BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > UK > LLF latest Vlog...

06-03-2019, 09:11 AM   #1
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

LLF latest Vlog...

No surprise - modding a car on a finance deal - LLF Ricky is either a fool or naive or both.

He’s a vlogger choosing to use YT as a platform to self-promote, gaining notoriety and a following.

He’s using his financed car to tell a story about modifications.

The car is supposed to have a GMFV which, in the eyes of BMW, is now tending towards zero due to his mods.

No wonder then BMW want him to settle in full so as he can continue his very public journey owning the car outright.
      06-04-2019, 05:21 AM   #2
ChrisCSL
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 M Performance

Ouch!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 08:01 AM   #3
ZeroFx
Major
Rep
Drives: M4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post

No surprise - modding a car on a finance deal - LLF Ricky is either a fool or naive or both.

He’s a vlogger choosing to use YT as a platform to self-promote, gaining notoriety and a following.

The car is supposed to have a GMFV which, in the eyes of BMW, is now tending towards zero due to his mods.

No wonder then BMW want him to settle in full so as he can continue his very public journey owning the car outright.
And anyone who mods their car on this forum is guilty of the same breach of contract. Could happen to any one who even does a small mod. He was miss sold his pcp by BMW berry. I'd be worried if I was them as it's a regulated sale and the buyer has the protection.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 08:09 AM   #4
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroFx View Post
Quote:

And anyone who mods their car on this forum is guilty of the same breach of contract. Could happen to any one who even does a small mod. He was miss sold his pcp by BMW berry. I'd be worried if I was them as it's a regulated sale and the buyer has the protection.
I doubt he'd have any recourse against a dealer finance package as "changes to the car" is a standard clause in any HP/PCP heads of terms.
      06-04-2019, 08:47 AM   #5
ZeroFx
Major
Rep

Quote:
I doubt he'd have any recourse against a dealer finance package as "changes to the car" is a standard clause in any HP/PCP heads of terms.
Except that hes the protected party. They sold him an unsuitable finance package for his circumstances. Knowing full well hes a vlogger and big car modder. TRL has sold a load of cars to vloggers who mod. Not to mention every normal person who on PCP has mods of some kind.

Dumb move on bmws part here.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 09:50 AM   #6
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Except that hes the protected party. They sold him an unsuitable finance package for his circumstances. Knowing full well hes a vlogger and big car modder. TRL has sold a load of cars to vloggers who mod. Not to mention every normal person who on PCP has mods of some kind.

Dumb move on bmws part here.
Reads like you were there when TRL did the talk thru to Ricky on his finance deal :

Vlogger/modder - depends what facts Ricky declared to secure his finance package. No doubt, Ricky would have been told to read T&C's in full and reminded of his rights re a cooling off period to bail out of the finance and or return the car.

Protected party - agree 100% provided Ricky complies with all T&C's of the lease he signed, which goes beyond the DD for his ~£600++/month.
      06-04-2019, 12:18 PM   #7
ZeroFx
Major
Rep

Quote:
Reads like you were there when TRL did the talk thru to Ricky on his finance deal :

Vlogger/modder - depends what facts Ricky declared to secure his finance package. No doubt, Ricky would have been told to read T&C's in full and reminded of his rights re a cooling off period to bail out of the finance and or return the car.

Protected party - agree 100% provided Ricky complies with all T&C's of the lease he signed, which goes beyond the DD for his ~£600++/month.
No but I watch the videos and having seen something similar before . I know it's on the lender to make sure the finance product you buy is suitable for your circumstances. Terms and conditions are hard to enforce by the lender. Ricky's protection is enshrined in law and my money is betting that berry are going to get the blame for this.

This is a bit like endowment/ppi/package bank accounts. Lenders knew full well they were unsuitable for certain people and they carried on selling them anyway. The buyer gets significant protection and the lender is on the hook if they mess up.

Be interesting to see how this plays out
Appreciate 1
Bee Pee1736.00
      06-05-2019, 05:35 AM   #8
robmx
Private
Rep
Drives: M2

Just posted this in another thread on here but I guess due to the US bias it'll not get as much traction out there.....

Quote:
I'm not surprised this has happened and I feel BMW may be making an example of the guy seeing as he has a following on social media etc. It's something that must be happening a lot these days. A lot of young UK car enthusiasts are doing this sort of thing and it must be costing the industry a lot of money. So many modified cars will be financed and for them to have the cars returned with dodgy engine and chassis mods must be a minefield when it comes to resale. Particularly as they may not be aware of them, as no sales exec is going to be looking for them prior to trade in.

On the flip side, I've modified cars lightly on PCP before and never had a problem, in fact the sales guys have actually seen the re-fitment of nearly new suspension, wheels, tyres and exhaust as a bonus to them....
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 12:21 PM   #9
SimonBam
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp

Quote:
Not everyone...
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2019, 04:27 PM   #10
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M2

He has the car still, likely bank loaned it.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2019, 04:45 PM   #11
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3t3p View Post
He has the car still, likely bank loaned it.
Click bait follow up video 💰💰💰💰
      06-10-2019, 01:24 PM   #12
widetyres
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 DCT, 2012

Hmmmm, he's done exactly what bmw manipulated him to do, in that he's circumstance is now all over the Internet and people are going to perhaps think twice before modding.

Hopefully he'll get so many clicks that YouTube will fund his bill!
Appreciate 1
Bee Pee1736.00