BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Full BMW M2 options / equipment list (+ codes)

09-05-2015, 10:28 AM   #133
Squddie
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4

This is disappointing in the extreme. I was so looking forward to the M2.

In my case things stop being acceptable right here:
  • Seats. Crappy. Whatever. But I want better than "Dakota" leather.
  • Not only does the HK audio in the 2-series manage to be even worse than it already is elsewhere, even in the M2 I won't get any better - but they are still charging the same $875 premium. Early 2-series buyers got a $300-something refund at least. But don't think they adjusted the price.
  • The engine has to do something a bit more special than just a couple HP.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 11:34 AM   #134
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rGrl View Post
Right....so I'm also considering the M240i. Not a significant HP difference: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/bm...wer-99521.html
As it has been said about a thousand times the engine power figure isn't the biggest draw of the M2. It is the complete package with chassi, engine, gearbox, LSD etc that brings it to another level over a M235i not matter tuned or not.
Appreciate 2
Bosozoku693.50
      09-05-2015, 05:29 PM   #135
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rGrl View Post
Right....so I'm also considering the M240i. Not a significant HP difference: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/bm...wer-99521.html
Curious if you've driven an M-car before? The handling difference between an M-car and any other BMW is significant. Whether or not that is important depends on the individual buyer. If the chassis improvements of an M-car aren't important to you, then you'd be crazy to pay the extra money for an M2. Just buy the M240i and get the PPK (Performance Power Kit) when it comes out.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 2
Bosozoku693.50
      09-08-2015, 10:33 AM   #136
blefevre
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track Car, (M2 sold)

Well I was in Germany for the past week and kept my eye out for M2's rolling around. Sadly nothing I went past the M facility at the Nurburgring two different days and around 5 times each day. My wife got annoyed...
Appreciate 2
      09-08-2015, 10:59 AM   #137
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blefevre View Post
Well I was in Germany for the past week and kept my eye out for M2's rolling around. Sadly nothing I went past the M facility at the Nurburgring two different days and around 5 times each day. My wife got annoyed...
You're lucky she only got "annoyed." Here's a, purportedly, recent "spyshot." You, obviously, missed this neighborhood. Sort of a seedy looking area, so, can't say as I blame you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 11:08 AM   #138
miiipilot
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 Brooklyn Grey 6mt

I just spoke to Classic BMW in Cleveland, OH and the CA just told me the M2 does not exist. There is no M2 SOP, let alone a delay in that SOP. They don't have an official wait either b/c QUOTE, "There is no car!"

Could this have any validity at all? Out of the 1/2 dozen dealerships I've contacted, this is the only dealership that has told me "There is no car"

As you all are too...I AM TIRED OF WAITING
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 11:12 AM   #139
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by miiipilot View Post
I just spoke to Classic BMW in Cleveland, OH and the CA just told me the M2 does not exist. There is no M2 SOP, let alone a delay in that SOP. They don't have an official wait either b/c QUOTE, "There is no car!"

Could this have any validity at all? Out of the 1/2 dozen dealerships I've contacted, this is the only dealership that has told me "There is no car"

What has the highest probability... Classic BMW in Cleveland doesn't now what they are talking about or BMW has cancelled the M2?
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2015, 11:20 AM   #140
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:

They're idiots. That's all there is to say about them.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2015, 11:43 AM   #141
sth519
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M135i → M2 → i4

They're not idiots. As far as BMW goes, there has been no public aknowledgement of the M2 whatsoever, and to my knowledge, the car hasn't been presented to dealers yet by BMW.

Of course everybody knows that it's coming – some dealers or importers in some countries might even already have some information and HEA order sheets, but that's still all internal stuff.

That's not to say BMW hasn't already cranked up the hype machine. I mean driving a fleet of M2s through the center of San Francisco is technically testing, but I'm pretty sure there are less conspicuous routes to take. BMW want's the enthusiasts to know that something is coming, but that's all. There has been no official word yet and any dealer who claims they haven't heard about an M2 is probably right.

BMW only gives their dealers the information they need at a given point in time, since they know that everything that is communicated to dealer will eventually end up on places like Bimmerpost.

And to quote my dealer: "The internet communities are usually much better informed than we are."

Those dealers that already make lists for the M2 CSL? I'd bet they don't even know if that car will even exist. But there's nothing to lose for them by taking reservations, so many dealers will be glad to write you name down. After all, it's a potential high-margin sale.

Last edited by sth519; 09-10-2015 at 11:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 11:46 AM   #142
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
If that dealership persists, then I see an opportunity for you to make an interesting bet:
"Your commitment: if the F87 M2 goes on sale in 2016, then you shall offer me one in [COLOR] with [TRANSMISSION TYPE] - with a right of first refusal for me - at MSRP minus 15%.
My commitment: if the F87 M2 won't go on sale in 2016 then [YOUR QUID PRO QUO]."
Challenge them. Get it in writing. They will be toast, haha.
      09-10-2015, 02:58 PM   #143
miiipilot
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 Brooklyn Grey 6mt

I sent him email with the link to the production schedule listed on this site somewhere. Here is his response:

"I think what needs to be realized is that bimmerpost, any forum, or any other online source are only rumors and speculation – they rely on leaks and it’s simply just not official BMW info. This type of information (your link) is indeed privileged information meant to be between only manufacturer and dealer. I cannot share that info because frankly it’s just not worth the risk: it’s not worth it to me to be possibly punished by BMW and/or my dealership. I would love to have you buy an M2 from me – hell I would very likely want one myself (probably need 4 door though…) – so please believe that if I were able to take an order from you on an M2 I absolutely would!

BMW’s online dealer portal is called “DCSnet” and “CenterNet”… I wasn’t sure if I knew where to find the production schedule there, but I did find MY16 schedule. The document I can see is different than the document you linked me to. I would suspect that either a CA dealer has different info than we do, or that someone just made it up. It’s a simple excel document, someone with nothing better to do could easily see this and add a “F87 M2” line. The schedule I'm looking at has no M2 listed. I'm sure this document also would look the same for European and US dealers so who knows where it could have came from.

I’m not saying bimmerpost has false info, but I can only go by what info my manager tells me and what info I myself can find on DCSnet/CenterNet. So as far as I can see, the M2 does not exist! But like I said if we see any changes or announcements or documents I’ll let you know!"

Classic BMW & MINI
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 04:39 PM   #144
blefevre
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track Car, (M2 sold)

I thought we already established that the SOP was removed from the BMW system - at least in the US. My dealer confirmed this too. They too saw a November date a while back but then one day it disappeared. Now they have zero "official" information from BMW. It's not on the list anywhere. That's why they won't take deposits anymore at my dealer. There is a list, but no cash deposits.

As long as test mules are still spotted we know the car is coming eventually, but I agree with the dealers on this one...if they see nothing they shouldn't claim it's coming.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 04:47 PM   #145
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
I sent him email with the link to the production schedule listed on this site somewhere. Here is his response:

"I think what needs to be realized is that bimmerpost, any forum, or any other online source are only rumors and speculation – they rely on leaks and it’s simply just not official BMW info. This type of information (your link) is indeed privileged information meant to be between only manufacturer and dealer. I cannot share that info because frankly it’s just not worth the risk: it’s not worth it to me to be possibly punished by BMW and/or my dealership. I would love to have you buy an M2 from me – hell I would very likely want one myself (probably need 4 door though…) – so please believe that if I were able to take an order from you on an M2 I absolutely would!

BMW’s online dealer portal is called “DCSnet” and “CenterNet”… I wasn’t sure if I knew where to find the production schedule there, but I did find MY16 schedule. The document I can see is different than the document you linked me to. I would suspect that either a CA dealer has different info than we do, or that someone just made it up. It’s a simple excel document, someone with nothing better to do could easily see this and add a “F87 M2” line. The schedule I'm looking at has no M2 listed. I'm sure this document also would look the same for European and US dealers so who knows where it could have came from.

I’m not saying bimmerpost has false info, but I can only go by what info my manager tells me and what info I myself can find on DCSnet/CenterNet. So as far as I can see, the M2 does not exist! But like I said if we see any changes or announcements or documents I’ll let you know!"

Classic BMW & MINI
Name:  Magritte.jpg
Views: 1483
Size:  53.4 KB
      09-10-2015, 06:23 PM   #146
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Saying the M2 doesn't exist would be like saying the iPhone 6s, iPad pro, and apple tv update didn't exist last week before the announcement....never mind the massive leaks that all turned out to be true lol.
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2015, 10:49 AM   #147
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
Saying the M2 doesn't exist would be like saying the iPhone 6s, iPad pro, and apple tv update didn't exist last week before the announcement....never mind the massive leaks that all turned out to be true lol.
Exactly. And this is definitely not the M2. All speculation on our part

miiipilot, if you are absolutely 100% wanting one when they come out, I'd find another dealership that will play ball. If you are OK with seeing what happens in the next couple of months, then that works too.

I've got my name down just in case, but not in a giant rush to get one.
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2015, 02:42 PM   #148
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Exactly. And this is definitely not the M2. All speculation on our part
Wait a second, all that real life testing is merely collecting data for the programmers of the future Gran Turismo 7 videogame, in order to optimize the driving dynamics of the virtual world M2.

09-15-2015, 11:06 AM   #149
M3 n X5M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 M, 2008 e90 M3 6 MT.

Quote:

Guys, just because our colleague on the forum was told this information by his dealer, and he is relaying it here, does not mean we should be so critical of this report.

Miiipilot, it sounds to me like this may not be correct. It is good that you share what you know with us. However, from the spyshots and all the rumors and "inside infromation" from interviews etc, it seems the M2 is coming.

Is the car in the system to identify like say the M4 GTS was a little ahead of schedule? No. But that is not a concern. The important thing is there is a market for this car, and the manufacturer is hinting through allowed observations on open roads that the new M2 car is coming.

All of us reading the M2 threads are anxious to know more, just like you.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 01:46 PM   #150
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
As it has been said about a thousand times the engine power figure isn't the biggest draw of the M2. It is the complete package with chassis, engine, gearbox, LSD etc that brings it to another level over a M235i not matter tuned or not.
+1

If you find the time, read again this early 1M review (May 13, 2011):
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/13/2...-drive-review/

The conclusion was spot on:
"So, which of the two is quicker around Monticello's south course? The more agile 1M Coupe takes the corners, while the more powerful M3 takes the straights – yet, overall, the pair are unbelievably close on this circuit. Lacking telemetry, we honestly don't know which is quicker. However, it is obvious that the new car is more engaging and more enjoyable to drive. Offered the choice between the two, seeking a weekend track racer that will see double-duty as a work commuter, we would take this new 1M Coupe over a BMW M3 Competition.
[...]
BMW doesn't appear to be focusing on whether or not its newest offering is the quickest, fastest or best-handling vehicle in this highly competitive segment. Instead, they bring up the 1988 E30 M3 – the spiritual predecessor to the new 1 Series M Coupe. That car, incredibly successful when homologated for racing, was also lightweight, nimble and an absolute joy to drive.
In similar manner, what makes the 2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupe so special isn't found in charts, numbers or statistics. Instead, its appeal is discovered once you settle into the supportive bucket seats behind the thick steering wheel. Its allure is captured in the masterful combination of a torque-laden engine mated to a lightweight rear-wheel-drive platform controlled with a traditional manual transmission – the little coupe with the big flares is old school retro-cool and deliciously fun to drive. The new BMW 1 Series M Coupe doesn't target boy-racers, it targets enthusiasts."
Let's see whether this philosophy also trickled down to the M2.
      09-15-2015, 02:19 PM   #151
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
+1

"So, which of the two is quicker around Monticello's south course? The more agile 1M Coupe takes the corners, while the more powerful M3 takes the straights – yet, overall, the pair are unbelievably close on this circuit. Lacking telemetry, we honestly don't know which is quicker. However, it is obvious that the new car is more engaging and more enjoyable to drive. Offered the choice between the two, seeking a weekend track racer that will see double-duty as a work commuter, we would take this new 1M Coupe over a BMW M3 Competition.
[...]
BMW doesn't appear to be focusing on whether or not its newest offering is the quickest, fastest or best-handling vehicle in this highly competitive segment. Instead, they bring up the 1988 E30 M3 – the spiritual predecessor to the new 1 Series M Coupe. That car, incredibly successful when homologated for racing, was also lightweight, nimble and an absolute joy to drive.
In similar manner, what makes the 2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupe so special isn't found in charts, numbers or statistics. Instead, its appeal is discovered once you settle into the supportive bucket seats behind the thick steering wheel. Its allure is captured in the masterful combination of a torque-laden engine mated to a lightweight rear-wheel-drive platform controlled with a traditional manual transmission – the little coupe with the big flares is old school retro-cool and deliciously fun to drive. The new BMW 1 Series M Coupe doesn't target boy-racers, it targets enthusiasts."
Hmmm

"The 1M signals a return to driving-focused enjoyment, not to mention it's as fast as the M3 and costs way less.

But is it better? Lieberman and I agree: No. This big, heavy, and expensive M3, with its unflappable confidence and lascivious powertrain, is the car we want, the car we'll remember as the best of the naturally aspirated Ms. It's the one we'll tell young gearheads about in a few decades with the same fondness and reverence as given its E30 ancestor. The 1M doesn't measure up to the M3's standard. Few cars do."

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...n/viewall.html

I'm really starting to be torn between the F87 and F80
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2015, 06:52 PM   #152
Hazey82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by W///
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
+1

[...]
Hmmm

"The 1M signals a return to driving-focused enjoyment, not to mention it's as fast as the M3 and costs way less.

But is it better? Lieberman and I agree: No. This big, heavy, and expensive M3, with its unflappable confidence and lascivious powertrain, is the car we want, the car we'll remember as the best of the naturally aspirated Ms. It's the one we'll tell young gearheads about in a few decades with the same fondness and reverence as given its E30 ancestor. The 1M doesn't measure up to the M3's standard. Few cars do."

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...n/viewall.html

I'm really starting to be torn between the F87 and F80
I'm with you mate. I'm in that current dilemma now. It really comes down to choice and being happy with the decision. I know that I could put myself out of misery and get the F80 and be satisfied I've got a complete full valued M car in my eyes and the only doubt to critique my decision would be is it too big, have I overstretched my budget the extra 20k aud and the M2 gets hailed as the perfect drivers car BMW has to offer and gets rave reviews. If I go M2 will I feel short changed not being satisfied with full M bits that make me feel good such as CF roof, seats and hood dome.

It's all a choice and how you interpret things now and after the fact. For me it's working out which is a priority and one I can be satisfied the most with so as not to look back. If I go F80 I need to stop following the M2 and not get involved in any potential hype that comes in the future.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 07:09 PM   #153
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazey82 View Post
I'm with you mate. I'm in that current dilemma now. It really comes down to choice and being happy with the decision. I know that I could put myself out of misery and get the F80 and be satisfied I've got a complete full valued M car in my eyes and the only doubt to critique my decision would be is it too big, have I overstretched my budget the extra 20k aud and the M2 gets hailed as the perfect drivers car BMW has to offer and gets rave reviews. If I go M2 will I feel short changed not being satisfied with full M bits that make me feel good such as CF roof, seats and hood dome.

It's all a choice and how you interpret things now and after the fact. For me it's working out which is a priority and one I can be satisfied the most with so as not to look back. If I go F80 I need to stop following the M2 and not get involved in any potential hype that comes in the future.
Agreed! There's no doubt in my mind that the M2 will be the more fun car of the 2, I really believe that. However, the M3 will have more tuning potential (not that it needs more, nor that the M2 is not enough), has the cloth seats I actually want, and is a 4 door. I keep asking myself do I really want 3 coupes? Kind of redundant, even if they are all different cars to one another. But then again aiming to get a car just because it has 4 doors is pretty stupid too.

I guess what it'll come down to is how they price the M2. I have to feel like I'm getting my money's worth I guess.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 07:22 PM   #154
Hazey82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 Comp

Yep I figure I've waited this long surely I can wait another 4 weeks until the reveal or future spies in between. I posted in the other thread that shows a probable comparison of the m235i racing and the recent LBB pic and I think this is really how the rear will look on the M2 and this makes me happy.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0