BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > M2 CS Trans, Steering, and Diff tune by Kubax86

01-24-2021, 02:43 PM   #1
SebsM2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

M2 CS Trans, Steering, and Diff tune by Kubax86

Hi guys,

I decided to try out the M2 CS flash by Kubax86. I have been running the GTS transmission tune from BM3 on my stage 2 DCT N55 M2. The reason I was not satisfied with the gts trans tune was for 3 main reasons:

1. Low speed jerkiness in comfort mode
2. Shift points in comfort mode while in auto
3. The stupid C in front of the gear number

Here are a few things I have noticed after driving with it a few days:

In comfort mode, the steering wheel is much lighter. I have always hated how heavy the steering wheel felt at low speeds. Now, driving through a parking garage is a lot easier. Additionally, it is. A LOT smoother at low speeds. This alone is worth the cost.

In sport and sport+ mode, my exhaust note sounds a bit more refined. I would not say it is any quieter, just a tad less deep/throaty. I normally have all burbles disabled through bm3 but after this tune, I added a .5 second burble at level 8 aggressiveness and now it pops maybe once on downshift. Both upshifts and downshifts are much quicker than the stock tune. Upshifts are as fast as GTS trans tune. Downshifts are faster on the CS tune compared to BM3's GTS trans tune.

I haven't been able to truly push the car due to nasty weather here in Kansas, so I will leave out my opinion on the differential part of the tune.

TLDR: If you hate comfort mode on stock transmission tune or BM3's GTS transmission tune, try this out. It is a fraction of the price of the THOR Flasher. All you need is an hour, an ENET cable, and a windows laptop. All three main issues listed above have been fixed for a fraction of the price of THOR. Kubax86 was a joy to work with.
akkando5864.50
Stylin.M2270.00
      01-30-2021, 10:25 AM   #2
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Any updates on your impressions? I have a 6MT so I'm more curious about the steering and differential aspect of your review. Have you tried the M2C, or M4GTS coding prior to this? If so how does it compare?

Currently running M2C GHAS and MDM, and M4GTS EPS. Waiting for Thor to add the M2CS options.
Appreciate 1
      01-30-2021, 12:32 PM   #3
SebsM2
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewC1989 View Post
Any updates on your impressions? I have a 6MT so I'm more curious about the steering and differential aspect of your review. Have you tried the M2C, or M4GTS coding prior to this? If so how does it compare?

Currently running M2C GHAS and MDM, and M4GTS EPS. Waiting for Thor to add the M2CS options.
I think the steering is a great improvement over stock. It just feels more direct. I don't think any of these flashes actually give any more road feel to be quite honest.

I also think the car feels more planted around fast corners but I still haven't been able to push too hard.

I haven't tried the m2c, m4gts coding before this. Are those only available through THOR?
      01-30-2021, 03:54 PM   #4
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebsM2 View Post
I haven't tried the m2c, m4gts coding before this. Are those only available through THOR?
Nope they can be coded via esys like your coder did for you. With Thor you're just paying for the convenience of being able to do it yourself whenever you want from a phone. Seems like a waste of money at first but if you go back and forth testing things and don't have a windows capable laptop or esys you see how quickly it pays for itself vs paying a coder each time you want to make a change.
      01-30-2021, 04:03 PM   #5
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep

I got THOR mostly for the DCT mapping, which is great. BM3 and other DCT flash options for the OG M2 were terrible and worse than OEM, IMO, but that’s bc the M2 DCT is missing a couple sensors vs the M3/4 DCT so those flashes never worked right.

The MDM, diff, and steering flashing with THOR was just icing on the cake and it is nice to be able to change them on demand in less than 5min with just my phone.

Altho, I’m now itching to try these M2CS (M2GTS) settings! Hopefully THOR updates soon.
Appreciate 1
AndrewC198910932.50
      07-15-2022, 01:10 PM   #6
bogdiniciu
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS

Garage List
2020 M2 Comp  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Has anyone tried these on an M2C? I am mostly interested in the steering flash.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2022, 04:48 AM   #7
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebsM2 View Post
Hi guys,

I decided to try out the M2 CS flash by Kubax86. I have been running the GTS transmission tune from BM3 on my stage 2 DCT N55 M2. The reason I was not satisfied with the gts trans tune was for 3 main reasons:

1. Low speed jerkiness in comfort mode
2. Shift points in comfort mode while in auto
3. The stupid C in front of the gear number

Here are a few things I have noticed after driving with it a few days:

In comfort mode, the steering wheel is much lighter. I have always hated how heavy the steering wheel felt at low speeds. Now, driving through a parking garage is a lot easier. Additionally, it is. A LOT smoother at low speeds. This alone is worth the cost.

In sport and sport+ mode, my exhaust note sounds a bit more refined. I would not say it is any quieter, just a tad less deep/throaty. I normally have all burbles disabled through bm3 but after this tune, I added a .5 second burble at level 8 aggressiveness and now it pops maybe once on downshift. Both upshifts and downshifts are much quicker than the stock tune. Upshifts are as fast as GTS trans tune. Downshifts are faster on the CS tune compared to BM3's GTS trans tune.

I haven't been able to truly push the car due to nasty weather here in Kansas, so I will leave out my opinion on the differential part of the tune.

TLDR: If you hate comfort mode on stock transmission tune or BM3's GTS transmission tune, try this out. It is a fraction of the price of the THOR Flasher. All you need is an hour, an ENET cable, and a windows laptop. All three main issues listed above have been fixed for a fraction of the price of THOR. Kubax86 was a joy to work with.
Appreciate your honest review on BIMMER-REMOTE.com services
Appreciate 0