BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 vs... > 2020 M2C vs. 2020 ND Mazda Miata

12-02-2022, 03:47 PM   #111
jliuod
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21' M440I

I currently have a 21' M2C and a 19' Miata RF GTS. This will be my 6th Miata. Both cars are 6 speed manual. I think from the "fun" and "value" perspective there is nothing out there that can beat a Miata. I spent maybe about 2k in suspension upgrade and my RF practically rides on rail. Miatas are pretty easy to work on as I do all my own wrenching. One will have a blast driving a Miata without fearing of breaking the law(most of the time). This is the case where you can have more fun driving a slow car fast. Additionally, I can drive my Miata top down all year round here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Picked up a 21' M2C about 4 months ago with only 5,xxx miles. I recently sold a 21' M240I which also had a 6 speed manual. The only reason I sold the M240I was I was able to sell it for what I paid for out the door about a year ago. The car had almost 10k miles.

I actually put down a deposit for a 22' M4 but found out there were no more allocations available for 22'. The other reason I chose not to pursuit the M4 was because BMW decided to raise its MSRP on all its M cars by $3,700. That solidified my decision on looking for a used M2/M2C instead. It was just luck one day I found a newly traded in 21' M2C at a local BMW dealer. Yes, I probably paid a bit more than I should, but this M2C was perfect as it has PPF installed on the front and all the rocker panels. It also has the Zunsport grills for the front center and both sides to protect the radiators. Not a single blemish on the body, and the interior was prestine.

Overall, I am happy with my M2C purchase. Since I purchased the car I have put in an aftermarket larger front swaybar. That further transformed the good handling to great handling. The overall ride in the M2C is a bit harsher than the M240I, but I can live with it as the roads around where I live is not too bad. I feel there is a little more low end torque in my M240I than the M2C, but not much more.

For those on the fence about a Miata there is no question that a Miata is a "FUN" car to drive.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2023, 12:45 AM   #112
keylime503
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, Audi A4 Avant

This thread was a very useful read. I've had my M2C for about 3 years now and I'm considering selling it and getting an ND2 miata instead. I love the M2C but it's just too much car for day to day driving around town. I haven't had the time/desire to go seek out dedicated driving roads in some time, and my track days are few and far between.

I rented an ND2 with the Recaro/Brembo package on Turo last weekend and I was pleasantly surprised by how little drop off I felt in terms of power from the M2C around town and on a few mountain roads.

If the M2C was my only car I would never consider this as the miata is way too impractical. However I split my daily driving 50/50 between my M2C and my A4 wagon so in that sense, I think a miata might work.

It certainly doesn't hurt that I've had 3 straight F chassis BMWs with more or less the same interior and nothing new from BMW appeals to me. Has anyone gone from M2C to Miata, instead of the other way around?
Appreciate 0