BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > M2 LCI Australia MY2018

10-19-2017, 03:06 AM   #199
jav_au
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

It's all happening for us it seems! I've confirmed that the dealer will receive the car next Monday. I'm picking up next Thursday afternoon. I've been pretty lucky to be able to lock in rencal on Friday to install my m performance body bits and have the ppf, tint and gtechniq paint protection happening on the Saturday and sunday/Monday. it all actually worked out pretty well. finalising finance tomorrow morning so all is well. congrats guys on us all making it to this exciting point! now let's all share how we should drive it during break in as I hear conflicting stories! some say drive it hard out of the box to get rings seated properly etc whilst others say baby it whilst varying the load and not cruising at the same rpm.
Appreciate 1
JLX70.50
      10-19-2017, 03:44 AM   #200
Oxymoron
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI MGM

I've got delivery booked for 2pm tomorrow! 10 days from the port to me.

Tint is getting done Monday. But I forgot to call Rencal to organise HAS install.

I'll share some pics once mods are done. Cannot wait!!!
Appreciate 1
JLX70.50
      10-20-2017, 03:46 PM   #201
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

So folks ... I've lost the wheel lottery ... Conti's for me. And for the three other people that have M2's at Doncaster: no MPP's on any of the cars.

This seems to line up with the poll, which is indicating that most LCI's come with Conti's. It'll be interesting to see what everyone else with cars on the Carmen ended up with!

I've decided that I don't care - I've got Conti's on my X6 and they were a huge step up from whatever crap was on the car when I bought it. Maybe they'll be quieter than MPP's .. and if so, that's a big win. I hate tyre noise!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 04:19 PM   #202
Oxymoron
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI MGM

Contisport 3 on my LCI.

I had Advan AD08r on my M3 and they were amazing in terms of ourtrip grip. Not noticably any louder either. I think I'll be swapping to them on the M2 as well sooner or later.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2017, 03:12 AM   #203
jav_au
Private First Class
Rep

will let you guys k ow what ends up on my car on Thursday. On a side note is anyone here planning to modify their car at all? I'm contemplating exhaust, wheels and suspension however want to ensure I maintain my factory warranty. I know m performance have a coilover kit for m2 but is that technically compliant in Aus? Was going to just drop on eibachs or h and r springs but don't want to run into any issues with warranty claims of needed in the future. same deal with the exhaust and wheels. any advice much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 08:35 AM   #204
jav_au
Private First Class
Rep

Hey guys. I haven't kept up much with the talk of the new m2 models such as the cs or competition or csl etc. however on the main forum there was talk of a s55 competition being released July next year. for those of us receiving LCI n55 what do you make of it? Will our cars take a massive hit in value? I wasn't worried before but am now. I know when BMW did this before in mid cycle on a model the older versions took massive hits. not what I want on my first brand new car to date and definitely the most expensive one!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 05:10 PM   #205
Aust350z
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav_au View Post
Hey guys. I haven't kept up much with the talk of the new m2 models such as the cs or competition or csl etc. however on the main forum there was talk of a s55 competition being released July next year. for those of us receiving LCI n55 what do you make of it? Will our cars take a massive hit in value? I wasn't worried before but am now. I know when BMW did this before in mid cycle on a model the older versions took massive hits. not what I want on my first brand new car to date and definitely the most expensive one!
Based on the pricing of the GTS and CS for the M4 I'm not too worried. I can't see BMW pricing the CS less than $140k or at least in line with a M4 CP drive away price.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 06:43 PM   #206
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I haven't kept up much with the talk of the new m2 models such as the cs or competition or csl etc. however on the main forum there was talk of a s55 competition being released July next year. for those of us receiving LCI n55 what do you make of it? Will our cars take a massive hit in value? I wasn't worried before but am now.
IMHO a lot of the chatter on the main forum is from track enthusiasts who want less weight and more power and see the M2 CS as solving that problem. I haven't bought my M2 for its track ability and I've got no interest in driving it on a track ... therefore, I don't want a track car that will impact my daily driving enjoyment.

And everything else aside, I've bought the car for my enjoyment today If I wait on the next-best-thing, I'll never get any pleasure from driving what is already a really great car.

Personally I really like the engine noise/exhaust note from the M2 (N55) ... and I thoroughly dislike what I have heard from the M4 (with its S55 engine). I doubt I'd be a buyer for an S55 engine. Each to their own of course

Quote:
I know when BMW did this before in mid cycle on a model the older versions took massive hits.
What are you referring too here...? With which model(s) did this occur..? I've not checked, but did the value of second hand M4's go for a slide when BMW introduced the M4 CS...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aust350z View Post
Based on the pricing of the GTS and CS for the M4 I'm not too worried. I can't see BMW pricing the CS less than $140k or at least in line with a M4 CP drive away price.
^ This.

Always worthwhile remembering that AU pricing is significantly different to that overseas. Throw in that our AU market appears to work differently to the views put on the main forum (by way of example, look at how heavily the DCT is preferred here to the manual although we have higher take up rates of performance cars) and I think that BMW Australia would be likely be exploiting a new segment ... and if there is cannibalisation of BMW models going on, its likely to be the M4 that suffers, not the M2.

Enjoy your M2 - its so close now!

Appreciate 1
      10-22-2017, 09:48 PM   #207
nick_stp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17' M2 LCI, 21' X4 M40

Regarding the tyres - haven't seen mine yet, but two M2's I've seen at the dealer all had Conti. Fingers crossed.
Regarding the CS/CSL - my personal opinion aligned with many others on the main forum, same as Aust350z & V.Smurf above. The "regular" model is good enough for me, and I can start enjoying it very soon. Given the S55 sound and a possible big price hike, I think I'll be just fine.

Oxymoron Any photos please?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 11:29 PM   #208
jav_au
Private First Class
Rep

thanks for the feedback guys! I remember reading the e36 and z3m apparently had engine changes mid cycle which hurt values of the earlier versions. however it seems that the m2 version will be the cs and not the competition pack as I feared. a competition pack would hurt us but as you guys say a CS version will be another segment of the market with a price gap. therefore does that mean the base model m2 will actually become rarer as the n55 won't be offered anymore and the s55 variants will be the cs and gts/csl? I believe talk is that they are limited production so perhaps we could be in a better position that I thought? can't wait till Thursday! finalised my finance pretty much and now choosing my insurer. it's crazy the price difference between insurers for this car! I'm getting quotes anywhere from 1300 a year to 3000 a year!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 11:56 PM   #209
nick_stp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
thanks for the feedback guys! I remember reading the e36 and z3m apparently had engine changes mid cycle which hurt values of the earlier versions. however it seems that the m2 version will be the cs and not the competition pack as I feared. a competition pack would hurt us but as you guys say a CS version will be another segment of the market with a price gap. therefore does that mean the base model m2 will actually become rarer as the n55 won't be offered anymore and the s55 variants will be the cs and gts/csl? I believe talk is that they are limited production so perhaps we could be in a better position that I thought? can't wait till Thursday! finalised my finance pretty much and now choosing my insurer. it's crazy the price difference between insurers for this car! I'm getting quotes anywhere from 1300 a year to 3000 a year!
Not quite sure how the CS will play out - maybe they'll have B58 M2, S55 M2 CS, then the CSL/GTS?
But I'm curious where did you get the $1300 pa quote from?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 01:12 AM   #210
Aust350z
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_stp View Post
Quote:
Not quite sure how the CS will play out - maybe they'll have B58 M2, S55 M2 CS, then the CSL/GTS?
B58 will come in the next gen. N55 to end of prod.

No comp pack for the M2 either.

S55 will power a CS (unlimited) and CSL (limited).

While CS will be unlimited you wouldn't think that they would sell many. Ie M4 CS
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 01:45 AM   #211
nick_stp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
B58 will come in the next gen. N55 to end of prod.

No comp pack for the M2 either.

S55 will power a CS (unlimited) and CSL (limited).

While CS will be unlimited you wouldn't think that they would sell many. Ie M4 CS
I agree. What I was referring to in my earlier post is that I remember some people are speculating the base model will also be powered by S55.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 02:40 AM   #212
kab_m2
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i, X1 25i, M2 LCI

From what I have read it seems the CS will actually be the "M2 Competition" with an S55 engine, proper M mirrors, sport seat option, different trim options as well as a new colour option - Sunset Orange.

When it is released our "standard" M2 will cease production
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 02:57 AM   #213
jav_au
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_stp View Post
Hi Nick,

I actually just signed up with virgin money for $1050/ year fully comp. That was for $1100 excess and NCD rating 1 protection- was cheaper if I took that off.

My main points were choice of repairer and new for old replacement- which virgin has both (2 years/ 40k km new for old).

NRMA was next best around $1450-1500 if you included choice of repairer (they make you pay extra for this now...).

Suncorp (GIO)/ Allianz etc were all in the mid 2.5's etc. Note I am in QLD and insurance seems to be much cheaper up here than in Vic/NSW.

Bring on Thursday!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 02:57 AM   #214
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab_m2 View Post
From what I have read it seems the CS will actually be the "M2 Competition" with an S55 engine, proper M mirrors, sport seat option, different trim options as well as a new colour option - Sunset Orange.
While I agree with this ^
Quote:
I very much doubt this ^

However, if that's true - great. Makes our N55's more desirable - at least in my book

As BMW haven't discontinued the "standard" model when introducing the M4 variants, I doubt they'd do that for the M2 variants. I'm pretty certain that they've discussed each M range as having 3-tier arrangement...?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 03:11 AM   #215
kab_m2
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Smurf View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I very much doubt this ^

However, if that's true - great. Makes our N55's more desirable - at least in my book

As BMW haven't discontinued the "standard" model when introducing the M4 variants, I doubt they'd do that for the M2 variants. I'm pretty certain that they've discussed each M range as having 3-tier arrangement...?
Ynguldyn has already confirmed EOP for regular M2 is mid next year. Not sure if this is just for US though but it doesn't bode well for other countries either way
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 03:18 AM   #216
Aust350z
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I very much doubt this ^

Ynguldyn has already confirmed EOP for regular M2 is mid next year. Not sure if this is just for US though but it doesn't bode well for other countries either way
I read that as well as largely due to emissions regulations coming into effect in Europe where the N55 doesn't adhere.

All I know is i love the sound and driving my M2. My pockets also aren't deep enough for these special variants either
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 03:20 AM   #217
kab_m2
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I very much doubt this ^

I read that as well as largely due to emissions regulations coming into effect in Europe where the N55 doesn't adhere.

All I know is i love the sound and driving my M2. My pockets also aren't deep enough for these special variants either
That's what I heard too.
But if they are discontinuing it in EU and US, why would they keep production for everywhere else?

Also the B58 upgrade would have made sense but there has been literally zero evidence of this from all the usual reliable sources nor has it been heard testing around Nurburgring
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 04:01 AM   #218
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Ditto (well, it will be when my M2 arrives on Friday)

Quote:
Also the B58 upgrade would have made sense but there has been literally zero evidence of this from all the usual reliable sources nor has it been heard testing around Nurburgring
As per the traditional aphorism ... absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Rather than the B58 becoming the "standard" engine, maybe the N55 is continuing on...?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 04:09 AM   #219
jav_au
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron
I've got delivery booked for 2pm tomorrow! 10 days from the port to me.

Tint is getting done Monday. But I forgot to call Rencal to organise HAS install.

I'll share some pics once mods are done. Cannot wait!!!
how is the car oxy? I'm interested in the has kit so keen to hear your experience and what Vince and co at rencal recommend? Are you putting spacers/new rims?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 05:37 AM   #220
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Quote:
Hi Nick,

I actually just signed up with virgin money for $1050/ year fully comp. That was for $1100 excess and NCD rating 1 protection- was cheaper if I took that off.

My main points were choice of repairer and new for old replacement- which virgin has both (2 years/ 40k km new for old).

NRMA was next best around $1450-1500 if you included choice of repairer (they make you pay extra for this now...).

Suncorp (GIO)/ Allianz etc were all in the mid 2.5's etc. Note I am in QLD and insurance seems to be much cheaper up here than in Vic/NSW.

Bring on Thursday!!!
There are a lot of bad reviews for Virgin Money car insurance. They are very cheap, a quote I just did came back at $1028 ($950 excess), my NRMA policy cost me $1700 (with $2k excess, 65%ncb + 25% loyalty discount). 3 other companies quoted $2.2 to 2.5k with max ncb. I only say this as the Virgin price is too good to be true, happy to take your money but will they be so helpful if they have to pay?
Appreciate 0