BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Active Sound Design (ASD) topics

02-10-2024, 08:33 AM   #859
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by philth View Post
I installed the harness and it made a world of difference in the car. No unnatural, enveloping drone in the car. The exhaust noise comes from where it should, toward the back. The ASD just doesn’t sound (or feel) natural to the car, especially with an MPE. When travelling with a passenger, you no longer need to yell to have a convo. No more headaches after a longer drive. The stereo sounds cleaner (even though it’s still shit and rarely used).
YMMV though. I’m sensitive to noise, so maybe I notice a bigger difference than others would. My girlfriend also noticed a big difference after the harness went in. As did my brother. I went with the harness because I read some things about just turning it off via apps that didn’t seem like the best solution for me. The harness was ‘one and done’.
I have none of the stuff you listed with my Fabspeed sport cat and Dinan resonator delete.
Appreciate 1
philth163.50
      02-10-2024, 08:52 AM   #860
philth
Private
Rep
Drives: F87 N55

Hence the YMMV in my post.
People experience/perceive/feel sound differently. What bothers me, may not bother others.
Appreciate 0