BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > AutoTecknic Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps

09-18-2020, 06:55 AM   #67
zm2c618
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X1, 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Ok, thanks. Yeah for me, the first set had a defect, and the replacement did not mount on the mirror housing on the drivers side. AutoTechnik blamed me for not being able to get the cap on, and took the return instead of working with me. Anyway, better for me to move on

Its also ironic that you had a fitment issue (like me) and they replaced yours. In my case they told me I need to get it professionally installed, and the cap HAD to fit since they test fit everything. Well, based on just you and me, we know that is not the case. I suppose since they already exchanged once due to defect, they didnt want to pay for shipping again? Bad business
Had the same fitment issue with the Autoteknic caps. Picked up my 2021 M2C two days ago and attempted to install them first thing once I got home. Driver’s side just wouldn’t sit flush on one spot. Tried snapping it in numerous times but I could never get one of the clips to fully engage. Decided to put stock cap back on and return these. Bummed because I really liked the quality and look of these caps. After reading a lot of the comments about other’s issues I ended up just ordering a set off getbmwparts.com. Paid double what the Autoteknic were but hopefully the fitment is spot on with these.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 01:02 PM   #68
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zm2c618 View Post
Had the same fitment issue with the Autoteknic caps. Picked up my 2021 M2C two days ago and attempted to install them first thing once I got home. Driver’s side just wouldn’t sit flush on one spot. Tried snapping it in numerous times but I could never get one of the clips to fully engage. Decided to put stock cap back on and return these. Bummed because I really liked the quality and look of these caps. After reading a lot of the comments about other’s issues I ended up just ordering a set off getbmwparts.com. Paid double what the Autoteknic were but hopefully the fitment is spot on with these.
Unbelievable, and they gave me a hard time. They probably sent my returns to you since they are so sure they fit They could have handled it a lot better. Its better to stay away from Autotechnik products
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2020, 07:20 PM   #69
zm2c618
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Unbelievable, and they gave me a hard time. They probably sent my returns to you since they are so sure they fit They could have handled it a lot better. Its better to stay away from Autotechnik products
Lol I was wondering the same thing. Well at least since this was my first return they sent me a prepaid label for shipping. Hopefully I get the refund once they receive them. Would’ve tried ordering a replacement set if I hadn’t of read your post from yesterday :lol so thanks for that!
Appreciate 1
BigKutta3901.00
      09-18-2020, 11:47 PM   #70
MONSTAR
#gotboost
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

I’m surprised you guys had trouble with the autotecknic team. I purchased a full m sport body kit for my old f30 from them and picked it up from their location in Rosemead 2-3 years ago. The guys there were really cool; they were genuinely proud of their products. They gave me some swag and said if I ever needed anything made in carbon fiber to hit them up.

I was thinking of ordering this set as the first “mod” for my m2 but the posts are a little concerning. Has anyone else tried these?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 09:04 AM   #71
zm2c618
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTAR View Post
I’m surprised you guys had trouble with the autotecknic team. I purchased a full m sport body kit for my old f30 from them and picked it up from their location in Rosemead 2-3 years ago. The guys there were really cool; they were genuinely proud of their products. They gave me some swag and said if I ever needed anything made in carbon fiber to hit them up.

I was thinking of ordering this set as the first “mod” for my m2 but the posts are a little concerning. Has anyone else tried these?
I can't speak for other's but I haven't had an issue with Autoteknic themselves. I've ordered a couple other things from them and had no problems. Just a bummer that the caps didn't work out.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 04:53 PM   #72
tjsabec
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008, e90, alpine white, 6mt

Just installed these mirror caps (m2c) with no fitment issues. Very happy with purchase!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 07:37 PM   #73
WOT Bimmer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

I just installed mine on my LCI M2. The only complaint I have is on the passenger side mirror. As someone above pointed out, it just didn't seem to want to snap in on the edge. It was minor enough that I am leaving it alone. Other than that, everything else was spot on.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0