BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > LIFTED! Delivery Stop on Certain BMW M2, M3, M4, 5 and 6 Series For Rear Differential

08-16-2016, 09:55 AM   #881
sb1805
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Nova
My car has had the diff swap and was released to a carrier.

For folks like me who did Euro delivery, my question is, how does the 1200 mile service factor in?

My car had 1100 miles when I dropped it off in Munich. I was assuming that the 1200 mile service would be done at my dealership when it was redelivered, but now it's got a new diff.

hmmm...
Which VPC were you at? When did you drop off the car in Europe?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 10:05 AM   #882
Super Nova
Super Nova
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1805 View Post
Which VPC were you at? When did you drop off the car in Europe?
I dropped off in Munich June 7th. My car is at the NJ VPC.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 10:13 AM   #883
Cannondale2016
Private
Rep
Drives: M42016

My car just fixed. I still doubt that BMW really fixed the issue.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 10:30 AM   #884
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannondale2016 View Post
Not sure what you mean. Are you saying that you've picked up a car that has had the diff replaced, but you're hearing the odd noises that is supposed to be fixed??
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 10:39 AM   #885
Cannondale2016
Private
Rep
Drives: M42016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-MINI
Quote:
Not sure what you mean. Are you saying that you've picked up a car that has had the diff replaced, but you're hearing the odd noises that is supposed to be fixed??
The car just fixed. I haven't pick up the car yet. I am just worried about it.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 10:47 AM   #886
FirstF80InSpace
///M You
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 Porsche 718 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKG M3 View Post
Yeah that, keep us posted. I put 5k down and would like to know if I can get my money back if this doesn't resolve in a timely manner.
Curious why did you put so much down? You can put $2000 down if you wanted to.

At the very least, you should go back to the dealership and say you want some of your deposit back. They'll just cut you a cheque for the difference.

If this drags on any longer, you may as well order a MY 2017, especially if the MY 2016's are going to be delivered around the same time frame.

For reference, mine is due to arrive probably around mid-November.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 11:50 AM   #887
pm3ball
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

I did ED on a 2016 M3, and I dropped the car off in Zurich on June 9th. The vehicle arrived in NJ on July 18, and I have yet to receive it. I have confirmed from multiple sources that my car is not subject to the differential campaign, but no one seems to be able to come up with the reason for the delay in shipment. It has been ready for shipping since August 5th, at one point I was told that it had shipped, but then three days later it "unshipped" in the system, and it remains in NJ to this day. I was wondering if there was anyone else that has had a similar experience, who was not subject to the differential issue.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 11:58 AM   #888
AKG M3
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenCommunist View Post
Curious why did you put so much down? You can put $2000 down if you wanted to.

At the very least, you should go back to the dealership and say you want some of your deposit back. They'll just cut you a cheque for the difference.

If this drags on any longer, you may as well order a MY 2017, especially if the MY 2016's are going to be delivered around the same time frame.

For reference, mine is due to arrive probably around mid-November.
I frankly didn't know there was a prescribed/standard amount for ordering a car so maybe I was had. My deposit is for an M5 so I put down half and the rest when the car gets here, which for me, was supposed to be August 30th (I ordered June 25).

Since production ends in October, there will be no MY2017 for the F10 M5.

Can't believe yours will get here in November that's another three months!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 12:02 PM   #889
AKG M3
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm3ball View Post
I did ED on a 2016 M3, and I dropped the car off in Zurich on June 9th. The vehicle arrived in NJ on July 18, and I have yet to receive it. I have confirmed from multiple sources that my car is not subject to the differential campaign, but no one seems to be able to come up with the reason for the delay in shipment. It has been ready for shipping since August 5th, at one point I was told that it had shipped, but then three days later it "unshipped" in the system, and it remains in NJ to this day. I was wondering if there was anyone else that has had a similar experience, who was not subject to the differential issue.
Same as you, I was told my vin was not affected but car still hasn't shipped one month following assembly and been since Friday I'm waiting on the reason why this is the case. Only thing I can think about is that as they're repairing the diffs of previously built cars, they're taking precedent on the carriers so they can get to people faster given those guys have been waiting longer....but that is just me speculating....
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 12:09 PM   #890
pm3ball
Registered
United_States
Rep

Yeah, that was basically my guess as well, except my car was built in May and it's already been 10 weeks since I dropped it off at the port and 4 weeks since it arrived in NJ. It seems like some people have had their diffs already replaced and received the car, since my car has just been sitting there. Not to mention my car is a 2016, and it seems some people are already receiving 17's...
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 12:44 PM   #891
FrenchBoy
Lieutenant Colonel
France
Rep
Drives: '16 F80 M3

Are the 2017 model year coming off the line, or are they being held off as well?

Considering the potential longer wait, I am seriously considering cancelling my 2016 F80 and ordering a 2017 instead.

Thanks,

Current: 2016 F80 M3 6-Speed | SO | AB XT1 | ZCP | M Performance Suspension | GC Camber Plates
Previous: 2009 E90 M3
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 01:08 PM   #892
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Don't worry about it! Enjoy your new car...any issues BMW still has to address under warranty. gmzanatta is also in Halifax...he would kill to have his car repaired and ready for pickup!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 01:14 PM   #893
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchBoy
Are the 2017 model year coming off the line, or are they being held off as well?

Considering the potential longer wait, I am seriously considering cancelling my 2016 F80 and ordering a 2017 instead.

Thanks,
Mine is a 2017 car and is held at the factory, genius has just told me it will be delivered week commencing 5th of sept however that is being pushed out every week. My handover date was supposed to be the 1st of sept...
      08-16-2016, 01:17 PM   #894
aussieintexas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 SO/SS

So I have been through a total cluster in the last week.
My car was released for shipping after diff repair finished last Monday - 8th - got the notification it would be at the dealer for pickup Thursday. After making travel arrangements was told they hadn't repaired the scratch on the bumper from ED. So they unreleased it while I was flying back from Egypt. Said it would ship Wednesday for Friday pickup. No problem. Then they said it would ship Friday and would get it there for Saturday. Ok. My son and I were spending a couple of days in Orlando seeing some parks anyway.
Anyway - no Saturday and no-one knows.
Long story short it was supposed to be on a truck yesterday (Monday) because apparently it had been released to the transport company on Friday but BMW did not give a bay number and within a thousand or so cars at the distribution center they couldn't find it.
I spoke to the transport company myself this morning and the guy said all they had was a vin. Not even a description so gave him that and he called me back a minute ago and said he found it but now BMW won't release it because it has a hold on it because of a diff recall - wait. - have we gone full circle!
Bear in mind I have been waiting in Daytona Beach since Thursday - supposed to leave Sunday to drive home. Had to put my son on a plane back yesterday to start school tomorrow.
I have emailed the group of Execs that helped get the diff repair pushed along including Head of M, manager of customer relations AND the CEO and phoned A few of them.
Just spoke to Sabrina at ED who had had trouble getting the VPC to respond and only after I told her what I found out did she confirm that she just found this out and was working on it!
I'm checked out of my hotel expecting to be on my way today!
Gotta tell you - I'm at a loss! What a mess!
2011 - 2006 E46 M3 Conv SMG Black/black - great (except for SMG) (Perth, Aust). 1st foray into M's -slippery slope (sold 2013)
ED 2009 E90 335i - Le Mans, (sold 2010)[URL="http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365925
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 01:23 PM   #895
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieintexas
My car was released for shipping after diff repair finished last Monday - 8th - got the notification it would be at the dealer for pickup Thursday. After making travel arrangements was told they hadn't repaired the scratch on the bumper from ED. So they unreleased it while I was flying back from Egypt. Said it would ship Wednesday for Friday pickup. No problem. Then they said it would ship Friday and would get it there for Saturday. Ok. My son and I were spending a couple of days in Orlando seeing some parks anyway.
Long story short it was supposed to be on a truck yesterday (Monday) because apparently it had been released to the transport company on Friday but BMW did not give a bay number and within a thousand or so cars at the distribution center they couldn't find it.
I spoke to the transport company myself this morning and the guy said all they had was a vin. Not even a description so gave him that and he called me back a minute ago and said he found it but now BMW won't release it because it has a hold on it because of a diff recall - wait. - have we gone full circle!
Bear in mind I have been waiting in Daytona Beach since Thursday - supposed to leave Sunday to drive home. Had to put my son on a plane back yesterday to start school tomorrow.
I have emailed the group of Execs that helped get the diff repair pushed along including Head of M, manager of customer relations AND the CEO and phoned A few of them.
Just spoke to Sabrina at ED who had had trouble getting the VPC to respond and only after I told her what I found out did she confirm that she just found this out and was working on it!
I agree, never heard anything like this.. No one seems to have a clue about what is going on including BMW HQ, the communication is shockingly bad.. If my car is not here by the time I am back from holiday I might starting looking else where and not at BMW!!
      08-16-2016, 01:58 PM   #896
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-MINI
Quote:
Don't worry about it! Enjoy your new car...any issues BMW still has to address under warranty. gmzanatta is also in Halifax...he would kill to have his car repaired and ready for pickup!
Hey now, I'm in NB
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 01:59 PM   #897
Halewafa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SO/SO M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieintexas View Post
Dang, that's what I was afraid of. I was told yesterday that my car had been repaired and no more work needed to be done. It's being sent to PCD and should be available for pickup next week. Didn't want to get my hopes up until I saw whether or not you got your car. Guess I won't hold my breath until I get an actual call from PCD telling me my car is there and I can come get it.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 02:00 PM   #898
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungE30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikehb18 View Post
Cars aren't gonna be finished intill the end of October fellas so there's no point of speculating
Pot calling the kettle black?
He's not. There's official documentation by BMW, see the third to last page on the "Updated Differentials" thread in the F87 forums (app won't let me post direct link...).
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 02:02 PM   #899
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
Hey now, I'm in NB
Doh!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 02:14 PM   #900
pm3ball
Registered
United_States
Rep

I guess posting to the forum is good luck. I just got a call saying my car was released to a trucking company to be here the 18th of Aug. We'll see if it actually happens...
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 02:33 PM   #901
aussieintexas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 SO/SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halewafa
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieintexas View Post
Dang, that's what I was afraid of. I was told yesterday that my car had been repaired and no more work needed to be done. It's being sent to PCD and should be available for pickup next week. Didn't want to get my hopes up until I saw whether or not you got your car. Guess I won't hold my breath until I get an actual call from PCD telling me my car is there and I can come get it.
I have since had a call from Thomas and it has been given an immediate release. He commented that he has never seen a snafu like this one and one day if I'm in NY/NJ area he will tell me about it over a beer.
I am keeping in contact with the dispatcher for the trucking company and he confirms he now has the release and has assigned it to a driver and expects it to make the dealership before close today. I asked him to text me a photo of it loaded - which he said he will do!
Having said all that - I've been told many things in the last few days.
Let's see if it comes together.
They say if you want something done do it yourself...
I think BMW need me to go review this process and implement some changes
2011 - 2006 E46 M3 Conv SMG Black/black - great (except for SMG) (Perth, Aust). 1st foray into M's -slippery slope (sold 2013)
ED 2009 E90 335i - Le Mans, (sold 2010)[URL="http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365925
Appreciate 2
drexplode1762.00
Halewafa353.00
      08-16-2016, 03:31 PM   #902
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchBoy View Post

Thanks,
There will be a many MY17s delivered before all the MY16s are fixed. Since you're west coast, I would wager the MY17 would still take longer.