Rep
Drives: BMW 328Xi, Tesla Model 3

Finally.....!

HS
Exec pkg
Bi-Color
Blue Stitching
6 Speed

Picked her up last night, hated to go to work this morning! I won't wax poetic, but a couple of visual first take aways: Cameras don't catch the true color(s) of HS; and the sculpted proportions of the car get washed out on film. Details such as the folds in the door panels, and how they transition to those hips, those beautiful hips! Excuse me...I gotta take a cold shower!
Attached Images

Appreciate 8
///AVM2529.50
ADDONE230.00
Poochie9104.50
AUSf222689.50
JCZ51482.50
boss2k1090.00
Davil6524.50
Red229627.00
      09-01-2020, 06:39 AM   #1586
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavallone View Post
Finally.....!

HS
Exec pkg
Bi-Color
Blue Stitching
6 Speed

Picked her up last night, hated to go to work this morning! I won't wax poetic, but a couple of visual first take aways: Cameras don't catch the true color(s) of HS; and the sculpted proportions of the car get washed out on film. Details such as the folds in the door panels, and how they transition to those hips, those beautiful hips! Excuse me...I gotta take a cold shower!
Congrats Mav!

///AVM
Appreciate 1
Mavallone164.50
      09-01-2020, 06:58 AM   #1587
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Quote:
Finally.....!

HS
Exec pkg
Bi-Color
Blue Stitching
6 Speed

A long time in the making! please delete those ugly orange reflectors at the front
Appreciate 2
Mavallone164.50
Davil6524.50
      09-01-2020, 07:18 AM   #1588
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Finally.....!

HS
Exec pkg
Bi-Color
Blue Stitching
6 Speed

Finally man! Congrats and I agree on all your points! Just got back from an early morning drive, sounds fantastic as well.
      09-01-2020, 10:05 AM   #1589
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Finally.....!

HS
Exec pkg
Bi-Color
Blue Stitching
6 Speed

Beautiful car man, i am waiting to take delivery in the next few weeks

Hows the 6MT and clutch feel?
      09-01-2020, 10:56 AM   #1590
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
Quote:
Finally.....!

HS
Exec pkg
Bi-Color
Blue Stitching
6 Speed

Beautiful car man, i am waiting to take delivery in the next few weeks

Hows the 6MT and clutch feel?
I can't speak for the M2C yet, but I've driven OGM2 and it get jus fluke getting back into an e82/92 as far as the shifter and pedal...great!
Appreciate 1
Mavallone164.50
      09-01-2020, 04:08 PM   #1591
NathObeaN
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (MY2021)

And it's collection day!

DCT
Long Beach Blue
Blue stitching
M Sport Brakes
Reversing Camera
Black/silver Wheels
Sun protection glass
Icon headlights
Harmon Kardon
Through-loading system
Speed limit display

Picked her up today. Had an absolute nightmare getting insurance as previous insurer refused to insure my M2C despite being happy to insure my M2. As a result, had to cancel previous insurance and start from scratch phoning various companies. Spent about 2 hours sat in car park! Got there in the end though.

Initial drive impressions vs M2 OG is it feels little tighter in the steering, suspension is a smidge more compliant and it seems to have more torque at high speeds. The silver brakes also inspire more confidence! That said, I've been keeping it under 4K revs so time will tell the real differences. I love the extra customisability in modes though and the extra 'M' bits just make me a happy chap - seats, mirrors, better brakes etc.

Dropped off at a detailer to get PPF and ceramic coated. Whilst there, saw a bloody Senna!! They had all kinds of cars being worked on but wow. A Senna was a nice surprise...
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
Mavallone164.50
///AVM2529.50
Davil6524.50
Red229627.00
hlm2c289.50
      09-01-2020, 05:15 PM   #1592
Mavallone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
And it's collection day!

DCT
Long Beach Blue
Blue stitching
M Sport Brakes
Reversing Camera
Black/silver Wheels
Sun protection glass
Icon headlights
Harmon Kardon
Through-loading system
Speed limit display

Picked her up today. Had an absolute nightmare getting insurance as previous insurer refused to insure my M2C despite being happy to insure my M2. As a result, had to cancel previous insurance and start from scratch phoning various companies. Spent about 2 hours sat in car park! Got there in the end though.

Initial drive impressions vs M2 OG is it feels little tighter in the steering, suspension is a smidge more compliant and it seems to have more torque at high speeds. The silver brakes also inspire more confidence! That said, I've been keeping it under 4K revs so time will tell the real differences. I love the extra customisability in modes though and the extra 'M' bits just make me a happy chap - seats, mirrors, better brakes etc.

Dropped off at a detailer to get PPF and ceramic coated. Whilst there, saw a bloody Senna!! They had all kinds of cars being worked on but wow. A Senna was a nice surprise...
Congrats! Another one joins the club!!! Welcome aboard.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 05:40 PM   #1593
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
And it's collection day!

DCT
Long Beach Blue
Blue stitching
M Sport Brakes
Reversing Camera
Black/silver Wheels
Sun protection glass
Icon headlights
Harmon Kardon
Through-loading system
Speed limit display

Very Nice Nate . . . Congrats!

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 07:33 PM   #1594
papibigred
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 BMW, M2C; ‘18

Quote:
And it's collection day!

DCT
Long Beach Blue
Blue stitching
M Sport Brakes
Reversing Camera
Black/silver Wheels
Sun protection glass
Icon headlights
Harmon Kardon
Through-loading system
Speed limit display

Congrats friend! So happy to share the experience! I washed my car for the first time this weekend and the PPF made the experience so stress free! Nothing on the front of the car stuck to her. Totally worth the time and money!

Keep us posted
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 07:37 PM   #1595
papibigred
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Finally.....!

HS
Exec pkg
Bi-Color
Blue Stitching
6 Speed

The hips! Well said! Back bumper is HUGE! Makes Sir Mix a Lot proud!

I stared at her in the parking structure at work for at least 30 seconds. I think inakready propositioned you with the clutch stop.. it makes a world of different if you do nothing else... keep the first impressions coming!
Appreciate 1
Mavallone164.50
      09-01-2020, 08:42 PM   #1596
boss2k
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by papibigred View Post
Congrats friend! So happy to share the experience! I washed my car for the first time this weekend and the PPF made the experience so stress free! Nothing on the front of the car stuck to her. Totally worth the time and money!

Keep us posted
What has PPF got to do with washing? If its ceramic coated i can understand the ease of washing
      09-02-2020, 12:12 PM   #1597
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
What has PPF got to do with washing? If its ceramic coated i can understand the ease of washing
A related question from a novice when it comes to paint protection. I am told the ceramic coating the wheels makes for easy cleaning. Last weekend I went ahead and prepped my winter wheels with ceramic coating. While i was doing that I couldn't help but wonder about what properties ceramic coating has that makes it harder for metallic brake dust particles to stick on, versus nice shiny painted wheels?

I suppose I'll find out...
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 12:38 PM   #1598
boss2k
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Quote:
A related question from a novice when it comes to paint protection. I am told the ceramic coating the wheels makes for easy cleaning. Last weekend I went ahead and prepped my winter wheels with ceramic coating. While i was doing that I couldn't help but wonder about what properties ceramic coating has that makes it harder for metallic brake dust particles to stick on, versus nice shiny painted wheels?

I suppose I'll find out...
Agree I am not totally convinced about ceramic coating , I know that it will open up a lot more discussion but personally I am not very convinced that ceramic coating is worth the expense

Last edited by boss2k; 09-02-2020 at 12:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 02:06 PM   #1599
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Agree I am not totally convinced about ceramic coating , I know that it will open up a lot more discussion but personally I am not very convinced that ceramic coating is worth the expense
I gave it a go for the wheels because many here urged me to, as did a close friend who is a BMW M enthusiast. I personally wouldn't give someone $700 to do this for me, but for $50 for a bottle of Gyeon and a beautiful day, I thought it would be worth a try. Lets see what the results are on the 437Ms in the winter.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 02:11 PM   #1600
j23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

The wheels on these cars get so beat up with heat, debris, and brake dust that even 10 coats of the best ceramic coating on earth won't do much to protect the surface. Problem is that you have to use a semi-abrasive cleaner on the wheels to get every speck of brake dust off them, which does help dissolve ceramic coating. This is why I skipped the "wheels off" ceramic coating package that my detailer was offering at $300.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 06:10 PM   #1601
papibigred
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Every inch of my car is inspected when I wash her, so having the PPF was liberating knowing that every bit of tar and bugs was primarily going to come off without a fight or damage. It was glorious to restore her, blemish free.

I know they will come but the fewer the better.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 05:17 AM   #1602
Mavallone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSf22 View Post
Quote:
Finally.....!

HS
Exec pkg
Bi-Color
Blue Stitching
6 Speed

A long time in the making! please delete those ugly orange reflectors at the front
AUS - Give us an update? Any day now?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 12:48 AM   #1603
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Quote:
AUS - Give us an update? Any day now?
Car has docked!!!!!

Now we are waiting for it to clear customs, I'll have a firm date of delivery early next week.

I can confirm after seeing photos of other cars that have docked, that AU spec cars will get the ugly fender arch guards.

See pics attached for confirmation of these pensioner guards
(Not my car, just post covid production cars that were just listed up in AU).
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Poochie9104.50
Davil6524.50
Mavallone164.50
      09-11-2020, 06:21 AM   #1604
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSf22 View Post
Car has docked!!!!!

Now we are waiting for it to clear customs, I'll have a firm date of delivery early next week.

I can confirm after seeing photos of other cars that have docked, that AU spec cars will get the ugly fender arch guards.

See pics attached for confirmation of these pensioner guards
(Not my car, just post covid production cars that were just listed up in AU).
AUS

Great stuff!

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 10:06 AM   #1605
HMDriven.F87
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition

Picked up mine last Friday and couldn't be happier.

Ordered July 6th was suppose to be delivered August 17th and delayed 2 weeks due to a COVID outbreak in the factory. Ended up putting a small video together for it.

Taking Delivery of my 2021 BMW M2 Competition #M2COMPETITION #BMW #M2
Attached Images

2021 M2 Competition (sold)
Appreciate 2
///AVM2529.50
Davil6524.50
      09-11-2020, 01:17 PM   #1606
Mavallone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMDriven.F87 View Post
Picked up mine last Friday and couldn't be happier.

Ordered July 6th was suppose to be delivered August 17th and delayed 2 weeks due to a COVID outbreak in the factory. Ended up putting a small video together for it.

Taking Delivery of my 2021 BMW M2 Competition #M2COMPETITION #BMW #M2
Congrats Man, it is a great feeling!
Appreciate 1