BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Took delivery of the M2 today and here's my initial thoughts.

05-29-2016, 02:40 PM   #23
3tekcorps
Major
Rep
Drives: In Gestation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
I do have the manual seats.

You can do exactly the same as the electric ones, including the tilting.

I do have also the electric lumbar support, bolsters can be adjusted too.
Those are the seats I wanted!!

The manual seats go a lot lower. Maybe 40mm or so. We use that stupid system here and it seemed like about 1.5"
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 05:49 PM   #24
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quick question: are there electric seat positioning movements that manual seats cannot perform (for example tilting the seat to lift the knees) and vice versa ?
You can't adjust the Seat height whilst sitting in the manual seats which can get to be a nuisance,either get out the car or somehow lift yourself up.

The adjustments are finer with the electric chairs as well and one of the reasons I changed my order to electric yesterday at the dealers.
You're supposed to jump up a bit or lift yourself up slightly and they go up? Maybe the sa didn't show you how to do it?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 06:18 PM   #25
ilovewagons
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i F31 M-Sport EB to MG F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by koastal View Post
The M2 mirror may may upset a big un like you. Its a bit in your face
Nah, driven the M2 and a lot of 2 series, it's fine for me ergonomically, but if it wasn't, I'd be happy to start chopping bits off to experience driving an M2 again.
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2016, 06:24 PM   #26
clubsport
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tekcorps View Post
Those are the seats I wanted!!

The manual seats go a lot lower. Maybe 40mm or so. We use that stupid system here and it seemed like about 1.5"
Ditto here, too. I would LOVE to have plain old manual seats. I was looking for a set of seats out of a 228i sport pkg. car to stick in. I'm 6'7", and YES...I hate the mirror location.

I have a set of Recaro CS seats but might go fixed back. They are a hassle to get in and out but once you're in, perfect. More comfy than you might think especially if you get a Cobra Technology seat.

OP, glad you like the car. It's hard not to.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 08:35 PM   #27
3tekcorps
Major
Rep
Drives: In Gestation

Ok.. I'm up to 500 miles now. Still love the car, but the seats are just not a good fit. I'm 6'4" 210 and just can't stay comfortable in them. They're also too narrow on the hips and I need the seat lower. I think they're an awesome seat for someone about 5'10" 160.

What's the best bang for the buck in a sport seat that is a better fit for Plus Sized guys? I don't want super high sides or a fixed back. Any ideas would be great. I read something about Porsche and MB seats being the awesome, but can't recall which models.

Are the M4 seats better in this regard?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 12:05 PM   #28
Pol
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020

Quote:
Quick question: are there electric seat positioning movements that manual seats cannot perform (for example tilting the seat to lift the knees) and vice versa ?
Tilting the seat in the front and so lifting the knees is possible with the electric positioning and very precisely besides.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 12:39 PM   #29
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol View Post
Tilting the seat in the front and so lifting the knees is possible with the electric positioning and very precisely besides.
I know that, Pol. My question was to find out whether you can perform the same movements with manual seats.

I read that some complain about the M2/M235i seats. I guess that a lot can be resolved by experimenting with several seat positions. Remember Prince: "23 positions in a one night stand".

By the way, my M2 driver seat is tilted to maximum position (lifting knees as high as possible) + seat 'sunk' at lowest seat height possible. I'm 5'9" (180cm). Zero issues. Personally I like that 'laid back'-style feeling. Flew gliders when I was 15 (before I ever drove cars) and somehow never managed to get that seat position out of my system. But I don't need lead ballast cushions under my seat anymore. Other long-term side effect of that faraway past: tightly wearing the seatbelt when driving = always ! (limited movement when going through the twisties).

Name:  Glider_Position.jpg
Views: 5927
Size:  43.6 KB
      05-30-2016, 01:42 PM   #30
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Maxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Lives View Post
You can't adjust the Seat height whilst sitting in the manual seats which can get to be a nuisance,either get out the car or somehow lift yourself up.

The adjustments are finer with the electric chairs as well and one of the reasons I changed my order to electric yesterday at the dealers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
You're supposed to jump up a bit or lift yourself up slightly and they go up? Maybe the sa didn't show you how to do it?
Correct,

the manual seats will not go up in height when you are sitting on them.
Unlike an Audi for example,when you push the lever and the Seat is at its lowest setting then it does nothing and will not adjust upwards.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 01:44 PM   #31
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Other long-term side effect of that faraway past: tightly wearing the seatbelt when driving = always ! (limited movement when going through the twisties).
I also do this! Before driving the twisty roads around here, I always pull it tight and to the point of almost locking.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 02:48 PM   #32
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: GR Yaris GT4RS

Quote:
I know that, Pol. My question was to find out whether you can perform the same movements with manual seats.

I read that some complain about the M2/M235i seats. I guess that a lot can be resolved by experimenting with several seat positions. Remember Prince: "23 positions in a one night stand".

By the way, my M2 driver seat is tilted to maximum position (lifting knees as high as possible) + seat 'sunk' at lowest seat height possible. I'm 5'9" (180cm). Zero issues. Personally I like that 'laid back'-style feeling. Flew gliders when I was 15 (before I ever drove cars) and somehow never managed to get that seat position out of my system. But I don't need lead ballast cushions under my seat anymore. Other long-term side effect of that faraway past: tightly wearing the seatbelt when driving = always ! (limited movement when going through the twisties).

Attachment 1431850

YES
Appreciate 0