BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > LIFTED! Delivery Stop on Certain BMW M2, M3, M4, 5 and 6 Series For Rear Differential

08-22-2016, 11:24 AM   #991
Cannondale2016
Private
Rep
Drives: M42016

Quote:
Originally Posted by cibble10
Warning!!!

As many of you will have noticed in this thread the replacement diff can't be refitted without new bolts (per fitting guidelines). Seems BMW does not automatically ship the bolts with the diff (!!!!!!!!!) even though the diff cannot be properly fitted without them so please make sure your dealer knows this. Mine (as others) has ordered and received the diff but has had to then order the bolts. BMW really needs to create a diff replacement order number on their system that bundles the diff with the bolts!

Upside, my F80 is booked in this Thursday (GB dealership) to have the work done.

Fingers crossed for no further surprises.

Wishing all on this thread the best of luck with getting their car repaired ASAP!!
I am from Canada, my car is already fixed last Tuesday. As some people mentioned the missing bolts above, my dealer told me that mine differential came with the bolts. How come that happened? That is reason I still not pick up the car. I want to sure the differential is installed properly before I pick up the car. Any suggestions?
Appreciate 1
2M502.50
      08-22-2016, 12:03 PM   #992
cibble10
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannondale2016 View Post
I am from Canada, my car is already fixed last Tuesday. As some people mentioned the missing bolts above, my dealer told me that mine differential came with the bolts. How come that happened? That is reason I still not pick up the car. I want to sure the differential is installed properly before I pick up the car. Any suggestions?
Is your dealer a large one? If so maybe they have more experience and knew to make sure new bolts were ordered with the diff. It seems apparent from this thread that Canada/US has benefitted from some favouritism in regards to delivery times. BMW litigation wary??

I don't know how you would make sure that your dealer has done the job properly. Maybe ask them via e-mail whether the bolts were replaced so you have evidence should something go wrong?

Someone wiser than me in these things wil hopefully make a better suggestion.

I - like you - am somewhat sceptical about how well an average dealer can replace a diff unless they do it regularly, but I am speaking from mechanical ignorance and it might be that this is not a tough job, just time consuming and part of the day job for a competent mechanic.

On this island there are only 3 F80s that I know of!!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 12:43 PM   #993
JDubz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vooj View Post
I will need insurance to register the vehicle and will do that as soon as it hits the US as I will already possess the certificate of origin. I keep telling myself it is only a few more weeks, but my virtue of patience is running on empty at this point.
Interesting that you say this. My car is repaired and in transit to my area, but I'm being told that the MCO was not released yet. Hence the car is probably going to sit until they get the MCO and get my plates.

Were you ED?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 12:56 PM   #994
Cannondale2016
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cibble10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannondale2016 View Post
Is your dealer a large one? If so maybe they have more experience and knew to make sure new bolts were ordered with the diff. It seems apparent from this thread that Canada/US has benefitted from some favouritism in regards to delivery times. BMW litigation wary??

I don't know how you would make sure that your dealer has done the job properly. Maybe ask them via e-mail whether the bolts were replaced so you have evidence should something go wrong?

Someone wiser than me in these things wil hopefully make a better suggestion.

I - like you - am somewhat sceptical about how well an average dealer can replace a diff unless they do it regularly, but I am speaking from mechanical ignorance and it might be that this is not a tough job, just time consuming and part of the day job for a competent mechanic.

On this island there are only 3 F80s that I know of!!
We have the same thoughts about the quality of the repair job. Like some people discussed above, there should be new bolts for the replacement. First time I asked my CA about this(missing bolt), he told me there is no such thing. I asked him again this morning, he told me mine differential came with the new bolts. (First 5 differentials in the whole country). I am worried about they used the old bolts to do the replacement.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 01:55 PM   #995
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannondale2016
Ask to see the work order for the repair. This will list the exact parts used, even the bolts.
      08-22-2016, 02:25 PM   #996
whatever
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
I will need insurance to register the vehicle and will do that as soon as it hits the US as I will already possess the certificate of origin. I keep telling myself it is only a few more weeks, but my virtue of patience is running on empty at this point.
You do receive your registration on the same day you show proof of insurance, MCO , bill of sales and tax payment. Is there any reason why you register the vehicle prior to officially pick up date ? I'm curios if your sales person misinform you.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 02:47 PM   #997
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

Rear Diff Open Campaign

Nope this is not another thread complaining about the delay of deliveries due to the rear diff open campaign on the M cars.

Just have some interesting thoughts to the cause in depth.

This affects many cars ranging from the M2 all the way up to X's M cars. It does seem like a coincident when they just released the brand new M2 which is a lower price point product.

Did BMW screw up by saving some pennies for the diff used on the M2 and along the process screwing up all these other higher priced products?

Flame suit is on from M2 owners
Appreciate 2
Chuck W.356.00
      08-22-2016, 05:09 PM   #998
whatever
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck W. View Post
We are very close and arrived in Brunswick Georgia together on the Orion Highway; ED on 7/12, Drop-Off on 7/19. And.... no word on when delivery will be. Ugh....

Someone posted this in the m3 forums to help track how long this process is taking for everyone. Great idea just enter some basic info:

https://sites.google.com/site/mdeliverystop/

Edit: credit to m_matt

Hello there Chuck ,

I think I know your ID form the other forum. Yes, both our cars are on Orion Highway. I still have no update .

Here is my car:

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 07:45 PM   #999
Cannondale2016
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannondale2016
Ask to see the work order for the repair. This will list the exact parts used, even the bolts.
Thanks for your advice. My CA didn't response anything to me. Just push me to pick the car up. It is easy to show me the work order, I don't know why he is not giving me anything to approve.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 07:55 PM   #1000
Cannondale2016
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimzimma
Just picked her up!!!!

Wishing all a speedy delivery!
Hi, zimzimma. could you please ask your dealer about the bolts? Are they allowed to using the old one or they must have a new one for the replacement? My dealer try to avoid answer me on that, please help. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 09:19 PM   #1001
aussieintexas
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 SO/SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck W. View Post
We are very close and arrived in Brunswick Georgia together on the Orion Highway; ED on 7/12, Drop-Off on 7/19. And.... no word on when delivery will be. Ugh....

Someone posted this in the m3 forums to help track how long this process is taking for everyone. Great idea just enter some basic info:

https://sites.google.com/site/mdeliverystop/

Edit: credit to m_matt

Hello there Chuck ,

I think I know your ID form the other forum. Yes, both our cars are on Orion Highway. I still have no update .

Here is my car:

But yours has landed right?
2011 - 2006 E46 M3 Conv SMG Black/black - great (except for SMG) (Perth, Aust). 1st foray into M's -slippery slope (sold 2013)
ED 2009 E90 335i - Le Mans, (sold 2010)[URL="http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365925
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 05:09 AM   #1002
JDubz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever
Quote:
You do receive your registration on the same day you show proof of insurance, MCO , bill of sales and tax payment. Is there any reason why you register the vehicle prior to officially pick up date ? I'm curios if your sales person misinform you.
Guessing he lives in Mass (or some other state) , which does not allow you to drive on temp plates. It's awful.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 11:13 AM   #1003
dhinkchika
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 X5 xDrive 40i

I got an ETA today. Repair completion estimated to finish by 8/29 and delivery few days after that. They're being wishy washy about compensation even though it's more than 10 weeks.

Has anyone else here been compensated for late delivery?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 11:48 AM   #1004
Skubalon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikrg View Post
I got an ETA today. Repair completion estimated to finish by 8/29 and delivery few days after that. They're being wishy washy about compensation even though it's more than 10 weeks.

Who are you working with? Dealer? BMW NA? Someone else?
      08-23-2016, 11:56 AM   #1005
dhinkchika
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skubalon View Post
Who are you working with? Dealer? BMW NA? Someone else?
BMW NA
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 11:58 AM   #1006
Skubalon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
BMW NA
You did ED and they missed the window? If so, work with your ED rep "Special Sales Supervisor". Start there and work your way up if needed. Also look at the customer service contacts I posted on pg 23. You should be able to work out some compensation.
      08-23-2016, 12:01 PM   #1007
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikrg

At least you are getting some indication of when yours will be fixed. I still have no idea and BMW GB are saying nothing. There are people that ordered after me, cars built after mine that are getting their cars before me..

I was supposed to be 1st of sept delivery (ordered in April to ensure it was here) for the new reg (in the uk) no chance of that now
      08-23-2016, 12:26 PM   #1008
Robmbush
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blk/Blk F80 M3 Comp 2016

Compensation for the wait

Quote:

I'm looking for the same. I have been working with BMW NA and my agent says I will be compensated but they don't want to offer a number until the timeline for the fix is confirmed (parts available). BMW NA has stated they are authorized to cover payments and I'm thinking fair compensation is about an average payment per month ~$1500 this drags out. Minimum would be something closer to a lease payment since the 2016 cars are loosing value as the 2017s hit the ground. Current status is that mine is on the priority list and my dealer has been authorized and instructed how to place the parts order.

BMW M owners are some of the most loyal out there. I have owned an M3 almost continuously for the past 15 years and this will be my 4th. I have owned every model except the E 30 but this will be my first new BMW purchase (others were all extremely low millage garage queens). If they try to balk at compensation I will be escalating this internally until I find someone that understands customer acquisition cost "CAC" and Lifetime value "LTV". At 37 years old it would be a much better financial decision keeping me as a customer for the foreseeable future vs losing me entirely to Porsche (Good thing for them Porsche doesn't have a good looking 4 door family sled, I have a modified Cayman S already and a GT3-RS in the plan).

I'm in a little different scenario than most of you guys since I didn't order it and was in process of buying on off the dealer lot. I could theoretically still cancel my loan and walk away probably only loosing a bit of interest for the last 6 or so weeks. Problem is I really want my Black/Black comp package M3 even though it will technically be the wife's car! Until it goes out of warranty and I start modifying it to have over 600hp anyway.

I would like to hear what others think on the subject of compensation? Any success getting compensated to date?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 02:10 PM   #1009
AKG M3
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
At least you are getting some indication of when yours will be fixed. I still have no idea and BMW GB are saying nothing. There are people that ordered after me, cars built after mine that are getting their cars before me..

I was supposed to be 1st of sept delivery (ordered in April to ensure it was here) for the new reg (in the uk) no chance of that now
Scott, I totally feel your pain and frustration being kept in the dark with no information. Almost two weeks of running after my sales guy AND BMW Canada (who last week told me they'll have a manager look into my case) since my car is a July 12th build and still stuck at the plant but they tell me it's not the diff so why is it still there and hasn't shipped?

When I ordered in June I was supposed to take delivery next week. My gut tells me it'll get here in months, not weeks. Hope my gut is wrong.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 02:20 PM   #1010
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKG M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post

Scott, I totally feel your pain and frustration being kept in the dark with no information. Almost two weeks of running after my sales guy AND BMW Canada (who last week told me they'll have a manager look into my case) since my car is a July 12th build and still stuck at the plant but they tell me it's not the diff so why is it still there and hasn't shipped?

When I ordered in June I was supposed to take delivery next week. My gut tells me it'll get here in months, not weeks. Hope my gut is wrong.
It will be the diff, lots of people are in the same boat however BMW have keep quiet which in my opinion is shocking. They should be telling people why there cars have not arrived!!
      08-23-2016, 03:05 PM   #1011
DD88
LXO
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M3 ZCP CQ - 17

I just noticed that the part numbers for the diff is different depending on production year. Also, MY17 doesn't need the "repair kit". Its in Swedish but I attach the list in text format at the bottom if someone wants to check the numbers (or use google translate at your own risk)

The repair manual id for F8x is REP 33 10 017

Bakaxelväxel med spärr = Diff
Reperationssats iläggsmutter = Repair kit

The rest is just screws, nuts and sealings. The number at the end is the amount of pcs.

MY16 and earlier

Delnummer Beteckning Mängd
33 10 8 090 464 Bakaxelväxel med spärr (för F8x med tillverkningsdatum t.o.m. 2016-06-30) 1
33 12 7 854 163 Reperationssats iläggsmutter (för F8x med tillverkningsdatum t.o.m. 2016-06-30) 1
33 17 7 852 488 Sexkantsflänsskruv 1
46 53 8 534 589 Invändig torx med bricka 1
18 30 7 620 349 V-bandsklämma (F87) 1
33 32 6 760 380 Kombimutter 4
31 10 6 769 907 Skruv med bricka 2
18 30 7 851 168 Tätning (utom F87) 2
18 30 7 613 551 Ytter-torx 2
07 11 9 904 024 Sexkantsmutter 4
07 11 9 904 793 Sexkantsmutter med bricka 2
33 41 1 133 785 Flänsmutter 2
33 14 1 206 439 Låsring 2

MY17

Delnummer Beteckning Mängd
33 10 8 090 473 Bakaxelväxel med spärr (för F8x med tillverkningsdatum fr.o.m. 2016-07-01) 1
33 17 7 852 488 Sexkantsflänsskruv 1
46 53 8 534 589 Invändig torx med bricka 1
18 30 7 620 349 V-bandsklämma (F87) 1
33 32 6 760 380 Kombimutter 4
31 10 6 769 907 Skruv med bricka 2
18 30 7 851 168 Tätning (utom F87) 2
18 30 7 613 551 Ytter-torx 2
07 11 9 904 024 Sexkantsmutter 4
07 11 9 904 793 Sexkantsmutter med bricka 2
33 41 1 133 785 Flänsmutter 2
33 14 1 206 439 Låsring 2
      08-23-2016, 04:31 PM   #1012
Rogue///M3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White BMW F80 M3

Quote:

I too am curious as i also have my 16 f80 m3 at the Hueneme port.. maybe it would be a good idea to start up a thread to see if any other have been compensated for the horrible wait ?
Appreciate 0