BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > NEW RELEASE: Dinan BMW F87 M2C Axle Back Exhaust + X-Pipe Systems

05-23-2020, 10:14 PM   #67
bioman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30

[QUOTE=Wei718;26216941]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuji550i View Post

I’m actually having the same dilemma thinking if the polish tips would look better on my Hockenheim Silver. I do have a lot of CF parts going on back there so a little bit of polish look may blend well.
Random question. What size race ramp blocks are those?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 10:48 PM   #68
Wei718
Major
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4

[QUOTE=bioman;26217292]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wei718 View Post

Random question. What size race ramp blocks are those?
They are 10”
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 03:11 PM   #69
SFM2C6MT
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Competition, HS6MT

Today I got my Dinan exhaust installed by Performance Technic in Fremont CA.

The techs installing it were impressed with the quality of the welds and how nicely it fit. This was the first one they had installed. They made comments made about how this system fits so much better than many on the market. Slipped right in with no fuss, and no need to crank on hangers to get it straight. They also really appreciated the clamp on tips compared to past dinan designs with welded tips, which help alignment. All together it took about 1.5 - 2 hours for install.

The sound is great. Not obnoxiously loud in sport +, but much improved tone over stock. At idle, you get a nice burble now. At low RPM, I can now hear the turbo's exhaust wheel spool up which is exactly what I was hoping for. Guessing that has to do with the resonator delete and the x pipe. Crackles are louder. They go right away when you close the valves.

In economy mode, it quiets right down. Still has an improved tone but won't wake the neighbors when I come home late at night.

Aesthetically it's a huge improvement over the stock ballsack. I was never too critical of the stock muffler but I don't miss it!

I recommend this exhaust for anyone who isn't looking for the loudest one on the block. It will keep your cars refinement and you won't have to worry about downgrading to aftermarket parts with questionable fit.

Nice job Dinan engineers, I think you nailed it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 11
Wei718339.50
P111541.50
KevinM2931.00
ChrisK4449.00
mcvaughan702.00
nis270r33.00
Kankles1484.50
JTO245246.50
      05-29-2020, 04:19 PM   #70
redgs4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFM2C6MT View Post

The techs installing it were impressed with the quality of the welds and how nicely it fit. This was the first one they had installed. They made comments made about how this system fits so much better than many on the market. Slipped right in with no fuss, and no need to crank on hangers to get it straight. They also really appreciated the clamp on tips compared to past dinan designs with welded tips, which help alignment. All together it took about 1.5 - 2 hours for install.

The sound is great. Not obnoxiously loud in sport +, but much improved tone over stock. At idle, you get a nice burble now. At low RPM, I can now hear the turbo's exhaust wheel spool up which is exactly what I was hoping for. Guessing that has to do with the resonator delete and the x pipe. Crackles are louder. They go right away when you close the valves.

In economy mode, it quiets right down. Still has an improved tone but won't wake the neighbors when I come home late at night.

Aesthetically it's a huge improvement over the stock ballsack. I was never too critical of the stock muffler but I don't miss it!

I recommend this exhaust for anyone who isn't looking for the loudest one on the block. It will keep your cars refinement and you won't have to worry about downgrading to aftermarket parts with questionable fit.

Nice! I need to see different tips though. The flat black tips don't match up well with the CF diffuser.
Appreciate 1
SFM2C6MT175.00
      05-29-2020, 06:36 PM   #71
leftcoastq
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgs4 View Post
Nice! I need to see different tips though. The flat black tips don't match up well with the CF diffuser.
Agreed, everyone's got black.

Great write-up, SFM2C6MT
Appreciate 1
SFM2C6MT175.00
      05-29-2020, 06:39 PM   #72
M2COMP
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5, 2013 550xi, M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgs4 View Post

I think it blends ok with CF diffuser.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=60
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 10:22 PM   #73
Fuji550i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, E46 m3, E60 550i

Quote:

Looks awesome and nice write up. Mine is on back ordered until 6/8. I'm getting the polished tips instead
Appreciate 1
SFM2C6MT175.00
      05-30-2020, 09:58 AM   #74
CountSmurfula
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 HS M2C

Quote:
Looks awesome and nice write up. Mine is on back ordered until 6/8. I'm getting the polished tips instead
If you don’t mind, where did you end up ordering and arranging installation? I am going to go for this one as well. Anywhere near Seattle is not a problem.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 10:58 AM   #75
Fuji550i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, E46 m3, E60 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountSmurfula View Post
Quote:
If you don't mind, where did you end up ordering and arranging installation? I am going to go for this one as well. Anywhere near Seattle is not a problem.
Sure let me pm you for more details
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 11:10 PM   #76
ESB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Garage List
Quote:

Thanks for that writeup. How loud are the louder crackles? Is it to the point where its a bit annoying or embarrasing? How did you like the crackles on the stock exhaust?

I am just getting used to the crackles with stock exhaust. Gotta say I'm not a huge fan of them but heard you can't really disable them while remaining in sports/sports+ unless you tune. I guess they sort of grow on you but am a bit iffy on making them even more noticable.

edit: actually M2Comp's post above has some good videos. The crackles don't seem too bad! Also the exhaust sounds amazing in comfort...a bit surprising.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 11:17 PM   #77
SFM2C6MT
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle412 View Post
Quote:

Thanks for that writeup. How loud are the louder crackles? Is it to the point where its a bit annoying or embarrasing? How did you like the crackles on the stock exhaust?

I am just getting used to the crackles with stock exhaust. Gotta say I'm not a huge fan of them but heard you can't really disable them while remaining in sports/sports+ unless you tune. I guess they sort of grow on you but am a bit iffy on making them even more noticable.
I'm with you, I'm not big on crackles personally. I'd say volume wise, sport is now what sport + used to be with stock exhaust and sport + crackles are a bit too loud for my liking when going stoplight to stoplight in the city or my neighborhood under normal driving. It's when it reverbs off buildings. But on twisty roads or at normal speeds it's great. Bottom line, If you are using sport + where it's best to use sport + it's not a problem.

Economy mode still has no crackles.
Appreciate 2
ESB1004.00
      06-01-2020, 07:10 AM   #78
izzyM2
Major
Rep
Drives: 24’M2/21ID.4/21’MacanGTS

[QUOTE=Fuji550i;26216343]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wei718 View Post
I just finished installing this exhaust and I can assure everyone that it is louder. I have a video but I don't have YouTube to upload it to. Perhaps I can send it to someone here to have it uploaded?

Courtesy of wei718. Enjoy
Wheres the vid?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 09:04 AM   #79
Luhrenzo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

This paired with the MPE CF tips
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 08:51 AM   #80
CoffeeLife
Coffee Every Day
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [10.00]
Wei718 SFM2C6MT

Hows the Rasp vs stock?
-Recaro Pole Position , 2kBody Half Cage, Pinnacle Motorsports Half Cage (On order), CAE Shifter
-Remus Race + BR EL Mid
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 09:08 AM   #81
SFM2C6MT
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeLife View Post
Wei718 SFM2C6MT

Hows the Rasp vs stock?
IMHO, Deeper and less raspy but still some rasp.

This is only my opinion from inside the cockpit with windows down.

The Dinan video is a pretty good audio file.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 09:15 AM   #82
CoffeeLife
Coffee Every Day
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [10.00]
Quote:
IMHO, Deeper and less raspy but still some rasp.

This is only my opinion from inside the cockpit with windows down.

The Dinan video is a pretty good audio file.
Thanks for the reply. Looks to be the route to go. I can also have a shop fab a solo mid pipe like AA down the road
-Recaro Pole Position , 2kBody Half Cage, Pinnacle Motorsports Half Cage (On order), CAE Shifter
-Remus Race + BR EL Mid
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 06:03 PM   #83
leftcoastq
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Any more pics with the polished tips installed?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 09:07 PM   #84
SKSKSK
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2

Anyone know the pipe outlet size off the rear muffler on the Dinan? I love the sound but the tips are a little too big for my liking and would like to explore other options which could be clamped on without modification.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 10:24 PM   #85
leftcoastq
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKSKSK View Post
Anyone know the pipe outlet size off the rear muffler on the Dinan? I love the sound but the tips are a little too big for my liking and would like to explore other options which could be clamped on without modification.
Interested in this as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 10:36 PM   #86
Wei718
Major
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKSKSK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastq View Post
Interested in this as well.
Dinan says any 70mm inlet clamp on tips would work. I believe this is covered on page 3. Check it out!
Appreciate 2
      07-06-2020, 06:25 AM   #87
TProfit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 competition

Still waiting on mine to arrive....
      07-11-2020, 03:34 PM   #88
Micke_B
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Anyone know where I can pick this system up in EU? And it does fit EU / GPF fitter cars right?
Appreciate 0