper Optik tint.

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 03:14 PM   #27
Dirtboy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Forgot to mention I installed a ProClip/Wizgear magnetic phone mount a couple weeks back.

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 06:48 PM   #28
dragoon
Rep
Drives: 2018 m2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtboy View Post
Forgot to mention I installed a ProClip/Wizgear magnetic phone mount a couple weeks back.

Do you have a link for the mount? I can only find the generic one that slides in the vent. Thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 10:07 PM   #29
Dirtboy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
Do you have a link for the mount? I can only find the generic one that slides in the vent. Thank you!!
I got the ProClip mount here: https://www.proclipusa.com/product/8...ter-dash-mount This is the link for the LCI dash.

I got the Wizgear magnetic holder here: https://www.amazon.com/WizGear-Unive...ywords=wizgear The Wizgear just sticks to the ProClip mount. You can use the 3M tape provided, or glue it like I did.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 12:14 PM   #30
Dirtboy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Just got the seventh BMW, lol. A 2015 X3 for the wife.

She was daily driving the M2, but now she has her own ride. That means I can put more goodies on the M2.

Install of the Fabspeed sport cat took me about 3 hours laying on my back.

Love the way it sounds with the MPE. Quick iPhone video:

Performance mods so far are:
Dinan Stage 4 tune
Dinan turbo
Dinan intercooler
Fabspeed sport cat
M Performance exhaust

Wonder what mods I should do next...

Last edited by Dirtboy; 03-10-2018 at 12:20 PM..
Appreciate 2
      04-07-2018, 08:49 AM   #31
Dirtboy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Installed the Dinan CF intake yesterday in-between tornado warnings and golf ball sized hail. Makes me miss Vegas...

I've also got the PureTurbos inlet pipe ready for installation, just need a weekend off to install it...
Appreciate 1
HTTP 4102105.50