M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Ohlins knocking

07-29-2023, 07:41 AM   #133
jayk12
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw m2 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc335 View Post
I think it handles them well - certainly much better than the stock suspension.
Hey buddy, so i went in a friend's car which as M Performance coilovers on. Its was much softer (he isn't sure on his settings) it was probably too soft, as over undulations it was rubbing.

With 80/160 springs do you get any rubbing? At the moment with 90/190 i dont, and im on 10MM spacers and 255/275 tyres. However over big bumps at speed i didn't get lauched out of my seat but i didn't like the way the car felt like itbwas going to bottom out.

Alot of people in the UK rave about the MP Coilovers for road.

Not really sure on what to do, change spring rates or just put MP coilovers on which have individual adjustment for rebound and stiffness. My car is mostly road but fast road and then 4 track days a year.

Also watch this video and the Ohlins rear damper is very similar to the OE damper.

https://youtu.be/m5kJmbSEkVo
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2023, 02:15 AM   #134
usc335
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C, '08 E92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayk12 View Post
Hey buddy, so i went in a friend's car which as M Performance coilovers on. Its was much softer (he isn't sure on his settings) it was probably too soft, as over undulations it was rubbing.

With 80/160 springs do you get any rubbing? At the moment with 90/190 i dont, and im on 10MM spacers and 255/275 tyres. However over big bumps at speed i didn't get lauched out of my seat but i didn't like the way the car felt like itbwas going to bottom out.

Alot of people in the UK rave about the MP Coilovers for road.

Not really sure on what to do, change spring rates or just put MP coilovers on which have individual adjustment for rebound and stiffness. My car is mostly road but fast road and then 4 track days a year.

Also watch this video and the Ohlins rear damper is very similar to the OE damper.

https://youtu.be/m5kJmbSEkVo
I rubbed only one time on the freeway at about 75 mph when I hit a huge dip. I have no idea where I rubbed though. I don’t think it was the springs that caused the rubbing.. It has more to do with my Titan 7 TS-5 wheels (F 19x9.5 ET27 | R 19x10.5 ET44) with 5mm spacers all around on Michelin PS4S 255/35 and 275/35.
Appreciate 0