BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > List of Dealers NOT marking up M2 Competition!

05-23-2018, 05:21 PM   #23
jdmo820
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Vista BMW in SFL, placed order today at MSRP
Appreciate 1
Cavpilot2k1023.00
      05-23-2018, 05:23 PM   #24
recycledAlva
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY17 BSM M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
BMW of Murrieta in socal sells all of their cars at MSRP
      05-23-2018, 05:35 PM   #25
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep
Drives: like a damn lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerardzM View Post
I really like the intent of this thread, awesome to see,

.....but unfortunately its futile, most if not all dealers, at least in California will have markups....and they will not budge.

Someone with more money then sense will pay that "market adjustment".

I mean look at the current people who are willing to lose money on a current M2 trade up.

Lots of people will have to wait over a year to even get MSRP....which still isn't even a deal.
Well, there's no helping THOSE people, but let's say someone is in the Bay Area and doesn't want to pay the markup. They can go to one of the dealers listed here, even if it's not local to them, and put in an order at MSRP.

We may not change the behavior of those dealers that mark up, because as you said, there are always those people with more money than sense who don't care what they pay to have the latest toy to show off. But we CAN reward the dealers that don't mark up by pointing them out and hopefully sending some business their way.
Appreciate 1
yaymitch867.50
      05-23-2018, 05:49 PM   #26
trafficalert
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: TTRS, M2CS

Huge shout out to Tom Bush BMW/Mini/Mazda in Jax, FL. They never mark anything above MSRP and have been nothing but stellar in all my dealings with them. They allow euro delivery on the hot new models also!
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
Cavpilot2k1023.00
Poochie9103.00
DanG10567.00
      05-23-2018, 05:56 PM   #27
GerardzM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavpilot2k View Post
Well, there's no helping THOSE people, but let's say someone is in the Bay Area and doesn't want to pay the markup. They can go to one of the dealers listed here, even if it's not local to them, and put in an order at MSRP.

We may not change the behavior of those dealers that mark up, because as you said, there are always those people with more money than sense who don't care what they pay to have the latest toy to show off. But we CAN reward the dealers that don't mark up by pointing them out and hopefully sending some business their way.

Didn't see that the thread was changed to name dealers that aren't marking up, probably a better route.

Keep in mind many only have 2 to 3 allocations, so many will have to wait.

I'm going to do some leg work and try and find some dealers with no mark up.

Surprisingly Beverly Hills BMW is MSRP..... I'll reconfirm with an old colleague.
Appreciate 1
Cavpilot2k1023.00
      05-23-2018, 05:59 PM   #28
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Didn't see that the thread was changed to name dealers that aren't marking up, probably a better route.

Keep in mind many only have 2 to 3 allocations, so many will have to wait.

I'm going to do some leg work and try and find some dealers with no mark up.

Surprisingly Beverly Hills BMW is MSRP..... I'll reconfirm with an old colleague.
Yeah, I decided to go positive instead of negative. Too much of that already. This is a car enthusiast forum for some pricey cars.
We should all just be happy and grateful we have the opportunity to buy them (but without needless markups).
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 06:01 PM   #29
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trafficalert View Post
Huge shout out to Tom Bush BMW/Mini/Mazda in Jax, FL. They never mark anything above MSRP and have been nothing but stellar in all my dealings with them. They allow euro delivery on the hot new models also!
Boom!
So you actually configured and ordered?
Was there an option for the upgraded brake package or have we determined that is standard?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 06:04 PM   #30
Say Chi Sin Lo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mazdaspeed 3, Honda S2000

Quote:
So, I take it that you weren't able to negotiate when you do an order like that?

Also, I think you should go back and save yourself $3,000 and get it in manual?
Appreciate 1
Pilot-Z174.50
      05-23-2018, 06:07 PM   #31
Macphisto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 ///M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncredibleNewt View Post
Great idea! I'm on the list for both BMW of El Cajon and BMW of San Diego. I will update when I hear more information from them about pricing. They've both verbally expressed to me that they will not be selling above msrp, but I won't know for certain until I can actually order.
I am on my fourth BMW from BMWSD. They have all been under or at MSRP including my M2 in 2016.
Appreciate 1
Cavpilot2k1023.00
      05-23-2018, 06:08 PM   #32
Grimlock85
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m3 / 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmo820 View Post
Vista BMW in SFL, placed order today at MSRP
SFL? is this the Vista, CA dealer?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 06:09 PM   #33
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo View Post
Quote:
So, I take it that you weren't able to negotiate when you do an order like that?

Also, I think you should go back and save yourself $3,000 and get it in manual?
And around 40 lb.
Mine will be manual, but it's not for everyone.
To each his own.

He'll be faster.

But I'm a helicopter pilot - I like all my appendages involved with flying (I control my I-drive with my Johnson).
Appreciate 1
COChris888.50
      05-23-2018, 06:12 PM   #34
Say Chi Sin Lo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mazdaspeed 3, Honda S2000

Quote:
And around 40 lb.
Mine will be manual, but it's not for everyone.
To each his own.

He'll be faster.

But I'm a helicopter pilot - I like all my appendages involved with flying (I control my I-drive with my Johnson).
trafficalert I meant no disrespect. Hell I'm in no position to even start an order so I envy you (just that, manual, that's all )

There's no price negotiation when it comes to ordering, correct?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 06:16 PM   #35
yaymitch
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS & 2022 RSQ8

Quote:
trafficalert I meant no disrespect. Hell I'm in no position to even start an order so I envy you (just that, manual, that's all )

There's no price negotiation when it comes to ordering, correct?
Whether ordering or buying off the lot you can always negotiate the price. It just depends on the dealers willingness to do so. I've ordered several BMW's (some M and some not). I've always negotiated the price upfront and have typically paid under MSRP. With brand new models like the M2C it is definitely harder to get any concessions.
      05-23-2018, 06:17 PM   #36
jdmo820
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock85 View Post
SFL? is this the Vista, CA dealer?
Vista in Coconut Creek Florida
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 06:20 PM   #37
GerardzM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Don't forget your taxes folks, seen too many people put minimal down and finance the rest...which leaves the high monthly.

Everyone is in a different financial position.

My main guy and Beverly hills still has no info on the Comp.
But confirmed MSRP on all vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 06:27 PM   #38
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Totally possible. Not every dealer will receive an allocation when the order bank is open. High volume dealers tend to get early and more frequent allocations than small dealers.As you pointed out, being #3 at a high volume M dealer might end up getting you an allocation sooner than being #1 at a smaller dealer that doesn't sell many M cars in a year.
Following up on the previous question about ordering. If you order a car, does that mean price negotiation is out of the window as well?
No not at all! I ordered my M4 and negotiated an invoice deal before any incentives. However, this doesn't mean that it will work whenever you order and whatever you order. Ordering or buying in-stock won't make any difference for M2C since it's the new hot thing in the market. So you'll probably only be able to apply the available incentives (if there is any) but won't be able to get any dealer discounts for a while.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 06:37 PM   #39
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep

I don't know about you all, but in my area there wasn't an M2 to be found on any lot until earlier this year. So the odds of finding a Comp on a lot for the first year or so is virtually zero (unless it's at one of those $20k markup Bay Area stealerships).
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 06:42 PM   #40
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep

Quote:
Don't forget your taxes folks, seen too many people put minimal down and finance the rest...which leaves the high monthly.

Everyone is in a different financial position.

My main guy and Beverly hills still has no info on the Comp.
But confirmed MSRP on all vehicles.
Good point on taxes. It'll be nearly $4k for me. Even if I can't or won't put down a lot of down payment (I'm a working stiff, so I don't have fuck you money), I will at least pay my taxes up front. Rolling them into financing is a bad deal.

That said, I was discussing with a budddy the idea of putting $20k or so down, and we agreed that if they are offering 1.9% interest on financing (which is what my dealer offered 2 months ago on the M2 I looked at), you could probably do far better things with $20k over the course of the loan than put it on a down payment (you could almost certainly find an investment that would make you more than 1.9%). But not everyone wants a $900/month car payment.
Like you said, everyone is in a different financial position.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 06:42 PM   #41
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
BMW Seattle never sells above MSRP.
Appreciate 1
Cavpilot2k1023.00
      05-23-2018, 06:44 PM   #42
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Nice, first time I have seen order details for a US M2C.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 08:25 PM   #43
trafficalert
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: TTRS, M2CS

You can "negotiate" any purchase order from pretty much anyone. My dealer always gives me a t-shirt and a bottle of touch up paint if I ask nicely. When I special ordered a 135is at the end of the run I got invoice pricing and massive rebates. However, when requests exceed allocations for a car, nobody will come off the MSRP without good reason. Euro delivery was/will be the only way to save a few bucks.
I think that other build options will post later this month. My guy just threw the order up quickly to make sure that I'm on the first boat. Possibly second boat after I spend a week in Europe. The order can be still be modified for several weeks until the build actually begins.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 08:27 PM   #44
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

A 62k vehicle @ 60 months (rate 3.99%) with added tax, you're looking at an estimated $1,200 month payment... Not counting unknown mark-ups..

Last edited by Poochie; 05-23-2018 at 08:33 PM..
Appreciate 0