BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > BMW M2 Competition: production, order dates, engine specs & more (pre-launch info)

Closed Thread

09-07-2017, 09:03 PM   #771
mtoosexy
Captain
Rep
Drives: It like I stole It.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by just blaze View Post
I like that nod to Top Gun lol
I put that in there especially for you Glad it wasn't wasted!
      09-08-2017, 12:57 AM   #772
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

The sound appeal of the N55 is well overplayed and so is the displeasing sound of the S55.

If people want sound go back to cars with the N54 which sounds better than the N55.

Even better go back to the E90 series...which the V8 sounds hard and solid every time you apply throttle.

The S55 ZCP sounds better than the standard S55 is because of the tune rather than the MPE. The muffler is there is to filter sound but can't add sound if the engine is not producing it. So no V8 or V10 or V12 sound is available with any exhaust system placed on the S55 or N55.

The S55 M2 CS has the potential to sound even better than the M4 ZCP with MPE if they get the tune right. I am sure having the right balance of 'appropriate sound' both from inside the cabin and from outside is one of the engineering objective that they have to tick off on.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2017, 10:18 AM   #773
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Guess what will happen with your chips, stefan .

Attachment 1686682
Hahaha all on black? Maybe. If I am wrong, I will not be happy as someone taking a late October delivery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
This is clearly subjective, and I do hope it sounds better than the base f80's. Hopefully on par with comp pack or M4CS sound.

But honestly I don't think it's as bad as most opinions on here.

I had the chance to swap with an M2 owner; me in his N55 M2 with MPE and him in my 1M with MadDad mid pipes. I was excited to drive the M2 and also hear the MPE. Honestly, close your eyes and all I can think of is Ford F-350 diesel! Not sure what everyone is so excited about. I wasn't impressed with the N55 sound.

Sure it's subjective. I had the completely opposite experience as you where everytime I hear an M4 it either sounds like a diesel (stock) or a civic with a fart can (exhaust).

Look I think all new BMWs sound like utter garbage but you gotta acknowledge how terrible the M4 sounds. I don't know what's involved in engineering better sound but I have no doubt it could come at the cost of efficiency or peak power. I have owned many NA M cars and nothing will ever compare of course.
      09-09-2017, 01:13 PM   #774
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Ok, I was able to find a real life Sunset Orange X1 and compare it to a M3 in Sakhir Orange. The sunset orange is amazingly similar to Sakhir. Sunset orange has a small amount more of metal flake, while the Sakhir seems to look more like a metallic lacquer paint. Both are incredible!

Sunset is on par with Long Beach Blue - as Long Beach Blue changes color in different types of light.

Sunset Orange gets my vote! I also saw Valencia, which doesn't have the same sparkle as these two do.
Attached Images

09-09-2017, 03:18 PM   #775
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

I really thought I'd place an order for orange in any variation offered. However, I'll be ordering silver. I'm thinking orange stitching.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2017, 04:50 PM   #776
DocB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

M2 CS Limited to just 1000 units

http://www.thedrive.com/sheetmetal/1...ts-report-says
2015 435 GC
2015 X1
2016 X1
2018 ///M2
2020 M340i
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2017, 05:00 PM   #777
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

See post #702 of this thread for some of my thoughts.
      09-09-2017, 05:05 PM   #778
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
Ok, I was able to find a real life Sunset Orange X1 and compare it to a M3 in Sakhir Orange. The sunset orange is amazingly similar to Sakhir. Sunset orange has a small amount more of metal flake, while the Sakhir seems to look more like a metallic lacquer paint. Both are incredible!
Sunset is on par with Long Beach Blue - as Long Beach Blue changes color in different types of light.
Sunset Orange gets my vote! I also saw Valencia, which doesn't have the same sparkle as these two do.
2er with 'Sunset Orange' color in this thread: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1415613 ("Sunset Orange vs Valencia Orange")

Two videos:

09-09-2017, 05:10 PM   #779
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2CS, M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
At the end of their article they quoted a Spanish article as source: https://www.motor.es/noticias/nuevos...bmw-m2-cs.html.

That Spanish article mainly recaps, almost word for word, all the recent info stated in the first post of this thread, with three exceptions:
  • claimed maximum power output of 405 hp: ("Como ya te hemos contado en algunas ocasiones, el nuevo BMW M2 CS montará el motor de gasolina S55 de 3.0 litros con una potencia máxima de 405 CV y que supone un incremento de 40 CV en comparación con el M2 convencional que monta el motor de gasolina TwinPower Turbo de seis cilindros en línea N55 que homologa una potencia de 370 CV.").
    However, 370 hp + 40 hp = 410 hp. As a matter of fact, the "302" kW figure of the mystery VIN referenced in the first post of this thread = 405 hp (mech) = 410.6 hp (metric). The Spanish article either mixes up those figures or writes for a US public.
  • claimed limited production of 1000 units and a numbered plaque: likely another mix-up with the rumored 999 figure for the mystery M2 GTS (still uncertain whether that car will ever see the light - no real signs of life yet, if ever). Sources at the German 2erTalk forum indicated last April that the M2 CS isn't supposed to be limited production, which sounds to make sense except if BMW has changed its mind in the meantime. I keep believing unlimited production till M2 end of production (2020).
  • the last paragraph about some changes to front end, rear end and brakes: likely educated guessing.
its just another piece of evidence that these websites and magazines have nothing to do but plagiarise the forums and make shi#t up based on what some random people are chatting about. it just proves that these people have no clue and no credibility or contacts...they go on like they are well conected.
Appreciate 4
Gatte1193.00
akkando5860.00
StephGOD218.50
      09-09-2017, 05:41 PM   #780
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Was on 2ertalk. There has been a lot of activity in the past few days about the CS (Competition) and the CSL (GTS).

Apparently, the CS is really the competition model with about a 20 HP power bump. This is what @ynguldyn had mentioned a while ago as well. The real upgrade would be the CSL/GTS which would come out in 2019 and that would be a year before end of production for the current M2.

I guess we'll know if the M2 GTS/CSL is coming based on the upgrades that the CS (Competition) gets.I guess both these cars are being tested concurrently and if we see another version of the M2 still testing when the M2 CS is announced, we can safely assume that there is something else in the offing.

Best case scenario would be for BMW to reveal/announce the Competition and the CSL at the same time and price the CSL at around 80K USD. I won't even complain about the transmission.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2017, 06:15 PM   #781
csbear
Major
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

The Sunset Orange is growing on me a little after seeing that X1 pic. It seems somewhat conservative for an orange, but doesn't seem too far from Sakhir.

But Hockenheim Silver is what I am most interested in seeing (officially).. I have never been a silver guy for cars, so it is going to take something special for me to order that. I think this will be a good one though after seeing all the renders in this thread.

San Marino Blue would have been my top choice..but oh well. I just love that color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
Was on 2ertalk. There has been a lot of activity in the past few days about the CS (Competition) and the CSL (GTS).
Apparently, the CS is really the competition model with about a 20 HP power bump. This is what @ynguldyn had mentioned a while ago as well. The real upgrade would be the CSL/GTS which would come out in 2019 and that would be a year before end of production for the current M2.
I will likely be ordering the M2 CS (especially since I am #1 on my dealer's list), but I am not going to lie, I am salivating over the possibility of a CSL (GTS) M2. If BMW doesn't f it up, on paper at least, we are talking the best driver's car by a long shot in their lineup. And if they price it around 80K, I will do an immediate trade-in for that car. Now the only problem is making sure I am on the short list.

Last edited by csbear; 09-09-2017 at 06:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2017, 06:17 PM   #782
kab_m2
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i, X1 25i, M2 LCI

Quote:
Apparently, the CS is really the competition model with about a 20 HP power bump.
I think the consensus is that the CS is also the Competition (name interchangeable) as opposed to the ZCP competition PACK.

Also the HP bump will likely be 40HP not 20
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2017, 06:55 PM   #783
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:

I guess we'll know if the M2 GTS/CSL is coming based on the upgrades that the CS (Competition) gets.I guess both these cars are being tested concurrently and if we see another version of the M2 still testing when the M2 CS is announced, we can safely assume that there is something else in the offing.

Best case scenario would be for BMW to reveal/announce the Competition and the CSL at the same time and price the CSL at around 80K USD. I won't even complain about the transmission.
It's a great thread but no new info,just more speculation.

https://translate.google.ca/translat...www.2ertalk.de
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2017, 06:57 PM   #784
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csbear View Post
The Sunset Orange is growing on me a little after seeing that X1 pic. It seems somewhat conservative for an orange, but doesn't seem too far from Sakhir.

But Hockenheim Silver is what I am most interested in seeing (officially).. I have never been a silver guy for cars, so it is going to take something special for me to order that. I think this will be a good one though after seeing all the renders in this thread.

San Marino Blue would have been my top choice..but oh well. I just love that color.

I will likely be ordering the M2 CS (especially since I am #1 on my dealer's list), but I am not going to lie, I am salivating over the possibility of a CSL (GTS) M2. If BMW doesn't f it up, on paper at least, we are talking the best driver's car by a long shot in their lineup. And if they price it around 80K, I will do an immediate trade-in for that car. Now the only problem is making sure I am on the short list.
I have in writing, that I am number one for the CSL, GTS or the CS with a 1000 USD deposit. I spoke to the SA when we were told that the car would be a CS and not a GTS or CSL and he told me that, I would be number one even if I decided on not getting the CS and waited for the GTS or CSL. I am not sure why BMW would make 2 cars in such low numbers.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2017, 08:52 PM   #785
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
I have in writing, that I am number one for the CSL, GTS or the CS with a 1000 USD deposit. I spoke to the SA when we were told that the car would be a CS and not a GTS or CSL and he told me that, I would be number one even if I decided on not getting the CS and waited for the GTS or CSL. I am not sure why BMW would make 2 cars in such low numbers.
+1. Have the same deal.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 11:18 AM   #786
mtoosexy
Captain
Rep
Drives: It like I stole It.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave
Quote:
+1. Have the same deal.
ditto here
      09-11-2017, 03:06 PM   #787
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2CS, M3CS

I love this, it just shows how incompetent these people are..... I'm sure that's an M2!?!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 03:54 PM   #788
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiysersosae View Post
I love this, it just shows how incompetent these people are..... I'm sure that's an M2!?!
Just a typo - even the video shows M2
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 08:28 PM   #789
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoosexy View Post
ditto here
Likewise, oh at MSRP. I was wondering if they were going to create another list, but seems like a waste of time at this point.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 08:55 PM   #790
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoosexy View Post
ditto here
good to have but let's see what the markups are...
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 11:16 PM   #791
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

1000 units makes no sense given the m4 cs isn't limited. 20hp doesn't make sense because you could extract that from the n55 easily.
      09-12-2017, 12:50 AM   #792
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:

M2 GTS?? Poppycock!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread