BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Active Autowerk Exhaust Help

02-25-2023, 01:42 AM   #1
jjschube
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2C

Active Autowerk Exhaust Help

Hello,

I'm looking to get the catted AA downpipe and wondering what pairs well with it sound wise:

1. AA Signature exhaust
2. AA Valved exhaust with single mid-pipe
3. AA Valved exhaust with equal length mid-pipe
4. Remus Race with singe or equal length mid-pipe

Resonated/non-resonated?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2023, 01:01 PM   #2
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Keep in mind that I don't have any of the referenced exhausts but I'm very glad I have a valved system that I can control. Sometimes you're feeling the loudness, and sometimes you just want a little more peace and quiet. I recommend a valved system that you can control from in the cabin.
      02-25-2023, 03:26 PM   #3
AJT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjschube View Post
Hello,

I'm looking to get the catted AA downpipe and wondering what pairs well with it sound wise:

1. AA Signature exhaust
2. AA Valved exhaust with single mid-pipe
3. AA Valved exhaust with equal length mid-pipe
4. Remus Race with singe or equal length mid-pipe

Resonated/non-resonated?
I just had the catted down pipes and signature exhaust installed on my car and got it back yesterday, so I only have preliminary impressions. I’m definitely glad it’s valved as it’s pretty rowdy, especially on startup when your wife is standing right behind the car lol.

With the valves closed it’s definitely louder than stock but not intolerable at all.

No one will accuse it of sounding particularly smooth, but I believe that’s true of most S55 setups.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2023, 06:44 PM   #4
gmhl10
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not a M2 CS

I have the AA valved exhaust with AA equal length midpipes and unresonated.
My two settings are loud and louder. lol. I have stock downpipes though.
This system with closed valves aren't even close to as loud as the stock exhaust setup.
Appreciate 1
      02-27-2023, 07:58 AM   #5
FMOS Racing
Boost All the Things
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJT View Post
I just had the catted down pipes and signature exhaust installed on my car and got it back yesterday, so I only have preliminary impressions. I’m definitely glad it’s valved as it’s pretty rowdy, especially on startup when your wife is standing right behind the car lol.
Both my wife and daughter, as well as various people in the supermarket parking lot, have visibly jumped when I've started the car. I hate that particular aspect of the full AA exhaust. That startup rev is abrupt and LOUD.
Appreciate 1
      02-27-2023, 08:02 AM   #6
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

If you live in a neighborhood and don't want to be "that guy". It's good to have valves. 20yrs ago I cared less about my neighbors. Now I have kids and I'm complaining that people drive down my street too fast. ��
      02-28-2023, 01:18 AM   #7
jjschube
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2C

Thanks for all the help everyone. If you leave the downpipe alone, will most BMW service centers still honor the warrant?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2023, 12:39 PM   #8
ESB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjschube View Post
Thanks for all the help everyone. If you leave the downpipe alone, will most BMW service centers still honor the warrant?
Depends on what you're seekinging warranty against. In general if there is a fault with the car that can be traced to the modification, then it's fair game to decline warranty service.

An example of something I doubt they'd cover is a replacement of my diffuser which was slightly damaged after the midpipe install (melted due to installation error).

But if my engine explodes then they'll have a hard time declining the warranty since I haven't made any modifications to the engine or its tuning.
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2023, 09:18 AM   #9
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

I'd post this Q in the local forum - warranty stuff has a lot to do with local dealership attitude, and the locals may have a better idea. In principle they would/should have a hard time, but in reality they have lots of lawyers on staff and might find it very easy to deny if it you got into something as expensive as a blown engine/transmission. Rare, but I've heard of dealerships denying (big) warranty due to a mirror tap or an oil catch can. One of those did get overturned, but only after ungodly amount of hassling.
Appreciate 0