BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW Group Opens Plant in San Luis Potosi, Mexico

07-17-2021, 09:36 AM   #155
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edslittleworld View Post
Nothing personal, but this answer sounds globohomo and traditionalists like me are apparently in the vast minority. Fine. Although my answer may push the Overton Window on political correctness, some of us still like our mechanical watches to Swiss made, our fine shoes to be made in Italy, our optics to be made in Germany/Austria, our audio electronics to be made in Japan, our motorcycle cruisers to be made in America and our German branded cars to be made in Germany. They originally set the standards and in my opinion, still do. Maybe, it's a rage against the global machine...but so be it. Thanks for your understanding!
Do you prefer to never eat a McDonald's / Burger King hamburger menu outside the US ?

And you do realize that also in the US, people of all descent cook and 'assemble' with similar infrastructure, protocols and training worldwide the pre-conceived & pre-delivered ingredients of your burgers at McDo / BK, no ?
      07-17-2021, 02:14 PM   #156
Bimmer Pleaser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i RWD

Just about every electronic device you use is made in south/southeast Asia. Outsourcing is nothing new. Methinks people are worried about the status symbol value taking a hit, not quality.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24815.50