BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Tires for the CS

03-10-2024, 03:39 PM   #45
cwunch
Turkey
Rep
Drives: M2cs

I have driven mine today, cup2’s, dry, 8-10c, without rear traction I kinda like this way…

(As I said, I forgot how sticky it was last summer.)
Appreciate 2
F87EVO4033.00
Hedoniste3834.00
      03-15-2024, 03:37 PM   #46
michaeldorian
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Got BMW Spec Michelin PS4S in 275/35 and 255/35. Slightly larger. Love that it covers the wheel gap a bit. The tires are quieter and smoother then the OEM PSS. Looks right without the tires looking super stretched in the stock config.
      03-17-2024, 03:11 PM   #47
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Garage List
I’m debating tire replacement right now. My original PSS still have some life in them, but I picked up a nail in both driver front and rear passenger tires.

I’m leaning towards the Cup2’s as it rarely gets below 40F in Florida, and I rarely drive in the rain.

US folks, would you trust Costco to install tires on your CS? It’s cheaper than tire rack for Cup2’s and includes installation. I’m sure it’s cheaper than the dealer. I’ve used them for other cars without a problem, but I’m much more particular about the CS, especially with the gold wheels.

$1691 installed.
Appreciate 1
Hedoniste3834.00
      03-20-2024, 04:58 AM   #48
NPTM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarrzhp View Post
I’m debating tire replacement right now. My original PSS still have some life in them, but I picked up a nail in both driver front and rear passenger tires.

I’m leaning towards the Cup2’s as it rarely gets below 40F in Florida, and I rarely drive in the rain.

US folks, would you trust Costco to install tires on your CS? It’s cheaper than tire rack for Cup2’s and includes installation. I’m sure it’s cheaper than the dealer. I’ve used them for other cars without a problem, but I’m much more particular about the CS, especially with the gold wheels.

$1691 installed.
Hit or miss - I have heard good things and horror stories. To me it’s not worth the gamble if you’re gonna get the experienced tech or some 18 year old who just hit his vape pen. I say spend a few more bucks and go to a local trusted shop for the install. Just my two cents…don’t risk it.
Appreciate 1
mfarrzhp1491.00
      03-20-2024, 12:48 PM   #49
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPTM View Post
Hit or miss - I have heard good things and horror stories. To me it’s not worth the gamble if you’re gonna get the experienced tech or some 18 year old who just hit his vape pen. I say spend a few more bucks and go to a local trusted shop for the install. Just my two cents…don’t risk it.
Thanks. I did end up taking it to Costco to get checked out. Miraculously neither nail went all the way through. One was a very short screw that lodged in that thick part of the tread. Th other nail lodged sideways and didn’t penetrate either. They removed both and no signs of any leaking. They didn’t even charge me for the hour they spent on it.

I’ll probably go to the dealer for the full replacement when I’m ready, but can’t say I was disappointed with the Costco service.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 01:46 PM   #50
NPTM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Thanks. I did end up taking it to Costco to get checked out. Miraculously neither nail went all the way through. One was a very short screw that lodged in that thick part of the tread. Th other nail lodged sideways and didn’t penetrate either. They removed both and no signs of any leaking. They didn’t even charge me for the hour they spent on it.

I’ll probably go to the dealer for the full replacement when I’m ready, but can’t say I was disappointed with the Costco service.
Yeah man they are def not all bad - just think it can be hit or miss, and even if just a 20% chance of a bad tech, I wouldn’t wanna risk that on a car like this. Even more anxiety on my other car which has carbon fiber wheels haha!

That said, a company like Costco would definitely stand behind their work and if any issues I’m sure they’d pay for it…I’m still just paranoid and it’s not even the tire replacement it’s everything else that could happen when in a potentially careless persons possession that spooks me.

My local tire shop lets me pull in, pull out, uses my sockets with protection, torques them to spec, etc. worth an extra few bucks for me
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2024, 04:13 PM   #51
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:

$1691 installed.
I get my cup2s and RE71rs tires from Costco. I haven't had any problems. If you've got frozen gold wheels then keep in mind that it's difficult to match, but possible (I've had mine touched up). If this concerns you, then take it to a dealership. Take photos of each wheel ahead of time, and inspect before leaving dealership. Black wheels are easy to match. Costco also has a crazy good warranty surrounding nails, etc
Cup2s are great above 50F and dry. If you never drive in rain I see no issue. I've been a cup2 fan boy since getting my CS. This past weekend I was being too aggressive on a fun onramp in the rain. The rear end started to come around. Probably wouldn't have been an issue with ps4s or contis. Just keep it in mind. You really have to be conscious about the cup2s and the weather. Beyond that the feel and grip are fantastic. The RE71rs is also a great tire.

Now that I have a set of dedicated track wheels I'll probably get the ps4s next time as my daily. Data suggests it's a great tire. Lasts a couple of laps on track, which means it likely holds up really well on back roads.
      03-30-2024, 05:20 AM   #52
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I get my cup2s and RE71rs tires from Costco. I haven't had any problems. If you've got frozen gold wheels then keep in mind that it's difficult to match, but possible (I've had mine touched up). If this concerns you, then take it to a dealership. Take photos of each wheel ahead of time, and inspect before leaving dealership. Black wheels are easy to match. Costco also has a crazy good warranty surrounding nails, etc
Cup2s are great above 50F and dry. If you never drive in rain I see no issue. I've been a cup2 fan boy since getting my CS. This past weekend I was being too aggressive on a fun onramp in the rain. The rear end started to come around. Probably wouldn't have been an issue with ps4s or contis. Just keep it in mind. You really have to be conscious about the cup2s and the weather. Beyond that the feel and grip are fantastic. The RE71rs is also a great tire.

Now that I have a set of dedicated track wheels I'll probably get the ps4s next time as my daily. Data suggests it's a great tire. Lasts a couple of laps on track, which means it likely holds up really well on back roads.
I’ve got the PS4S* on the M3 Touring, put the same on my first year F80 M3 as soon as I could (it needed every bit of help it could get on traction) and PS4S N coming inbound on the 992 T. Great handling in dry, wet and cold weather, and virtually no tire noise. Unless I’m going to shift to summer and winter tyres (which I won’t bother doing in Sydney), I’m sold on this tire.
Appreciate 0