BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > I think I've got my M2C pretty much sorted.....

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-28-2020, 03:23 PM   #45
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
flybigjet's Avatar
United_States
3378
Rep
1,375
Posts

Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Littleton (Denver), CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMadness View Post
Apex EC-7s are a great looking wheel in my opinion. To that extent I bought them before I even took delivery of my M2C. Lots of discussion on forums on tire sizes. I agree with you on the 30 series aspect ratio being a bit harsh for DD. However reading each tire spec makes a big difference on what you might pick. Even same size tires have different measurements in aspect ratio, diameter on the wheel, and track width. My suggestion would be to evaluate whether you really want wheels or happy with 788s. Once that's been decided then go with the tires you want with the best fit.

I personally like stock wheels on my car but want slightly larger width wheel to go +1 and still maintain the stock stretched look with most tires. Generally, cross section width increases even with same size tire as you go up in wider wheel size once mounted and load is placed on it after proper inflation.

So 255/275 with 35 series aspect ratio might be what I land up with in the end to avoid any fender liner issues as I will also be using MP coils in the near future and have similar ride quality to stock without additional risks of pinched flats on 30 series tires.

I'm driving the car through winter in stock form so I can sit with my decisions and truly experience the car in stock from before camber, wheels, tires, suspension, modifications.
I'm sort of getting "paralysis by analysis", but am starting to consider either the Apex EC-7's or the Titan7 T-S5's, but am not sure of either yet. I really like the angularity of the 763M's as opposed to the more organic look of the spokes on the Apexes, but it's very hard to judge if I like them or not by a picture.

I'm just about at the point to try to fly out to somewhere where someone has a set just to look at them!

I think from researching, either will fit a 265/295 in a 30 sidewall-- but I'm not sure about increasing additional understeer. I'd prefer a 275/295, but apparently that's a no-go without significant negative camber (which I'm not a fan of). The other consideration is the 30 series sidewall and ride height. I've read "It's terrible in comparison to the stock tires", and I've also read "It's about the same as the stock tires as the PS4S is a better tire".

I don't quite know what to believe.

The whole point of this is to keep a compliant ride, but to allow the car to put down the power (~550hp) from the Carbahn tune. Probably two goals at cross-purposes, and it's really starting to get to me!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2020, 04:20 PM   #46
GarageMadness
MDM = Must Drive More
GarageMadness's Avatar
United_States
474
Rep
415
Posts

Drives: 2021 M2 Competition
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMadness View Post
Apex EC-7s are a great looking wheel in my opinion. To that extent I bought them before I even took delivery of my M2C. Lots of discussion on forums on tire sizes. I agree with you on the 30 series aspect ratio being a bit harsh for DD. However reading each tire spec makes a big difference on what you might pick. Even same size tires have different measurements in aspect ratio, diameter on the wheel, and track width. My suggestion would be to evaluate whether you really want wheels or happy with 788s. Once that's been decided then go with the tires you want with the best fit.

I personally like stock wheels on my car but want slightly larger width wheel to go +1 and still maintain the stock stretched look with most tires. Generally, cross section width increases even with same size tire as you go up in wider wheel size once mounted and load is placed on it after proper inflation.

So 255/275 with 35 series aspect ratio might be what I land up with in the end to avoid any fender liner issues as I will also be using MP coils in the near future and have similar ride quality to stock without additional risks of pinched flats on 30 series tires.

I'm driving the car through winter in stock form so I can sit with my decisions and truly experience the car in stock from before camber, wheels, tires, suspension, modifications.
I'm sort of getting "paralysis by analysis", but am starting to consider either the Apex EC-7's or the Titan7 T-S5's, but am not sure of either yet. I really like the angularity of the 763M's as opposed to the more organic look of the spokes on the Apexes, but it's very hard to judge if I like them or not by a picture.

I'm just about at the point to try to fly out to somewhere where someone has a set just to look at them!

I think from researching, either will fit a 265/295 in a 30 sidewall-- but I'm not sure about increasing additional understeer. I'd prefer a 275/295, but apparently that's a no-go without significant negative camber (which I'm not a fan of). The other consideration is the 30 series sidewall and ride height. I've read "It's terrible in comparison to the stock tires", and I've also read "It's about the same as the stock tires as the PS4S is a better tire".

I don't quite know what to believe.

The whole point of this is to keep a compliant ride, but to allow the car to put down the power (~550hp) from the Carbahn tune. Probably two goals at cross-purposes, and it's really starting to get to me!
Get the Apex or Titan wheels as they are wider and offer friendly M2C offsets. Once you have them you can try out different tire size combinations, including 255/275-35 and 265/295-30 setups. Plus you'll always have the stock wheels for extra measure.

Dial in some moderate camber and even corner balance for cross weight if you have ride height adjustment available. If not just some camber and toe adjustments will dial out some understeer. AD08R and RE71R tires are very wide and stiff on the 255/275 setup so should offer improved grip. Regardless it may prove difficult to have extraordinary improvement in rear tire grip given the vast amount of power and torque being put down with any tune plus the rear wheel drive format. It's probably more reasonable to attain predictable oversteer with camber, alignment, and tire sizes in question.

I did some research on tire options.

255/275 Tire Size and Specs Comparison

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1786104
__________________
'21 M2 Comp
Sunset Orange | MT | Exec Pkg
Appreciate 1
flybigjet3377.50
      12-28-2020, 07:49 PM   #47
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
Belgium
16472
Rep
11,526
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 Competition
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
I really like the look of the 763M's, but a) they're pricey for what they are and b) I *think* that in 19's, they only come in matte black and gold? Neither of which appeal to me in the slightest-- especially with a SOM M2C. If they came in a titanium or even a silver, I'd be very, very tempted.
No fan of black or gold colored wheels either. I solved it my way: asked my BMW M dealer to have my black 763M set refinished in 'Orbit Grey' (which is the original wheel paint of the 763M on the M3 CS and M4 CS). It looks gunmetal with a discreet grey-blue shine, pops in full sunlight and looks charcoal/black in the dark.

Upon arrival of my black 763M set, my dealer removed my Cup2 tires and had a wheel paint shop pick them up for treatment. And that shop did a decent job. Dealer invoiced something close to €440 for the whole set, if my memory serves me well. Actually, I never asked whether they were powdercoated or painted. Let's keep it to "refinished".

Of course, as always be careful not to scratch the wheels (rim rash). Some refrain from powdercoating wheels because of risks involved (pointing out the risk to pre-maturely age/weaken the metal alloy to the point that it is more brittle). Others point out that powdercoating curing temps are nowhere near high enough to have any effect on the metal.

An alternative color for the OEM BMW wheel color 'Orbit Grey' to consider: the Ferrari wheel color 'Grigio Corsa Matte' (Ferrari Corsa Matte Grey), which is also very nice. Forum fellow Greg75 had his black 763M set for his Long Beach Blue M2 refinished in that Ferrari wheel paint color.

BMW Orbit Grey:



On my former M2:






On my M2C:










Ferrari Corsa Matte Grey:
(pictures by Greg75)











__________________
///M is art Artemis
Appreciate 3
flybigjet3377.50
hlm2c240.00
      12-30-2020, 06:36 PM   #48
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
flybigjet's Avatar
United_States
3378
Rep
1,375
Posts

Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Littleton (Denver), CO

iTrader: (0)

Talked to the Minister of War and Finance today and got cleared to pull the trigger on Apex's M2C-specific 10" EC-7's in Anthracite w/ MP4S's in 265/295-30.

Happy Christmas (and New Years, Birthday, Anniversary, etc.) to me.

I even brought up the MPS suspension "down the road", and I'm still breathing, so that's a plus.
Appreciate 5
      12-30-2020, 08:50 PM   #49
Matt Devo
Recovering RS4 owner
United_States
278
Rep
401
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Talked to the Minister of War and Finance today and got cleared to pull the trigger on Apex's M2C-specific 10" EC-7's in Anthracite w/ MP4S's in 265/295-30.
an excellent choice, exactly what I just fitted myself
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 09:16 PM   #50
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
Belgium
16472
Rep
11,526
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 Competition
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
talked to the minister of war and finance today and got cleared to pull the trigger on apex's m2c-specific 10" ec-7's in anthracite w/ mp4s's in 265/295-30.
Happy christmas (and new years, birthday, anniversary, etc.) to me.
I even brought up the mps suspension "down the road", and i'm still breathing, so that's a plus.
Name:  Pleasure_Room_2.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  73.4 KB

Name:  Pleasure_Room_1.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  43.5 KB
__________________
///M is art Artemis
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2020, 11:33 AM   #51
ASAP
Major General
ASAP's Avatar
No_Country
4572
Rep
5,402
Posts

Drives: Cheapest M Car
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: No State Income Tax

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Talked to the Minister of War and Finance today and got cleared to pull the trigger on Apex's M2C-specific 10" EC-7's in Anthracite w/ MP4S's in 265/295-30.

Happy Christmas (and New Years, Birthday, Anniversary, etc.) to me.

I even brought up the MPS suspension "down the road", and I'm still breathing, so that's a plus.
A more powerful position than POTUS
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2020, 11:34 AM   #52
ASAP
Major General
ASAP's Avatar
No_Country
4572
Rep
5,402
Posts

Drives: Cheapest M Car
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: No State Income Tax

iTrader: (0)

also those ferric grey 763s look amazing
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2020, 08:22 PM   #53
GarageMadness
MDM = Must Drive More
GarageMadness's Avatar
United_States
474
Rep
415
Posts

Drives: 2021 M2 Competition
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Talked to the Minister of War and Finance today and got cleared to pull the trigger on Apex's M2C-specific 10" EC-7's in Anthracite w/ MP4S's in 265/295-30.

Happy Christmas (and New Years, Birthday, Anniversary, etc.) to me.

I even brought up the MPS suspension "down the road", and I'm still breathing, so that's a plus.
That's why I'd did the ultimate mod before buying that M2C.....wife delete coding.

Glad you got things sorted out. Let me know experience with that tire size setup.
__________________
'21 M2 Comp
Sunset Orange | MT | Exec Pkg
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2021, 11:54 PM   #54
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
flybigjet's Avatar
United_States
3378
Rep
1,375
Posts

Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Littleton (Denver), CO

iTrader: (0)

So, I've more or less got the wheels sorted and made my decision-- right up until I got an email from Richland Forged saying that they're considering a M2C-friendly rear offset.

I thought hard about it, but the Wife still likes the Apex's better (she says that the RF's and 763M's look like stick figures, and now that she's said it, I see her point on the 30-series tires.). The Apex's are a bit cheaper and I think I'm starting to like the slightly bulkier look of the extra Y-spoke.

Anyhow, the wheels/tires are on backorder until March, so now it's time to start considering/researching a suspension upgrade.

The goal is a very slight ride height drop (no more than a 1/2", depending on how the Apex's look on the 30-series MP4S's), and a little better low-speed "daily-driver" comfort, but with good high-speed handling. Since I intend to "set once" and never touch things again, the MPS is kind of where I'm leaning. I have no interest in endless suspension tweaking-- I won't track the car, and I have enough other toys (Honda Element, R1200GS & V-Rod Muscle) to play with that my wife would kill me if I started disassembling yet another vehicle on a weekly basis.

One other issue that I still don't quite understand is that with the Apex front wheel and the MPS, I'll need to run a 5mm spacer to clear the spring. I get that, but not how that would effect fender clearance-- you'd think I'd be solving one problem and creating another. Call me confused.

So far, I'm leaning towards this setup.....

- Apex 5mm front wheel spacers
- Apex wheel bolts (fronts only, +5mm)
- BMW M-Performance suspension
- HP Autosport adjustable end-links
- Milway “Street” monoballs (not sure about these for street use?)
- TITEtec wheel locks
- Vorshlag camber plates

That's probably overkill for a street setup, but I feel that if you're going to do it, do it right. Of course, nothing will happen until I drive the car on the new wheel/tire setup for a while to see how I like it, and I'll have to see if the wheel gap drives me nuts (I considered H.A.S or lowering springs, but... too many Bad Things can happen to the stock shocks.)

Comments and suggestions gladly accepted-- I'm just sort of spooling up on this. The last suspension I modified was my e46 M3 fifteen years ago, and that was more or less going to Ground Control with a credit card and saying "Here's what I want, tell me what I need". I'm trying to be a little smarter this time around.

R.

EDIT: I just found out that TC Kline makes a nice kit for the M2C-- single adjustable up front, double in the rear, and it includes camber plates. The front spring is also a different shape than the MPS one, so maybe I could get away without the 5mm spacers?

Any comparison between the MPS and the TC Kline?

R.

Last edited by flybigjet; 01-03-2021 at 12:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 11:22 PM   #55
GarageMadness
MDM = Must Drive More
GarageMadness's Avatar
United_States
474
Rep
415
Posts

Drives: 2021 M2 Competition
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
So, I've more or less got the wheels sorted and made my decision-- right up until I got an email from Richland Forged saying that they're considering a M2C-friendly rear offset.

I thought hard about it, but the Wife still likes the Apex's better (she says that the RF's and 763M's look like stick figures, and now that she's said it, I see her point on the 30-series tires.). The Apex's are a bit cheaper and I think I'm starting to like the slightly bulkier look of the extra Y-spoke.

Anyhow, the wheels/tires are on backorder until March, so now it's time to start considering/researching a suspension upgrade.

The goal is a very slight ride height drop (no more than a 1/2", depending on how the Apex's look on the 30-series MP4S's), and a little better low-speed "daily-driver" comfort, but with good high-speed handling. Since I intend to "set once" and never touch things again, the MPS is kind of where I'm leaning. I have no interest in endless suspension tweaking-- I won't track the car, and I have enough other toys (Honda Element, R1200GS & V-Rod Muscle) to play with that my wife would kill me if I started disassembling yet another vehicle on a weekly basis.

One other issue that I still don't quite understand is that with the Apex front wheel and the MPS, I'll need to run a 5mm spacer to clear the spring. I get that, but not how that would effect fender clearance-- you'd think I'd be solving one problem and creating another. Call me confused.

So far, I'm leaning towards this setup.....

- Apex 5mm front wheel spacers
- Apex wheel bolts (fronts only, +5mm)
- BMW M-Performance suspension
- HP Autosport adjustable end-links
- Milway "Street" monoballs (not sure about these for street use?)
- TITEtec wheel locks
- Vorshlag camber plates

That's probably overkill for a street setup, but I feel that if you're going to do it, do it right. Of course, nothing will happen until I drive the car on the new wheel/tire setup for a while to see how I like it, and I'll have to see if the wheel gap drives me nuts (I considered H.A.S or lowering springs, but... too many Bad Things can happen to the stock shocks.)

Comments and suggestions gladly accepted-- I'm just sort of spooling up on this. The last suspension I modified was my e46 M3 fifteen years ago, and that was more or less going to Ground Control with a credit card and saying "Here's what I want, tell me what I need". I'm trying to be a little smarter this time around.

R.

EDIT: I just found out that TC Kline makes a nice kit for the M2C-- single adjustable up front, double in the rear, and it includes camber plates. The front spring is also a different shape than the MPS one, so maybe I could get away without the 5mm spacers?

Any comparison between the MPS and the TC Kline?

R.
TC Kline is reportedly the best tried and tested setup for track and has options in spring settings. I believe the development of the suspension was developed on a M2 by the owner himself. It's also affordable in the midrange category of coilovers and includes nice camber plates. Although I do believe it's used mostly by track oriented owners.

From what I've researched as well since I have the EC7 wheels awaiting some tires and installation, when lowered the 5mm spacer aides in clearing the inside front conical shaped spring on coils due to that wider 265 tire. With the spacer, tire being more outboard would not present rubbing issues under normal driving conditions. However rubbing can happen on the outside fender under hard compression even with stock suspension. The key is dialing in negative camber to avoid that.

Personally I'm leaning towards the 255/275 35 series tires with the largest section width while maintaining a slightly stock looking stretched appearance. Another thing to consider are the road surfaces you drive on in relationship to tire aspect ratio. I'm weary of driving 30 series tires as the ride quality will suffer, will bring more cabin noise depending on the tire, increase risk of pinched flats, and possibly tram line more on highway speeds. I'm sure tire choice may impact these concerns as well.

I'm also going to be on coilovers and have Vorschlag camber plates in hand waiting for install. Please report back where you land up on your selection of tires and such. It will be good to hear your experience with your selections. I'm in no rush to move away from stock setup at the moment as I want to drive the car at 1-2 HPDE events in stock form to judge for myself where I need what I need.
__________________
'21 M2 Comp
Sunset Orange | MT | Exec Pkg
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 08:09 PM   #56
Finz
Private
Finz's Avatar
74
Rep
97
Posts

Drives: 02 M Coupe, MY20 M2C ED Sept
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: St. Petersburg, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
I just found out that TC Kline makes a nice kit for the M2C-- single adjustable up front, double in the rear, and it includes camber plates. The front spring is also a different shape than the MPS one, so maybe I could get away without the 5mm spacers?

Any comparison between the MPS and the TC Kline?

R.
My experience with TC Kline was on a Z3 M Coupe but I will say that they were great to work with. I really liked that they would take the time to talk with you and discuss driving style and goals to arrive at the right set up - for example, spring rates - and then the right adjustments to make on that specific set. For me, it was great to get a package designed for the car rather than trying to figure out by myself a combination of shocks,springs, camber plates etc. I had specific settings for street, autocross, and track days that worked really well.

I think you will be impressed if you talk with them.

Bill
__________________
Bill
2020 M2C 6MT SO
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 05:29 PM   #57
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
flybigjet's Avatar
United_States
3378
Rep
1,375
Posts

Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Littleton (Denver), CO

iTrader: (0)

Since I'm on a long layover and pretty much trapped in my hotel room, I rejiggered the list a bit to make it easier to read and figure out what's done/needs to be done as well as making the part numbers easier to see/find. Eventually, I'll have to have a "photo shoot" day and post up some pics.

Maybe this'll give peeps some ideas for their own cars.....

Interior:
- BMW 2-Series hood insulation pad & clips (51487221993 & 51489119216 x18)
- BMW 2-Series left & right door seals (51487300693 & 51487300694)
- BMW 2-Series left & right aluminum rear side covers & clips (41007294289, 41007294290 & 51489119216 x12) AWAITING INSTALLATION
- BMW 2-Series left & right rear wheel housing & clips (51487334357, 51487334358 & 51489119216 x12) AWAITING INSTALLATION
- BMW 2-Series left & right trunk insulation & clips (51487296055, 51487296056 & 51471911992 x12) AWAITING INSTALLATION
- BMW European sun visors (51448057937 & 51448057938)
- BMW luggage compartment mat (51472357214)
- BMW M-Performance carbon fiber brake lever w/ IND orange-stitched boot
- BMW M-Performance carbon fiber shift knob w/ IND orange-stitched boot
- BMW M-Performance carbon fiber steering wheel trim (32302413480)
- BMW M-Performance front & rear floor mats (51472407299 & 51472409930)
- IND silver ignition bezel AWAITING INSTALLATION
- Trunknets trunk cargo net
- Uxcell USB Type-A anti-dust plugs

Exterior:
- Acexxon universal front lip protector AWAITING INSTALLATION
- Automotive Passion Front arch guards
- BMS (replica) slash-cut 95mm black chrome exhaust tips
- BMW European aspheric side mirrors (51168059567 & 51168059568)
- BMW European front bumper (51118746835)
- BMW M14x1.25 splined wheel locks (36136776076)
- Cosmoline RP-342 rust preventative spray around wheel hub bolts
- Denver Auto Shield “Driver’s Package” paint protection film
- Denver Auto Shield Level 2 paint correction & ceramic coating
- IND SOM driver’s side door lock cover AWAITING INSTALLATION
- IND slatted matte rear reflector inserts
- IND SOM M2 side markers
- Personalized Colorado license plate
- Radiation symbol valve stem caps
- Rust-Oleum High Heat primer & paint on underside of exhaust

Mechanical/Performance:
- Apex Anthracite EC-7 wheels (F:19x9.5, ET28, 22.65 lbs. & R:19x10.5, ET45, 23.4 lbs.) ON ORDER
- AutoSolutions Ultra shifter (74A bushings, 20% reduction)
- BMW charcoal air filter inserts delete
- BMW M3/M4 intake snorkels, ducting & grills (13717846265, 13717846267, 13717613156, 13717613157 & 13718507321 x2)
- Carbahn Stage I software flash tune (549 hp, 564 tq at crank)
- Goodridge stainless braided brake lines
- Michelin 255/35/19 & 275/35/19 Pilot Sport 4S tires ON ORDER
- Mishimoto baffled oil catch can
- Mishimoto heat exchanger w/ stone guard
- TC Kline Single-Adjustable Front, Double-Adjustable rear coilover suspension w/ 300/600 VVS springs & TC Kline camber plates ON ORDER
- UCP clutch pedal AWAITING INSTALLATION
- VTT crank bolt capture kit

Audio/Coding/Electrical:
- BimmerCode app (Start-up warning, camera warning & ASD disabled; rear view camera zoom, full text messages, video in motion, shut off iDrive when door opened, convenient closing w/ remote control, door handle lights when Reverse selected enabled)
- Boodlied 20W LED backup bulbs AWAITING INSTALLATION
- BavSound Ghost V2 underseat subwoofers AWAITING INSTALLATION
- BavSound Revenant Pro amplifier ON ORDER
- BavSound sound deadening packs x2 AWAITING INSTALLATION
- BavSound Stage One speaker upgrade for HK S674A AWAITING INSTALLATION
- TechnicPNP ASD bypass cable[/B] AWAITING INSTALLATION
- Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ Bluetooth 4.0 OBD2 Scanner

To consider/research:
- Bimmertech front-view camera
- CarBahn Autoworks S55 keyed crank hub kit (at end of factory warranty)
- Dinan axle-back exhaust w/ x-pipe (with different tips)
- Full-screen CarPlay
- Radar detector, blend mount & mirrortap (360C, R7, V1G2 or Thea)
- Turner Motorsport oil cooler skidplate

Last edited by flybigjet; 01-10-2021 at 12:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 06:42 PM   #58
ROASTM
Private First Class
United_States
104
Rep
191
Posts

Drives: '20 M2C; '06 M3; '07 JKU
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: St. Louis

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

These wheels look beautiful on LBB - makes me want a set myself. Do you know if there's much more clearance between the caliper and barrel on these 763Ms, compared to the 788s? I just noticed a stripe from a rock getting lodged between caliper/barrel on my front passenger wheel
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 05:05 PM   #59
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
flybigjet's Avatar
United_States
3378
Rep
1,375
Posts

Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Littleton (Denver), CO

iTrader: (0)

So. Euro bumper painted and installed. Now, it's going to cure until Feb 23, then will go in for PPF and ceramic coating.

Made an appointment for Feb 25th to go up to "the" BMW shop in Denver-- we're going to put the car on the lift and measure distances to ensure clearance with the TC Kline suspension, Apex wheels and 265/295 PS4S's-- just so that if I need spacers, I can source them when the wheels come in.

Exhaust is on back-order until at least late February/early March. Wheels are on backorder until late March/early April-- so I'm thinking I'll get the suspension (and hopefully the exhaust) done in early March-- that'll give the suspension some time to settle before I bring it back up to do a solid alignment with the new wheel/tire package in April.

R.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 01:46 PM   #60
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
flybigjet's Avatar
United_States
3378
Rep
1,375
Posts

Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Littleton (Denver), CO

iTrader: (0)

Just a small update:

New Anthracite Apex EC-7 wheels are on and they look great.

Dinan exhaust cancelled.

Another set of EC-7's on order for track duty.

TCK suspension is going to be replaced with the M Performance suspension and Millway Street camber plates in late July. There were just too many issues with the TCK suspension-- changing springs would most likely have sorted things out but I didn't want to pay the ride price penalty.

Here's the latest "List":

Interior:
- BMW 2-Series hood insulation pad & clips
- BMW 2-Series left & right door seals
- BMW Euro-spec sun visors
- BMW luggage compartment mat
- BMW M-Performance carbon fiber brake lever w/ IND orange-stitched boot
- BMW M-Performance carbon fiber shift knob w/ IND orange-stitched boot
- BMW M-Performance carbon fiber steering wheel trim
- BMW M-Performance front & rear floor mats
- Trunknets trunk cargo net
- Uxcell USB Type-A anti-dust plugs

Exterior:
- Automotive Passion carbon fiber front & rear arch guards
- BMS (replica) slash-cut 95mm black chrome exhaust tips
- BMW Euro-spec aspheric side mirrors
- BMW Euro-spec front bumper
- Cosmoline RP-342 rust preventative spray around wheel hub bolts
- Denver Auto Shield “Driver’s Package” paint protection film
- Denver Auto Shield “Level 2” paint correction & ceramic coating
- Door jamb paint protection film
- IND matte slatted rear reflector inserts
- IND color-matched M2 side markers
- Radiation symbol valve stem caps
- Rust-Oleum High Heat primer & paint on underside of exhaust

Mechanical/Performance:
- Apex Anthracite EC-7 wheels
- AutoSolutions Ultra shifter
- BMW charcoal air filter insert delete x2
- BMW M3/M4 intake snorkels, ducting & grills
- Carbahn Autoworks Stage I software flash tune
- Goodridge stainless braided brake lines
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 255/35/19 & 275/35/39 tires
- Mishimoto baffled oil catch can
- Mishimoto heat exchanger w/ stone guard
- VTT crank bolt capture kit

Audio/Electrical/Coding:
- BimmerCode App
- Start-up warning, camera warning & ASD disabled, rear view camera zoom, full text messages, video in motion, shut off iDrive when door opened, convenient closing w/ remote control, door handle lights when Reverse selected enabled

Miscellaneous:
- BMS 17mm wheel-saver socket
- BMW M-Performance indoor car cover
- CTEK MXS 5.0 battery charger & maintainer
- TMS Motorsports jack pad adapters
- Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ Bluetooth 4.0 OBD2 Scanner

To Order:
- Carbonio or Sto-N-Sho front license plate frame
- CG Precision VSC-2 Variable Sound Controller
- CTEK connector (Under-hood mounts)

On Order:
- Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 255/35/19 & 275/35/39 tires (for track use)
- BMW M-Performance 2-way coilover suspension
- Millway Street camber plates

Sitting In The Garage Waiting On Installation:
- BMW 2-Series left & right aluminum rear side covers & clips
- BMW 2-Series left & right rear wheel housing insulation & clips
- BMW 2-Series left & right trunk insulation & clips
- IND silver ignition bezel
- Rennline BMW M2 ExactFit Magnetic Phone Mount
- Acexxon universal front lip protector
- IND color-matched driver’s side door lock cover
- ML Performance charge cooler cover
- Turner Motorsport oil cooler skid plate
- UCP clutch pedal
- BavSound Ghost V2 underseat subwoofers
- BavSound Revenant Pro amplifier
- BavSound sound deadening packs (2)
- BavSound HK S674A Stage One speaker upgrade
- Boodlied 20W LED backup bulbs
- TechnicPNP ASD bypass cable

Further Research Required:
- CarBahn Autoworks S55 keyed crank hub kit
- Full-screen CarPlay
- Mishimoto oil catch can petcock drain
- Paul Johnson tune (w/ BM3)
- Radar detector, blend mount & mirrortap (360C, R7, V1G2 or Theia)
- Street/Track pads (Ferodo DS2500/Porterfield R4-S)
- Thor differential/MDM flasher
Attached Images
 
__________________
Current: M2C, Miata RF-GT, RDX, Element, R1200GS, VRSCF
Previous: M3, Focus ZX3-S2, Superchaged Solara, Samurai, Integra, Pinto, RX-4, VRSCR, R6S, FZ1, FZ600
Appreciate 2
      07-03-2021, 01:41 AM   #61
BarrettDB
Enlisted Member
United_States
28
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: 2021 M2Comp AW
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Costa Mesa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
I really like the look of the 763M's, but a) they're pricey for what they are and b) I *think* that in 19's, they only come in matte black and gold? Neither of which appeal to me in the slightest-- especially with a SOM M2C. If they came in a titanium or even a silver, I'd be very, very tempted.
One thing to consider between 763m and 788 is the effort to keep them properly clean. 763M looks far easier, but I’m dealing with the same issues of fence sitting as I await the arrival of my 21 M2C.
__________________
David B.
Current: 2021 M2 Com; 2021 i3s REX
Previous: '19 X4mSport40i; '05 X3; '03 E46 M3 (2); '02 S54 M-Roadster; '90 E30 M3 EVO (2); '89 E30 M3; '88 M3 (3); '73 2002tii; '68 1600 -- 48 years of BMW ownership
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 PM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST