BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > M2C vs M5 vs I8 until new M4?

08-27-2019, 12:50 PM   #23
FreeDarko
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

I'm doing this now as I type. M3 to M2c.

Hopefully it will hold me over till the new M3 comes out.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 09:30 AM   #24
Defiant2
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 Hockenheim M2C

Garage List
Fun choices to make! I had to make similar one a few years ago.

The i8 is too expensive for what it is, so either pick one up on swap-a-lease or from a forum member lease take over (I did - was a GREAT two-years too) or you can get one in the $60k range now... and most people drove these like 5th cars and have low mileage. (mine had 35k - daily drive that sucker!). Sport mode 0-60 runs that were quick enough (high 3's if memory serves) and in FL - there aren't any fun roads anyway to worry about grippy tires or precise steering feel... and a super efficient and fun GT/cruiser for the other 95% of the time. When the lease ran out, if BMW would have negotiated on their ridiculous purchase price, I probably would have kept it at least for another 2 years until the kids would outgrow it. The doors grew old, but you could fit in even tight spots where normal opening doors (with as long as these were) would have banished you to the outer reaches. Surprisingly, I never cracked my head and the really large opening made getting the kids in the back relatively easy (not to mention they thought they were in a spaceship).

In an M2C now as my "interim car," but it may remain in the family as it's a lot of fun. (though, ~220-250 miles to tank is painful after being able to months without taking the time to refuel the i8 - plug at home and work).

Taycan (if it ends up close to the Mission e) was going to be the "eventual," but if it just looks like smaller Panamera... back to the drawing board.

best of luck!
Appreciate 0