BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > BMW M2 Competition: production, order dates, engine specs & more (pre-launch info)

Closed Thread

09-30-2017, 11:03 AM   #859
SickFinga
Captain
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Single vanos to Double vanos

Well, this definitely didn't happen, but yeah, major engines did happen before. Another example is the E34 M5

Last edited by SickFinga; 09-30-2017 at 11:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 09:31 AM   #860
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twt View Post
I really don't understand these seats as an "upgrade"...they will push your helmet forward and not provide a pass through for a harness. At least in my current M2 I can flip the headrest if needed and pass my Schroth belts over the seat back and between the headrest mounts.
I fit perfectly well with the helmet in my M3, and also use the 4 point Schroth quick fit. You would love the seats, they are much more supportive than the "regular" BMW sport seats.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 07:15 AM   #861
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
I have official information in my hands that the BMW M2 Competition will arrive in showrooms in Europe in July 2018. This is information based on current planning. Of course this can always move. I received the info today among a list of other dates for other new vehicles.

MR
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 08:04 AM   #862
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
I have official information in my hands that the BMW M2 Competition will arrive in showrooms in Europe in July 2018. This is information based on current planning. Of course this can always move. I received the info today among a list of other dates for other new vehicles.
MR
Very well said by saying "in Europe".
      10-06-2017, 08:10 AM   #863
Baltic_M2
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 123d Coupé

Quote:

MR
Any info about the online presentation?
When will it be? :/
      10-06-2017, 08:23 AM   #864
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

The Hockenheim silver will be a lighter silver. There is already one of these under wraps in production form at Garching.

There is also an M3 CS in a grayish color at Garching. We will soon see more of it.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 09:31 AM   #865
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///twinTurbo View Post
Any info about the online presentation?
When will it be? :/
The rumors I hear around me are Geneva Motor Show official reveal to the market, that would mean end of January, early February press release reveal and us dropping our orders.

Production starting after Geneva, like end of April or early May... Building up stock like they did with M2 and M4 GTS, and then push the first batch out in one go somewhere end of June, early July...

If you look at previous releases that seems to be the way to go. M3 CS would then be the Detroit and Brussels release together with e.g. the X2, X4 could be at Geneva as well, X7 at Shanghai. i8 and i8 facelift are clearly LA together with the facelifted BMW 2 Series Active Divorce. The Grand Divorce is EOP (luckily).

The other stuff follows later, but this could well be the first part of the year.

MR
Appreciate 2
      10-06-2017, 10:03 AM   #866
Chako
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
The rumors I hear around me are Geneva Motor Show official reveal to the market, that would mean end of January, early February press release reveal and us dropping our orders.

Production starting after Geneva, like end of April or early May... Building up stock like they did with M2 and M4 GTS, and then push the first batch out in one go somewhere end of June, early July...

If you look at previous releases that seems to be the way to go. M3 CS would then be the Detroit and Brussels release together with e.g. the X2, X4 could be at Geneva as well, X7 at Shanghai. i8 and i8 facelift are clearly LA together with the facelifted BMW 2 Series Active Divorce. The Grand Divorce is EOP (luckily).

The other stuff follows later, but this could well be the first part of the year.

MR
Thanks for the info MR, is the Geneva show not in March however?

Edit: Or are you saying the press reveal will be late January, with it appearing March in the flesh?

Last edited by Chako; 10-06-2017 at 10:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 10:36 AM   #867
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
MR
Quote:
MR
ynguldyn already hinted to Summer 2018:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Well well well...
To be honest, I never even bothered to check the EOP of the original M2. Just never thought I would discover anything newsworthy...
June 2018.
Let the outrage begin.
Makes sense to me. Puzzling that some car websites (even recently) claimed calendar year 2019 for any M2 variant. Seems that either they confuse MY2019 with calendar year 2019, or assimilate USA-spec and EUR-spec or speak about the hardcore variant M2 CSL (calendar year 2019).
      10-06-2017, 11:31 AM   #868
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
The Hockenheim silver will be a lighter silver. There is already one of these under wraps in production form at Garching.

There is also an M3 CS in a grayish color at Garching. We will soon see more of it.
Argh. That's a shame. I was hoping for the other way round TBH.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 12:33 PM   #869
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:
The Grand Divorce is EOP (luckily).
No, Grand Divorce (and from now on I'm not calling it anything else) is also getting LCI.

(Sorry for off-topic.)
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 12:43 PM   #870
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No, Grand Divorce (and from now on I'm not calling it anything else) is also getting LCI.

(Sorry for off-topic.)
Does it? Hell... BMW employee told me they ditched it due to crap sales. Maybe it does not come back after the LCI.

MR
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 12:44 PM   #871
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chako View Post
Thanks for the info MR, is the Geneva show not in March however?

Edit: Or are you saying the press reveal will be late January, with it appearing March in the flesh?
Yup it is in March. Press reveal is late January/early February. Look at 5-Series touring which was shown at this year's Geneva show. Same thing!

Geneva would be the public reveal at a car show.

MR
Appreciate 1
Chako105.00
      10-06-2017, 01:08 PM   #872
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Makes sense with N55 M2 EOP of 6/18.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 01:46 PM   #873
CommitConfirm
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: The Bus

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
MR
Quote:
MR
ynguldyn already hinted to Summer 2018:
Quote:
Well well well...
To be honest, I never even bothered to check the EOP of the original M2. Just never thought I would discover anything newsworthy...
June 2018.
Let the outrage begin.
Makes sense to me. Puzzling that some car websites (even recently) claimed calendar year 2019 for any M2 variant. Seems that either they confuse MY2019 with calendar year 2019, or assimilate USA-spec and EUR-spec or speak about the hardcore variant M2 CSL (calendar year 2019).
I think they mean Model Year 19
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 01:53 PM   #874
Motivate
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Shopping for a new one

Quote:

MR
Thanks for the info. Another facelift for the 2 series or do you mean a new generation? And debuted at LA auto show next year?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 01:59 PM   #875
Motivate
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Shopping for a new one

If Europe gets the Competition in July 2018, what is likely the delay for the US to get it? Did the US get the current M2 at the same time as Europe?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 03:43 PM   #876
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommitConfirm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I think they mean Model Year 19
No, they mean calendar year 2019 rather than MY2019 (see here):
"Despite seeing several prototypes out for testing, BMW plans to unveil the M2 Competition in late 2018 with a market launch scheduled for early 2019."
IMHO that information does not refer to the EUR-spec "M2 Competition", because due for release in calendar year 2018.

Also this recent German article claims about the M2 that the S55 engine will supersede the N55 engine during Summer 2018 (thus the "M2 Competition" replacing the base M2). To me that makes sense.
      10-06-2017, 04:01 PM   #877
CommitConfirm
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: The Bus

Garage List
Let me clarify, I?ve seen a lot of reports based report on reports on rumour.

An M2 CS or Competition or whatever will be an S55 based vehicle for MY2019 due for deliver June/July 2018.

I suspect the replacement of the N55 for the S55 may have something to do with EU emissions regulations.

A hardcore CSL/GTS will be in 2019/20
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2017, 05:14 PM   #878
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivate View Post
Thanks for the info. Another facelift for the 2 series or do you mean a new generation? And debuted at LA auto show next year?
This year.... LA show is still coming.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 05:15 PM   #879
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommitConfirm View Post
Let me clarify, I?ve seen a lot of reports based report on reports on rumour.

An M2 CS or Competition or whatever will be an S55 based vehicle for MY2019 due for deliver June/July 2018.

I suspect the replacement of the N55 for the S55 may have something to do with EU emissions regulations.

A hardcore CSL/GTS will be in 2019/20
Correct!

MR
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 05:58 PM   #880
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivate View Post
If Europe gets the Competition in July 2018, what is likely the delay for the US to get it? Did the US get the current M2 at the same time as Europe?
The MY16 US M2 was released at the same time as it was in Europe.IMO it will be the same thing for the M2 Competition.US and Canadian cars will also start to be delivered in July 2018.
Appreciate 1
Closed Thread