BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > Issue swapping back and forth between OEM and PFC-08 Pads

12-08-2022, 06:39 AM   #23
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson kop View Post
You’re way overthinking this. I run a E92 QFP in my F87 without Hans, but will be running a Simpson neck restraint soon. Safety gets people weird so you do you.

I had an instructor give me guff for NOT having a matching QFP for passenger so I bought one for passenger and then my very next instructor told me that he won’t wear any four point to avoid the risk of submarining under.

I see this as a business issue for Schroth not an engineering problem. To get their belts TUV certified for the F87 the business case must not have been there so it didn’t get executed. I lap regularly with a buddy that has the same harnesses in his E92 and the angle and fit is identical. YMMV
I saw a guy at my last HPDE that had to take his 4 pt harness out because the local CCA chapter track rules require the same harness setup for both driver and passenger.

A lot of it comes down to local track or event sponser specific rules (and personal preference). NASA HPDEs will only allow harness that are FIA certified or FMVSS AND being specific to supporting your exact vehicle. Scroth 4 pts can never get FIA cert due to the downward angle. All of them meet FMVSS but you wouldn’t be allowed to run it in NASA HPDE since it’s not made specifically for F87.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 03:53 PM   #24
polarbearz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

I just swapped between OEM and PFC08. The pads look normal
Appreciate 0