BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Alpha N/Edison composites gts hood disaster

06-24-2019, 08:58 PM   #23
BAN_M2C
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 991.2 Porsche GT3, BMW E46 M3

Garage List
1987 BMW 325is  [10.00]
2004 BMW X3  [6.50]
2018 Porsche 911 GT3  [10.00]
1974 BMW 2002tii  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo AMS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jashton View Post
No pics?
i have a ton a vids, trying to figure out how to post them on here
The M2 & M2C FaceBook group is not public. Only pic I was able to pull from that post on FB since all others are videos.

Everything you posted on IG was on the stories no actual posts? Cause your account is public and you could put links from IG here.
Attached Images

06-24-2019, 10:11 PM   #24
Brandt51
Flavor of the month
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW F87  [9.50]
What exactly is 'legal action'?
2020 F87 M2 Comp
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 10:13 PM   #25
Brandt51
Flavor of the month
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW F87  [9.50]
I got a raised cowl fiberglass hood once from Jegs. It needed a ton of work just to get it to the point of latching, and once there, the latch was off by .5 inches. Jegs was super cool about it and took it back. I ended up with a steel cowl induction hood that ended up being a lot cheaper and bolted right up.

Weird. Anyways, carry on with flame posts!
2020 F87 M2 Comp
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 10:15 PM   #26
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

I read through the post. The quality of the hood was pretty bad. I agree, leaving the powerdome unpainted wasn’t an option. It would be one thing if they simply took it back. This would be acceptable. What isn’t acceptable is their response. Threatening legal action as if their hood was worth defending. But the real kicker was when they threatened the admin/moderator. What a joke, hope they aren’t on here.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 09:56 AM   #27
ashtaron14
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

At least now I know that I wasn't the only one that had issues with Alpha-N's products. I ordered the hood and roof from them in January, directly from Germany. Alex from Alpha-N didn't ask me for a deposit or anything and I was only asked for full payment near the end of April when it was almost ready for shipping.

The roof is okay, but yeah the hood is full of holes as I got one without the lacquer and it was super difficult to fill and to get it good enough for paint. Post installation it hits the intercooler bottle and I've had to add some spacers on the top bolts of the bumper in order for it to look like it does now.

I can't say I had a good experience but it's not M Performance parts so I didn't expect it to be perfect fit. I just wish they are more honest about the very average fitment.
Attached Images

07-11-2019, 06:45 PM   #28
twboy1999
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 honda accord

to the op
post some pics

they can't do any legal action against you, you are just stating the fact.

jokes
      07-11-2019, 09:02 PM   #29
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Such a shit quality hood...obviously not made in Germany
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 01:46 PM   #30
Diogo AMS
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 bmw M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
Quote:
sad part is that it is made in Germany. Even more sad is the China one I have now looks and fits a hell of a lot better
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 01:50 PM   #31
Diogo AMS
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaron14 View Post
At least now I know that I wasn't the only one that had issues with Alpha-N's products. I ordered the hood and roof from them in January, directly from Germany. Alex from Alpha-N didn't ask me for a deposit or anything and I was only asked for full payment near the end of April when it was almost ready for shipping.

The roof is okay, but yeah the hood is full of holes as I got one without the lacquer and it was super difficult to fill and to get it good enough for paint. Post installation it hits the intercooler bottle and I've had to add some spacers on the top bolts of the bumper in order for it to look like it does now.

I can't say I had a good experience but it's not M Performance parts so I didn't expect it to be perfect fit. I just wish they are more honest about the very average fitment.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaron14 View Post

yeah I was very disappointed with the entire deal, sad part is I would have been happy with a $1000 returned to me but they insisted on me returning the hood. I've even gotten the cold shoulder from IND cause of it.. no worries tho, I guess the few thousands I spent with them meant shit as they would rather stick up for a shit product then a paying customer that was within his right to be upset and warn everyone else from doing the same mistake
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 02:24 PM   #32
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
yeah I was very disappointed with the entire deal, sad part is I would have been happy with a $1000 returned to me but they insisted on me returning the hood. I've even gotten the cold shoulder from IND cause of it.. no worries tho, I guess the few thousands I spent with them meant shit as they would rather stick up for a shit product then a paying customer that was within his right to be upset and warn everyone else from doing the same mistake
Cold shoulder? Didn't they give you a full refund?
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2019, 03:02 PM   #33
Diogo AMS
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
Quote:
Yes they did, plus time wasted but now it seems they want nothing to do with my buisness which is ok I guess, my cars done so won't be needing anything else ..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 05:10 PM   #34
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:
sad part is that it is made in Germany. Even more sad is the China one I have now looks and fits a hell of a lot better

Mind sharing which company in China you sourced your hood from?

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 0