BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Anyone in Houston running either 18" or Dinan coilovers?

05-06-2019, 06:57 PM   #1
jakeg104
Rep
Drives: 11 458, 91M3, 986BoxS

Anyone in Houston running either 18" or Dinan coilovers?

Hello!

Started the search for my next daily (well, semi daily, got a few other cars to swap out if needed to keep life interesting!), drove a '18 DCT M2 in stock condition.

Absolutely LOVED the car, except for the the way the car handled our absolutely sh**ty Houston roads. Test drive was around the Woodway/Voss area, lots of undulations in the road. The car behaved like it was on linear spring coilvers, ie; the whole car would move with the bumps and variations on the road, vs. the wheel travelling up/down.

I have read that running 18" and/or Dinan Coilovers will help this quite a bit, but would love to possibly chat with or maybe even be taken for a ride in one if anyone is local in Houston? I'll bring something fun to give you a ride in to return the favor :-)

let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!
Jakeg
      03-14-2021, 07:17 PM   #2
Shadowfax028
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i

DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeg104 View Post
Hello!

Started the search for my next daily (well, semi daily, got a few other cars to swap out if needed to keep life interesting!), drove a '18 DCT M2 in stock condition.

Absolutely LOVED the car, except for the the way the car handled our absolutely sh**ty Houston roads. Test drive was around the Woodway/Voss area, lots of undulations in the road. The car behaved like it was on linear spring coilvers, ie; the whole car would move with the bumps and variations on the road, vs. the wheel travelling up/down.

I have read that running 18" and/or Dinan Coilovers will help this quite a bit, but would love to possibly chat with or maybe even be taken for a ride in one if anyone is local in Houston? I'll bring something fun to give you a ride in to return the favor :-)

let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!
Jakeg
The M2 is a real sports car. The suspension in this car is intended for true performance driving.

A good used BMW for what your looking for is the M235i and the M240i. The 8 speed Automatic trans is the shit.

Put a Trans flash from xHP stage 3 and you will think it's a DCT. I have owned both. And dude it's Kool. You will get a car with a SMOOTHER ride.

And shift like a race car.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 11:52 PM   #3
phallanen
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 bmw m2c

i'm running on dinan coilovers!
Appreciate 0