BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2 CS Price for the US: $83,600 (plus $995 Destination)

05-03-2020, 07:43 AM   #1783
medphysdave
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS waiting list

Cars showing up for sale in Australia

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/bmw...nce-lifestyles
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 08:08 AM   #1784
///AVM
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post

Dave

Interesting market in Australia . . . appears everything costs double what it does in the U.S. with regard to M2C and M2CS. Have no idea of the financial structure in Australia, including currency exchange, but $120K for an M2C and $165K for an M2CS sounds REALLY expensive in any currency and market. I assume that is why there are so many of each, in relative terms, available.

Best paint to wheel color combo is still HS and black. . . Competition or CS.

Fact that there are so many M2CS available seems to lend credence to notion that prospective buyers are not lined up to obtain M2CS. Multiple factors, of course, including Covid, economy, cost . . . and what I perceive as an overall lack of interest associated with what the M2CS does not offer over the M2C for price differential.

Finally, on the Australian website it indicates 'drive away' which I assume means the M2CS listed are available at dealership? At very least, it appears all are already spec'd and without option for purchaser optioning? If so, how is it possible the M2CS is already available and BMW has yet to even pursue a press release?

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 10:21 AM   #1785
Turbomeister
Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 CS (6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Quote:

Dave

Interesting market in Australia . . . appears everything costs double what it does in the U.S. with regard to M2C and M2CS. Have no idea of the financial structure in Australia, including currency exchange, but $120K for an M2C and $165K for an M2CS sounds REALLY expensive in any currency and market. I assume that is why there are so many of each, in relative terms, available.

Fact that there are so many M2CS available seems to lend credence to notion that prospective buyers are not lined up to obtain M2CS. Multiple factors, of course, including Covid, economy, cost . . . and what I perceive as an overall lack of interest associated with what the M2CS does not offer over the M2C for price differential.

Finally, on the Australian website it indicates 'drive away' which I assume means the M2CS listed are available at dealership? At very least, it appears all are already spec'd and without option for purchaser optioning? If so, how is it possible the M2CS is already available and BMW has yet to even pursue a press release?

///AVM
Quote:
Quote:

Dave

///AVM
160k Australian dollars = 102k USD
      05-03-2020, 11:07 AM   #1786
///AVM
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87 M2CS View Post
Well, I am sure there are other factors in Australian vehicle pricing that make the differences in price significant.

The projected $85K in U.S. for M2CS is already bogus . . . but I am pretty certain even Dave would not consider the M2CS 'exclusive enough' to warrant $102K.

At any rate, clearly Australians are not lined up to get the M2CS, and I would not be surprised to see U.S. dealerships with M2CS sitting on their lot at some point as well.

///AVM

Not that anyone needs this to be pointed out to them, but Covid impact on economy and car sales will become increasingly apparent. Pre-Covid, good luck trying to get a 718 GT4 chassis build. Finding a new, unclaimed GT4 on dealership lot the equivalent of a small miracle. Will be interesting to see how long this one sits still . . .

https://www.porschebeachwood.com/det...5lk289171.html
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 11:18 AM   #1787
Turbomeister
Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Well, I am sure there are other factors in Australian vehicle pricing that make the differences in price significant.

The projected $85K in U.S. for M2CS is already bogus . . . but I am pretty certain even Dave would not consider the M2CS 'exclusive enough' to warrant $102K.

At any rate, clearly Australians are not lined up to get the M2CS, and I would not be surprised to see U.S. dealerships with M2CS sitting on their lot at some point as well.

///AVM

Not that anyone needs this to be pointed out to them, but Covid impact on economy and car sales will become increasingly apparent. Pre-Covid, good luck trying to get a 718 GT4 chassis build. Finding a new, unclaimed GT4 on dealership lot the equivalent of a small miracle. Will be interesting to see how long this one sits still . . .

https://www.porschebeachwood.com/det...5lk289171.html
Assuming that we are talking about a country with at least 25 Million population , and assuming as well that only 70 M2cs only are for the australian market , i dont think that the demand will be lower ! Its 20-25k more than a comp , but only 10K more than a basic M4 , but in a more special package :
      05-03-2020, 12:12 PM   #1788
medphysdave
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

@AVM you are correct. I'd have to jump ship at $102k. Probably lower actually. Im still debating CCB, which I'm guessing would put me at around $95k all in, which seems an ill move. That's going to be too close to c8 Z06 and gets me thinking about a GT3. Currently there isn't another 4 seat car like the M2CS that I feel passionate about.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 05:07 PM   #1789
medphysdave
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_vbkqXJ...d=9xoevam6ibfd

Last edited by medphysdave; 05-03-2020 at 07:40 PM..
Appreciate 1
JustChris11370.00

05-03-2020, 07:15 PM   #1790
///AVM
Major
United_States
Rep

Dave

Not sure I missed something, but all of the above images were the same to my eye?

Other than that, was there something more to the images than 'meets the eye?' They just appeared to be another image of a blue M2Cs with black wheels, suggesting I missed the point of your posting them?

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 07:42 PM   #1791
medphysdave
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dave

Not sure I missed something, but all of the above images were the same to my eye?

Other than that, was there something more to the images than 'meets the eye?' They just appeared to be another image of a blue M2Cs with black wheels, suggesting I missed the point of your posting them?

///AVM
I edited it to just one link. I thought it gave a URL to each of the three pictures, but looks like it goes to the Instagram post and you can swipe to see other two images. Probably the most real world images of MB that I've seen. Had the gold wheels and red calipers.
Appreciate 1
///AVM1391.00

05-03-2020, 07:48 PM   #1792
medphysdave
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I tried some printscreen and crop magic

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 09:13 PM   #1793
Davil
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: Various

Quote:
Quote:

Dave

///AVM
In Australia M2C is USD$70k
M2cs is USD$98k

Drive away means final price including all taxes of which there are many. But Australian average salaries are generally higher than US.

For comparison drive away price on 992 Carrera 2s here is usd$210k

If you click the ad you will see the words "available to order". There no cars in the country.

So it's either click bait to get people to call or perhaps one or two people have dropped out.
Appreciate 1
///AVM1391.00

05-03-2020, 09:16 PM   #1794
///AVM
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Dave

///AVM
In Australia M2C is USD$70k
M2cs is USD$98k

Drive away means final price including all taxes of which there are many. But Australian average salaries are generally higher than US.

For comparison drive away price on 992 Carrera 2s here is usd$210k

If you click the ad you will see the words "available to order". There no cars in the country.

So it's either click bait to get people to call or perhaps one or two people have dropped out.
Thank you Davil.

Good feedback.

///AVM
      05-04-2020, 03:30 AM   #1795
Turbomeister
Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep

Here is with better quality
Attached Images

05-04-2020, 03:43 AM   #1796
Turbomeister
Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep

medphysdave Want more mate?
      05-04-2020, 05:27 AM   #1797
Davil
Major
Australia
Rep

Quote:
medphysdave Want more mate?
I'm still deciding on HS or MB. I change my mind every second day.

I finally saw another HS M2c on the road the other day. I've seen them in every other colour but HS. It looked sensational. He was behind me swapping lanes for a good 10-15 minutes. This was just after I has "decided" on MB. It's funny how you stare at your own car all the time but never really see how it looks on the road. So this was an eye opener. Like a new context that made me love the colour all over again.

One thing I do know is that no way in hell will I be getting those gold wheels. 🤮
Appreciate 1
LBbluem2260.50

05-04-2020, 05:36 AM   #1798
Davil
Major
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Thank you Davil.

Good feedback.

///AVM
Jeez. I just read on the AU forum that some guy picked up a brand new M2C for AUS 92k / USD 58k. I guess this covid thing is having an effect.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 05:40 AM   #1799
Turbomeister
Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
I'm still deciding on HS or MB. I change my mind every second day.

I finally saw another HS M2c on the road the other day. I've seen them in every other colour but HS. It looked sensational. He was behind me swapping lanes for a good 10-15 minutes. This was just after I has "decided" on MB. It's funny how you stare at your own car all the time but never really see how it looks on the road. So this was an eye opener. Like a new context that made me love the colour all over again.

One thing I do know is that no way in hell will I be getting those gold wheels. 🤮
Check some more
Attached Images

05-04-2020, 07:36 AM   #1800
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Sexy Beast!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 07:37 AM   #1801
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i, F25 X3, E36 M3

As set as I am on the MB with gold wheels, I have to admit the murdered out CS with the CCB's is damned hot.
M2 CS (In Production)
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 08:39 AM   #1802
Artemis
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C (BSM)

Quote:
I guess that most dealerships will be cautious: only order an M2 CS if they got a signed order or if they want to keep the car for themselves (showroom car).

05-04-2020, 09:57 AM   #1803
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
The gold wheels IMO look even better under those direct sunlight shots as it appears they are far more faded than the strong yellowish tone the fluorescent lights in showrooms seem to (falsely relative to real-world) accentuate.

All this 'hate' about them here is kinda funny. If you were to just hope over to the Porsche boards you'll see majority of ppl have been going gaga over the - mind you a USD $13K option - gold magnesium wheels on the GT3/2 RS...
Appreciate 2
      05-04-2020, 10:36 AM   #1804
medphysdave
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Thanks for those pics F87 M2CS I think I'm back on the clown car spec.
Appreciate 2