BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > M Performance electronic steering wheel

06-12-2018, 09:03 AM   #1
Happy Motoring
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
M Performance electronic steering wheel

I just had this installed yesterday and have a few questions.

Is it normal for the oil and water temperature display to turn off in sport mode? I don't recall it turning off in eco mode. On my 30 minute commute to work, I had to turn it back on twice.

Any way to change the shift light to start a little later in sport mode. I think mine starts christmas lighting at 5k which seems a bit premature.

Has anyone taken the display portion apart? I have a piece of lint stuck behind the display and would like to take it out.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 11:54 AM   #2
m2rs4_official
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Motoring View Post
I just had this installed yesterday and have a few questions.

Is it normal for the oil and water temperature display to turn off in sport mode? I don't recall it turning off in eco mode. On my 30 minute commute to work, I had to turn it back on twice.

Any way to change the shift light to start a little later in sport mode. I think mine starts christmas lighting at 5k which seems a bit premature.

Has anyone taken the display portion apart? I have a piece of lint stuck behind the display and would like to take it out.
First part, if you're driving like Miss Daisy it's normal for it to turn off in eco mode but click either button and it comes back to life. I'll clarify with my buddy on Instagram @majishin4 . He helped me out with troubleshooting.

Click and hold the left button and scroll to settings... You'll see an icon that looks kinda like a lame gear, right click and click away on right button till your desired shift point then click and hold the left button to exit twice and go back into sports and it should work.

Lastly just received my wheel today and haven't had reason to take it apart. Should be straightforward.

Hope that helps mate.
Appreciate 1