BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Used M2 Values

02-26-2020, 09:01 PM   #89
BallHog5873
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Manual, 2016 328D Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangman4358 View Post
Yeah, but it doesn't have the charm of the BMW analogue gauges.
And it scratches like a mofo. Wish I had gone with a '17
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 10:22 PM   #90
ried
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastieBombRacing View Post
For what it’s worth, I totally agree it’s not in the spirit of the car
I got the same BS story from my dealer. The weird part is, the moonroof was available in literally every other country, including Canada, at the time.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 12:28 AM   #91
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
I see where you're going with this and I think the same could be asked for me.

First, the M2 and M2C are not stripped out or lightweight. In fact, the M2C is the same weight as the M4.

Second, at least for me, the appeal of the M2C is it's shorter wheelbase. This is where the fun characteristics really play out between the M2 and M4.

Therefore, sure the M4 is more luxurious, but doesn't mean it's night and day between the M2. In fact, I would want something that is more agile and yet still contain modern comfort amenities.

Another example would be the various 911s you can purchase. A base Carerra or Carerra S are great handling sports cars. But owners often load them up with comfort options and there is nothing wrong with that...you don't really ask them why not just buy a Panamera, instead. Also I've seen Porsche GT cars speced with all leather interiors that are more luxurious than M cars.
Id say a better porsche comparison would be a Cayman S vs a Carrera S

But by and large Cayman/Boxster are bought by people who can’t afford 911s.

And yeah...the M2C is another animal altogether
Yeah that's the difference. I don't think M2s were mostly purchased by people who couldn't afford an M3. Pretty sure the lease rate was basically the same, but for what it's worth I think M2 owners actually wanted the car, which is part of the reason you don't see them flooding the used market at low prices. Badge whores don't buy M2s.
Appreciate 1
Moflow2484.50
      02-27-2020, 07:34 AM   #92
Al Bundy's Dodge
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I see where you're going with this and I think the same could be asked for me.

First, the M2 and M2C are not stripped out or lightweight. In fact, the M2C is the same weight as the M4.

Second, at least for me, the appeal of the M2C is it's shorter wheelbase. This is where the fun characteristics really play out between the M2 and M4.

Therefore, sure the M4 is more luxurious, but doesn't mean it's night and day between the M2. In fact, I would want something that is more agile and yet still contain modern comfort amenities.

Another example would be the various 911s you can purchase. A base Carerra or Carerra S are great handling sports cars. But owners often load them up with comfort options and there is nothing wrong with that...you don't really ask them why not just buy a Panamera, instead. Also I've seen Porsche GT cars speced with all leather interiors that are more luxurious than M cars.
Id say a better porsche comparison would be a Cayman S vs a Carrera S

But by and large Cayman/Boxster are bought by people who can't afford 911s.

And yeah...the M2C is another animal altogether
Yeah that's the difference. I don't think M2s were mostly purchased by people who couldn't afford an M3. Pretty sure the lease rate was basically the same, but for what it's worth I think M2 owners actually wanted the car, which is part of the reason you don't see them flooding the used market at low prices. Badge whores don't buy M2s.
Tend to agree...if we assume it's mostly enthusiasts that purchased the 6MTs, I think that's why you hardly see any 6MTs on the market.

The take rate was nearly 50/50, but on the used market DCTs seem to outnumber 6MTs like 5 to 1. Feel fortunate I was able to find a clean one in the exact spec I was looking for.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 12:58 PM   #93
cactusjack
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saturn Outlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffdaddy View Post
I was shocked at how well the M2 holds it's value compared to others in the line. I had a 16 435xi GC that stickered for $10K more that the M2 new but when I traded it in I had to put $10K with it to get the M2 (paid $38,500 for the M2 with 32K miles, exec, CPO). I only had the 435 GC for 5 months and HATED the wallow, weight, and totally numb steering feel. I figured with my 4 series depreciating faster than the M I should bite the bullet and trade sooner than later. I got lucky finding the right color and equipment (AW 6MT) relatively close by at a fair price.
NO REGRETS!
you made the right move brotha! I have a 2016 428i xdrive in great conditon rn around 60k miles. Im hoping to get around 15k for it when trading towards an M2. But i want a manual black one- those are hard to find. wish me luck!
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2020, 03:12 PM   #94
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
I pretty much assumed i'd only own Japanese cars my whole life. When the M2 came out I was like "holy shit. A German car I really really like! That doesn't happen too often!"

When the M2C came out I thought "I must have that." I'm not going to sit here and say it's the only BMW I like, because they build plenty of nice cars, but my level of desire for it was like 3-5 times greater than any other new Bimmer that's come out in the last decade or two.

Also, +1 for the guy who wants the moonroof in Chicago. Seattle is so effing dreary, for a car with a dark black interior, a moonroof is really nice.
Appreciate 2
VisualEcho6629.00
doug_9992541.50
      03-02-2020, 03:16 PM   #95
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moflow View Post
I pretty much assumed i'd only own Japanese cars my whole life. When the M2 came out I was like "holy shit. A German car I really really like! That doesn't happen too often!"
This is me, exactly. I certainly could have had an M3/4, but I much prefer the M2. Having said that, when my little boy gets old enough to ride in the front, I'll be swapping for a NSX.
Appreciate 1
Moflow2484.50
      03-02-2020, 03:38 PM   #96
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffdaddy View Post
I was shocked at how well the M2 holds it's value compared to others in the line. I had a 16 435xi GC that stickered for $10K more that the M2 new but when I traded it in I had to put $10K with it to get the M2 (paid $38,500 for the M2 with 32K miles, exec, CPO). I only had the 435 GC for 5 months and HATED the wallow, weight, and totally numb steering feel. I figured with my 4 series depreciating faster than the M I should bite the bullet and trade sooner than later. I got lucky finding the right color and equipment (AW 6MT) relatively close by at a fair price.
NO REGRETS!
you made the right move brotha! I have a 2016 428i xdrive in great conditon rn around 60k miles. Im hoping to get around 15k for it when trading towards an M2. But i want a manual black one- those are hard to find. wish me luck!
Definitely let us know if you're able to get $15K for that! Last year, I sold my 428xi (around same mileage, maybe a tiny more) for only $10.2K.
      03-03-2020, 02:58 PM   #97
cactusjack
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Definitely let us know if you're able to get $15K for that! Last year, I sold my 428xi (around same mileage, maybe a tiny more) for only $10.2K.
what was yours options wise? Mine is m sport, black and has pretty much every option i can think of
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 03:00 PM   #98
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
Quote:
what was yours options wise? Mine is m sport, black and has pretty much every option i can think of
No, mine only had the cold weather package and tech package. And actually I believe it was a 2014, so not apples to apples comparison. Regardless, glad you're able to enjoy your new ride!
      03-04-2020, 12:21 PM   #99
cactusjack
Banned
Rep

Quote:
No, mine only had the cold weather package and tech package. And actually I believe it was a 2014, so not apples to apples comparison. Regardless, glad you're able to enjoy your new ride!
Lol thanks but i am actually not enjoying it- so boring, its an auto 4 cylinder awd. Sure it looks good and handles pretty well, the zf 8 speed is also great but It has nothing special going on for it- I need an M car in my life lol
Appreciate 0