BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > M-performer coilovers pre-adjustment????

05-31-2020, 01:14 PM   #23
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
And yet, here you are...
Another brilliant contribution.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 01:43 PM   #24
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

At least I contributed.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 02:02 PM   #25
FrozenGT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40i - Lexus NX300 F

Thanks All-

My shop is starting the install tomorrow-

No one ever mentioned the existing hardware kit so I will bring this up to the shop tomorrow.

I emailed the shop foreman the BMW installation guide that the dealership uses to properly install the kit.

If they are not comfortable installing the per BMW NA- I'm going to take it to my BMW dealer and have them do the install-
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 05:29 PM   #26
Big Fabri
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Lamborghini Huracan

to do the proper set up you need scales to conrner balance the car ,fuck what bmw says.If you are always alone in the car when you have fun setting with 2 75kg in the front is bullshit. You have to set it with the sway bar disconnected to avoid false reading. 49.5% cross weight is fine for road. Be sure to use adjustable endlinks or you will induce load to the swaybar and this is womthing you don't want.
      06-01-2020, 02:04 AM   #27
KHAP13
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
BMW sell an add-on kit with all the bolts/nuts.

If your installer has priced to include then you are ok if not then they re-use the existing fittings.
I had my suspension installed at BMW, and they did have to order all of the hardware. I believe it cost me around $80.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 02:19 AM   #28
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fabri View Post
to do the proper set up you need scales to conrner balance the car ,fuck what bmw says.If you are always alone in the car when you have fun setting with 2 75kg in the front is bullshit. You have to set it with the sway bar disconnected to avoid false reading. 49.5% cross weight is fine for road. Be sure to use adjustable endlinks or you will induce load to the swaybar and this is womthing you don't want.
I bought adjustable drop/end links when I took my car to Centre Gravity (CG) for full set up.

Once done, CG reconnected the oem drop links with zero force so adjustable ones aren't a pre-requisite for MPerf coilovers if staying close to oem ride height settings.

CG set corner balance with solo driver (weighted drivers side only)

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 02:24 AM   #29
Big Fabri
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I bought adjustable drop/end links when I took my car to Centre Gravity (CG) for full set up.

Once done, CG reconnected the oem drop links with zero force so adjustable ones aren't a pre-requisite for MPerf coilovers if staying close to oem ride height settings.

Quote:
Quote:

of course if you don't change the right heights the stock is good. What they did with the solo driver is good. I have ma gt3 rs balanced only with me because when I drive it in a certain way I'm alone.
I dropped the car to around 15mm so I needed different endlinks

This is the rear endlinks lenght difference. Of course you adjust properly only one wheel
      06-01-2020, 02:29 AM   #30
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
of course if you don't change the right heights the stock is good. What they did with the solo driver is good. I have ma gt3 rs balanced only with me because when I drive it in a certain way I'm alone.

This is the rear endlinks lenght difference. Of course you adjust properly only one wheel
My car was set to bmw recommended heights 595/600mm.

It has settled since and I don't want it any lower TBH as the car has double duty DD & TDs.
Attached Images

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 02:32 AM   #31
Big Fabri
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

It has settled since and I don't want it any lower TBH as the car has double duty DD & TDs.
Quote:
Quote:

You are not getting the most out of it and it's a pity. A guy bought the kit and installed himself. He did a very good job to be honest. He set the car as bmw recommend. He came to the shop we took care of a few things and the car changed night and day
      06-01-2020, 02:44 AM   #32
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

You are not getting the most out of it and it's a pity. A guy bought the kit and installed himself. He did a very good job to be honest. He set the car as bmw recommend. He came to the shop we took care of a few things and the car changed night and day
Trust me I thought it was good before hand but CG have transformed the car !

They're chassis dynamic nous is 2nd to none. 😉

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 02:47 AM   #33
Big Fabri
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Trust me I thought it was good before hand but CG have transformed the car !

They're chassis dynamic nous is 2nd to none. 😉
Quote:
Quote:

Yes but because they did they right thing and they didn't leave to the recommended setting on a paper by itself. I'm replying to the app and I though someone was replying. So you agree with me saying that the specs on paper are bullshit and the car needs a proper setup
      06-01-2020, 02:55 AM   #34
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yes but because they did they right thing and they didn't leave to the recommended setting on a paper by itself. I'm replying to the app and I though someone was replying. So you agree with me saying that the specs on paper are bullshit and the car needs a proper setup
Yes in part.

I'm pointing out that adjustable drop links aren't essential.

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 02:13 PM   #35
Big Fabri
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Yes in part.

I'm pointing out that adjustable drop links aren't essential.
in my opinion they are. try to remove them and see if there is or there isn't any load. i bet you can't. i did many of these . one right last saturday. you can also move the position of the swaybar but you are changing the leverage of the suspension
      06-04-2020, 11:16 AM   #36
FrozenGT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40i - Lexus NX300 F

What annoys me is why BMW does not include the instructions in the kit for as much as they charge for it.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 11:27 AM   #37
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenGT View Post
What annoys me is why BMW does not include the instructions in the kit for as much as they charge for it.
Google searched and this came up...

https://rparts-sites.s3.amazonaws.co...ll%20instr.pdf

Searched on here for the same and this came up...

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...9&d=1558634564

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0