BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > New M2C owner; my thoughts

12-30-2022, 11:41 PM   #23
AWDtoRWD
Private
Rep
Drives: 23' R1S & 21' M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by eculley View Post
I purchased a 2020 M2C with 10k miles roughly a week ago here in Austin at BMW of Austin. This is a Long Beach Blue w/ Manual
Say no more, good pick.

How much did you pay?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2022, 07:14 AM   #24
eculley
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDtoRWD View Post
Say no more, good pick.

How much did you pay?
62k, got it certified from BMW.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2023, 09:17 AM   #25
wjones14
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Congrats and welcome to the club!

Mine is rattle-free after a year and a half and 7800 miles.

I rather like the engine and exhaust noise. I'm coming from a 2SS 1LE, and the M2C exhaust does not measure up to the classic small block Chevy V8, but few cars do. In Sport+ mode, the M2C exhaust is still cool though and kind of raucous without being objectionable.

On the highway I immediately turn off Sport+ mode and go to Efficient mode because of the Active Sound Design (ASD) drone coming from the speakers. ASD is noisy and annoying on the highway but is not noticeable (or is completely gone?) while in Efficient mode.

Is the engine noise you complain about from the engine or the ASD?

Good luck with your M2C!
      01-24-2023, 10:32 AM   #26
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

eculley beautiful car - love the LBB!

The F87 can be a bit twitchy in corners - something we have to really deal with on track - but makes for a very fun car to drive like you said being extremely tossable. How fun it is on the track is one of the major reasons I think it is among the best dual use platforms available. That and how capable of a fast pace it is.

Rev matching - can be done via bimmercode. Some of the tuning platforms also can control this. Silly that BMW doesn't give the option to disable it. One thing on tuning though is being a '20 build you might run into an issue with the dme not being able to be unlocked. Depends on the build date but during the '20 production run the switch happened. There are options but it might not be as easy as just plugging in and installing the new maps.

For 6MT I really like to upgrade the shifter. I personally love the CAE but some might not like the aesthetic of the taller lever. There are a few good options out there you might take a look at.

Suspension - definitely an option out there that offers better performance while also improving the ride. Won't make this a sales pitch but that was our priority when we developed our kits. As far as steering would look at going to a monoball bushing on the caster rods - helps eliminate some of the slop. Other than that there are different coding options you can try as well.

Going to have my M2 out at COTA in March for Super Lap Battle. Definitely a bit past street car now but welcome to come check it out.
Appreciate 2
      01-24-2023, 04:10 PM   #27
pablom2c
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Regarding the engine sound I would recommend you get an exhaust, I have the DINAN catback and I really like it, it's not excessively loud but loud enough and sounds angry with a nice tone.
nismosao199.50
      02-14-2023, 05:49 AM   #28
FMOS Racing
Boost All the Things
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition MT

As the owner of an SS sedan, I really, really wanted to love the Camaro, but just couldn't. To me, it felt like sitting in a bathtub driving through a mail slot in terms of visibility. I love the more upright seating in the M2C and the outward visibility.

I'm trying to learn to like the exhaust note compared to my V8s, but it hasn't happened yet. I absolutely detest the rev matching (will experiment with turning it off since I've already used BimmerCode to get rid of ASD) and some of the absurd raspberry/fart sounds during more spirited driving - but I've found that if I modify my shifting habits a bit, I can minimize it. It's also embarrassing every time I start the car in public - it startles people. Otherwise, I love the car.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2023, 09:16 AM   #29
SEAT TIME RULES
Major
Rep
Drives: 20 BMW M2C 17 Mazda MX-5 RF

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMOS Racing View Post
As the owner of an SS sedan, I really, really wanted to love the Camaro, but just couldn't. To me, it felt like sitting in a bathtub driving through a mail slot in terms of visibility. I love the more upright seating in the M2C and the outward visibility.

I'm trying to learn to like the exhaust note compared to my V8s, but it hasn't happened yet. I absolutely detest the rev matching (will experiment with turning it off since I've already used BimmerCode to get rid of ASD) and some of the absurd raspberry/fart sounds during more spirited driving - but I've found that if I modify my shifting habits a bit, I can minimize it. It's also embarrassing every time I start the car in public - it startles people. Otherwise, I love the car.
I love your thoughts on the Camaro. They are fast on those big meat tires in the proper hands.. I've instructed in a couple and the bathtub comment is spot on!

Easy to fix the exhaust, install the AA EL midpipe and a valved rear of your choice ( I have AA's) Worth it!
You can also install BM3 to control the farts, or purchase an AK Motion Detector which I believe has that option as well. https://datadisplay.store/en/
My 2020M2C Build: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1696726
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2023, 06:49 AM   #30
FMOS Racing
Boost All the Things
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAT TIME RULES View Post
I love your thoughts on the Camaro. They are fast on those big meat tires in the proper hands.. I've instructed in a couple and the bathtub comment is spot on!

Easy to fix the exhaust, install the AA EL midpipe and a valved rear of your choice ( I have AA's) Worth it!
You can also install BM3 to control the farts, or purchase an AK Motion Detector which I believe has that option as well. https://datadisplay.store/en/
I actually have the AA mids and rear section. There are times that it's chill-inducing and really gets the adrenaline going at full song. But then there are times I'm on the throttle for a bit in first gear in a left turn, stab it to second as I straighten it out, and it lets out this "BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP" (even in Efficient) and I think, "Sorry, everybody! Especially that octogenarian in the Toyota that I farted next to..."

Last edited by FMOS Racing; 02-16-2023 at 06:34 AM..
Appreciate 0