BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > LOL it's 37F outside!

12-08-2020, 10:00 AM   #45
MMMBRAP
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
That temperature warning gong sound has traumatized me on every BMW I've owned over the years. It's the same gong sound as when you get a flat. Whenever it starts to get cold and I hear that gong my hearts skips a beat, time slows down, I get that sick feeling in my stomach as I look down only to see it's the temperature warning.
That's what happened to me the first few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregInNewMexico View Post
Indeed. Leaving such an awesome vehicle in the garage for an entire season would be very sad.
Absolutely. I moved from the North to the South just so I can drive all year round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
That warning has been around for at least 20 years. Kinda like bridge freezes before roadway.
I didn't know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
Whats wrong with that warning? conditions can become slippery and BMW is proactively warning you , its there in all BMWs
Nothing at all, I just found it amusing! I'm not sure my 1995 E34 540i 6MT had this warning before, so it was interesting to see it pop up.
Appreciate 0